TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Days 7/18/04

Old 07-20-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Days 7/18/04

Did anyone else besides me see this show on ABC on Sunday night? It's called "The Days" and the main family's last name is "Day" or "Days", thus the play the the family name for the title of the show.

I don't really think it'll last, not much really grabbed my attention to want to see how this family, all in one day, has everything flipped upside down for them:

The father has an epiphany and quits a high paying law firm job.

The mother is moving up in her ad agency job, only to find out that she's pregnant.

The daughter finds out she's pregnant on the same day that her mom finds out about the mother's pregnancy. The pregnancy news makes it impossible for her to continue to play soccer for her school.

The older son gets in a fight protecting his sister's honor over this news. Otherwise, he's on the outside looking in while in high school.

The younger son has a panic attack at school, but finds the courage to tell the girl he likes that he likes her, though it means travelling on a city bus into a latino neighborhood, with the girl's older brother giving the son the 3rd degree, but lets the son go see the girl and it ends happily for him as she's amenable to his advances (we're talking 3rd or 4th graders, here).

The father tries to get his job back after all the stuff hits the fan, but his boss has already filled the position, so the father is left to find another job that's more meaningful (like teaching) while making room for 2 more kids.

The older son writes all this stuff down in his journal, and is presumeably the writer of the story of "The Days" in the future as the show peeks at his life.

Will this family drama fly? Probably not...
Old 07-20-04, 04:52 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I watched it. Not the type of show I usually go for, but the commercials made it look a little more black comedy than it really was. Despite that, I enjoyed it enough that I'll keep watching. But there's nothing spectacular about it.
Old 07-20-04, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i tivo'd it and just watched it and thought it was ok. the beginning was kinda slow but it picked up in the middle. i don't see it lasting very long either but i will keep watching to see how it goes. i am wondering if they will find a convenient way to get rid of natalie's pregnancy.
Old 07-23-04, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reairing on ABCFamily channel at 10pm Saturday incase you missed it like I did!