The Amazing Race 5 [7-6-04]

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 5 [7-6-04]

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-04, 02:16 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I liked the 90-minute premiere. It gave us more time to get to know the teams. Honestly, I think this is one show that could benefit from 90-minutes every week.
Old 07-09-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I would think that the only way you would know who gave you the yield was if you were close enough to see them put your picture on the board. Otherwise, I doubt they make anyone own up to it.
Old 07-09-04, 03:00 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I wonder about that.. I think there will be some way of knowing who has used the Yield...

Of course you can only use it once, so if you try and use it and it backfires you sure better not let that team you have used it on get into a position to delay you.

Not sure if it needed this but I'll go along with it, this is without doubt my Favourite show on Television....
Old 07-09-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
Honestly, I think this is one show that could benefit from 90-minutes every week.
Definitely. Even if you are watching this show live the time flies right by - when it hit the 90-minute mark I wanted it to keep going. My wife is getting into it, too. She's always been more of a big brother fan, but she watched last season w/ me and I think this is the year that I convert her for good.
Old 07-10-04, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Struz
What's with all the falling down ?
I know! I'm wondering if the teams are actually told to run at the start of the competition for dramatic effect. I know that if my friend and I were on the show, we would have done a little shtick about the being a marathon, not a sprint and "look at all 'em people falling down. Pity!" while shaking our heads!

I can't believe the General needed 25 stitches.
I like the father/daughter team but they won't go too far.
I've watched every episode of every TAR, old people and fat people don't do well.
That was a lot of blood! I'm glad that he got medical attention. Those pants are completely ruined. The father-daughter dynamic is going to be interesting, especially with his military background. Keeping in the shot where he turned the light switch off like it was going to open the locked doors was absolutely classic editing. I also like the chemistry between Team Internet, but think their age may be a negative factor.

I don't know whom I'm rooting for yet.
But it's definitely not Team 1 1/2.
They both annoy the hell out of me already !
Are you kidding? Mirna's my absolute favorite right now. Her deadpan delivery about catching mad cow disease while carrying the side of beef was the only one that had me absolutely rolling-on-the-floor laughing. (I missed Alison falling on her @$$.) As for the blackjack comment, I read on the CBS website that she's actually won in some competitive tournaments.

Besides, isn't Colin just plain creepy!
Old 07-11-04, 10:46 AM

PM me and I will tell you where to get them for free with some time and patience (and willing to learn if you don't know how to do it already).

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
John and Jill were a cool couple, probably one of my favourites of all the seasons I have seen.

I only missed the 1st half of S1.

and people are looking for a ridiculous 40 dollars for copies of it
Old 07-11-04, 11:33 PM

I watched this yesterday. I didn't like it as much as the other seasons so far. Mostly b/c I genuinely hate a lot of the teams and I've been to the places they went to so it didn't seem wild and exotic. I kinda love to hate the Christian model guy, and i like the black people team and the father/daughter. I really wish that zipline had snapped on the Mom's and/or the midget team
Old 07-12-04, 12:09 AM

The midget team didn't go on the zip line, she did almost become a hood ornament though :P

Guess I'm in the minority. I found Allison/Do-boy Donny as the most interesting / entertaining team. The midget team is pretty entertaining but not as savvy. All the other teams are boring.

Allison did save them at least twice. She's conniving, but so far, in a smart way. First, after talking to other teams about a gameplan for getting tickets while on the shuttle, she went off and did her own thing. There, she was the only one to ask about the flight that arrived earlier (or else they would have been trying to race for last with the idiots that got booted off). They were first on the faster flight instead of first or second on the slower flight and being called a scumbag, etc. Those two pizza doughboys are annoying with all their whining like divas. They should be called the PizzaDivas.

Back to Allison/do-boy, secondly, when they arrived at the hotel and saw the flag at the door, Do-boy was about to go right in. She stressed how they had to find the marker ACROSS the street, unlike the other two bumbling teams that just went in the door and played roulette without even knowing what was next. What would have happened if they lost roulette without knowing what to do next? The twins and the black married couple don't know how lucky they were to have won at the roulette table, sparing them from even more of a mess.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Allison and her do-boy can pull it all the way through, all the while wanting to rip each other's face off in the process.... now that's entertainment!
Old 07-12-04, 06:18 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by BenCJedi
PM me and I will tell you where to get them for free with some time and patience (and willing to learn if you don't know how to do it already).
If there was a pm I would.
e-mail me if you get a chance
rhalton at gmail.com
Old 07-12-04, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
If there was a pm I would.
e-mail me if you get a chance
rhalton at gmail.com
oops.. sometimes I forget what message board I am on.