DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Blue Collar TV [07/29/04] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/377776-blue-collar-tv-%5B07-29-04%5D.html)

xDareDevilx 07-31-04 08:20 PM

Blue Collar TV [07/29/04]

anybody watch this? I was a little skeptical about it, but after watching it, I am very excited abotu this show. I really hope it stays on the air. A couple of the skits got too carried away and were a little too silly. But overall, I laughed out loud a lot! The skit of the 3 as little kids in the car had me rolling. The redneck dictionary skit was great and the end with them 3 on stage as Larry the Cable Guy played guitar was hilarious.

Ron White is gonna be on it next week. Should be good. So , did anyone see it?

das Monkey 07-31-04 08:40 PM

I watched it. It had a few moments, but it was a huge dropoff in quality from the tour. These guys have some great stand-up material, but they're lacking when it comes to sketch comedy. I'll keep watching, but they'll need to raise the bar a bit if they want to stay on the air.

das

DodgingCars 07-31-04 10:22 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
I watched it. It had a few moments, but it was a huge dropoff in quality from the tour. These guys have some great stand-up material, but they're lacking when it comes to sketch comedy. I'll keep watching, but they'll need to raise the bar a bit if they want to stay on the air.

das

I agree. I found myself laughing a few times, but overall I was disappointed. I like their stand-up though.

xDareDevilx 07-31-04 11:45 PM

Alabama's new state flag color: Primer...HAHAHA.

when larry the cable guy's baby character started pissing all over the car, I lost it. Him as a baby was hilarious.

Red Dog 08-01-04 11:56 AM

This might have been one of the worst half-hours in the history of television.

xDareDevilx 08-01-04 12:55 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
This might have been one of the worst half-hours in the history of television.

are you not a fan of the blue collar tour movie, or those guys in general?

Red Dog 08-01-04 01:33 PM

Originally posted by xDareDevilx
are you not a fan of the blue collar tour movie, or those guys in general?

On the contrary - I thought Blue Collar Tour The Movie was rotfl hiliarious. This 30 minutes was the polar opposite of the movie in terms of laughs.

rskinfn 08-01-04 03:27 PM

The opening show was very weak. Considering the track record of Cable Guy, Foxworthy , and Engvall and the producers of JKX, I will give the show at least 3 more eps for it to establish itself .

Sketch comedy is very hit or miss and with the exception of Living Color (IIRC) few shows get it right the first time.

kevin75 08-01-04 10:26 PM

what channel is this on and what night?

xDareDevilx 08-02-04 10:13 AM

thursdays on the wb

Roto 08-02-04 12:16 PM

I caught the last two minutes of it and thought that Jeff Foxworthy had brought Hee Haw back, but he forgot the wheat field.