Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under 8/8/04

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-04, 07:21 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Six Feet Under 8/8/04

Nate and Brenda take Maya on a train ride, getting caught in their tracks when they go a little too far. David tries to "sex-orcise" his demons; Keith straightens out a conflict of interest; Federico starts sleeping on the job; Ruth schools George when he treads on her garden; Vanessa and Angelica take some female matters into their own hands; and Claire enjoys "dancing" with Edie - as a spectator sport. Don't miss the all new episode "Coming and Going"

Last edited by Geofferson; 08-08-04 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-08-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow.

Best episode this season. They've been getting progressively better since the "That's My Dog" train wreck and if they keep it up, the next five eps should be phenomenal.

Spoiler:
It was great to see Sarge again too.

Rob
Old 08-08-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Loved every minute of this episode.
Old 08-08-04, 10:14 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I agree with the comments thus far -- great episode. Vanessa really went at it with the stripper and it looks like Ruth simply can't take anymore of George. I felt bad for Joe, but Brenda is definitely not the woman he is looking for in a mate.
Old 08-08-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of train wrecks....damn, Ruth. Get a grip!

I, too, felt very bad for Joe. I've really grown to like his character and the fact that he seemed to truly be good for Brenda. But she was bound and determined to screw it up and damage him along the way.

This episode truly illustrated just how screwed up this whole ensemble is...except for Keith. Didya ever think we'd see THAT??
Old 08-08-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It would take a few pages to just summarize what happened in this one episode. Whew!

David's expression during that quickie was scary and creepy.

So Clare's not a lesbian, and still hasn't found her O.

Nate and Brenda, who are they fooling? Too bad Joe didn't tear Nate a new one.

Even without the previews it was evident where Ruth would go walk-about after she had finally had enough of George.

Rico is practically six feet under himself in his current lose-lose situation.

Keith also got in on the "coming and going" motif for the episode.
Old 08-08-04, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love this show.
Old 08-08-04, 11:59 PM

Originally posted by Lara Means
I love this show.
"Me too" posts suck.

So...me also.

RS
Old 08-09-04, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Geofferson
I agree with the comments thus far -- great episode. Vanessa really went at it with the stripper

I love it when Spanish girls go at it.

They throw out Spanish comments that I have no idea what they are saying, but they seem right! And then they go all out.
Old 08-09-04, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts
Very good episode.

This show is great for episodes when the sh*t hits the fan.

I love the characters in SFU, and this episode shows that they're not always likeable and don't always do the right thing.

I like the Nate character, but I wanted Joe to pummel him.
Joe being fed up with Brenda was great. He's better with a spine.

Rico is an idiot and I can't feel sorry for him. It's funny that he never mentions the BJ he got at the end of last season - he cheated on Vanessa a year ago. Ruth feeling sorry for Rico and then hitting him within a few seconds was great.

As much as I like woman-on-woman, it's good that Claire isn't going down that path. David/Keith is fine enough.

Celeste seducing Keith was funny. The "ass" comment had me laughing.

The opening death scene was interesting. I miss the days when SFU had episodes about dealing with day-to-day business at the funeral home. I think they need to incorporate more of that aspect back into the show.

Last edited by Coral; 08-09-04 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-09-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Coral
The opening death scene was interesting. I miss the days when SFU had episodes about dealing with day-to-day business at the funeral home. I think they need to incorporate more of that aspect back into the show.
I was just thinking a similar thing last night during the episode. It has been a while since a dead person sat up on the slab and had a chat with one of the staff. I thought we were going to see more of Nate Sr. this season?

Interestingly, this episode was comprised of many short cuts and every scene had a "coming" and/or a "going".
Old 08-09-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
"I don't get ****ed in the ass."
"That makes one of us."
Old 08-09-04, 12:25 PM

loved this episode. Ruth really is going off the deep end with George. If it is this good now, think of how it will be when they air the finale.
Old 08-09-04, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the Nate character, but I wanted Joe to pummel him.
That was funny, how he got to play the "Maya card" to avoid an ass-whooping. "My daughter is in the next room!" Cheating guys should remember that excuse.

I still don't think Brendas problem is cheating or betrayal, I think her problem is she is hung up on Nate. She only seems to lose control of her fidelity when she is around him. She is not going out trolling for random guys like she used to.

I loved it when Vanessa got all crazy on that woman's car and then was like "Let's pick up the kids." Even though, it was somewhat true, I can't beleive Rico actually told her it was her fault he slept that hoochie-mama. I figured that woman would not want nothing to do with him once he was "free". She seems like that type, that would only want someone else's man, but lose interest if he wanted her to be his main squeeze.
Old 08-09-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
I figured that woman would not want nothing to do with him once he was "free". She seems like that type, that would only want someone else's man, but lose interest if he wanted her to be his main squeeze.
I still feel she is that way. She didn't want him to stay there afterwards, and later told him "I have two other guys..yadda yadda yadda." I took that as she plays a few guys for the money and such..only giving up what she needs to. IMHO - Dancers are used ta guys wanting them and giving them money, and look at guys as meal tickets. So...not only did Rico F up the marriage, but was played for gifts and such too.

And congrats on the Moderator-ship!
Old 08-09-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by rfduncan
It has been a while since a dead person sat up on the slab and had a chat with one of the staff.
Now it seems like we are only going to see that kidnapper dude appearing in David's imagination every week.
Old 08-09-04, 06:06 PM

It's funny that he never mentions the BJ he got at the end of last season - he cheated on Vanessa a year ago.
Nope that's not cheating. The President of the United States says that's not sexual relations, and who am I to argue?

Brett
Old 08-09-04, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, what a sexual cornucopia this episode was.
Old 08-10-04, 12:15 AM

I wonder if Keith is going to tell David about his "encounter" with Celeste. I really don't think David could handle that with his current emotional state.
Old 08-10-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Chaza
I wonder if Keith is going to tell David about his "encounter" with Celeste. I really don't think David could handle that with his current emotional state.
Spoiler:
They showed him telling David about it in next week's previews.
David's response cracked me up: "But she's a woman... isn't she?"

Rob
Old 08-10-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Chaza
Yeah...he started to tell David when he was standing outside the limo that next morning. "I've got something I've got to run by you/square with you..." or something to that effect. He obviously thought better of it when David freaked out on him.