DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   North Shore - 07/05/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/373199-north-shore-07-05-04-a.html)

B.A. 07-05-04 12:14 PM

North Shore - 07/05/04

"Meteor Shower", Episode #104.

Spoiler:
Nicole's handsome, successful fiance arrives, and Jason is surprised to find that he likes the man; Tessa contends with astronomers who are in town to witness an event that only happens every 70 years; Gabriel risks his job.

Cast: Kristoffer Polaha, Brooke Burns, James Remar, Corey Sevier, Nikki De Loach, Jason Momoa, Jay Kenneth Johnson, Amanda Righetti, Josh Hopkins, Michael Raymond-James, Maximillian Alexander.
Producer(s): Kevin Falls, Peyton Reed, Chris Brancato, Bert Salke.

Original Airdate: July 5, 2004.

MrX 07-05-04 12:17 PM

Is tonight the night Brooke Burns locks up her emmy?

B.A. 07-05-04 05:01 PM

Originally posted by MrX
I thought she did so last week.

tofu 07-05-04 06:44 PM

Originally posted by MrX
:lol:

MrX 07-05-04 08:16 PM

Man, the story with the lifeguard might have been the worst side story in tv history. Combine that with the fact that the guy who plays the lifeguard is the worst actor I've ever watched and it was just ugly.

gnradd21 07-05-04 10:00 PM

Originally posted by MrX
Man, the story with the lifeguard might have been the worst side story in tv history. Combine that with the fact that the guy who plays the lifeguard is the worst actor I've ever watched and it was just ugly.
I thought the guy playing the punk Hawaiian was even worse. Or maybe it was just the shitty dialogue he was having to say. It sounded forced and lame.

I think 99% of this cast has had their teeth bleached. Brooke Burns, lifeguard boy, the girl playing MJ, the guy who's trying to bang her, etc. It's to a blindingly white level.

The best part of this episode for me was the rock star guy riding the giant hot dog and almost drowning. They said he hadn't had a hit in a few years...maybe now he has something to write about :D

MrX 07-05-04 10:16 PM

Originally posted by gnradd21
I thought the guy playing the punk Hawaiian was even worse. Or maybe it was just the shitty dialogue he was having to say. It sounded forced and lame.
I had to laugh at the NORTH SHORE tattooed across his chestrotfl

ChrisHicks 07-05-04 10:23 PM

I was expecting a "you're watching Fox" slogan on his back.

B.A. 07-05-04 10:56 PM

Originally posted by MrX
I had to laugh at the NORTH SHORE tattooed across his chestrotfl
:lol: it was too funny.

The guy who plays Gabriel was using the Brooke Burns' method of acting tonight. He should pat himself on the back, she would be proud.

I think Mrs. Smith's junior high drama class is writing this show. For that age level, I'd give them a good, solid B.

"How'sit?"

gnradd21 07-05-04 11:13 PM

Yes, the show does have truly shitty writing. And yet for some reason I keep watching every week :banana:

Brooke Burns really has range. To go from Baywatch Hawaii just a few years ago and now to this....wow....whoever smelled Emmy was right on.

Patman 07-05-04 11:44 PM

I find this show fluffy and soothing, sad but true.

MrPeanut 07-06-04 02:55 AM

Re: North Shore - 07/05/04

Originally posted by B.A.

Producer(s): Kevin Falls, Peyton Reed, Chris Brancato, Bert Salke.

Is that the Peyton Reed?

Red Dog 07-06-04 07:42 AM

Originally posted by gnradd21
I thought the guy playing the punk Hawaiian was even worse.

Now that was pure comedy.

B.A. 07-06-04 03:02 PM

Re: Re: North Shore - 07/05/04

Originally posted by MrPeanut
Is that the Peyton Reed?
this one?

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...ersonid-30682/

Patman 07-06-04 04:27 PM

Peyton Reed directed "Bring It On," a guilty pleasure of mine.

MrPeanut 07-06-04 11:17 PM

That would be the one, thanks. imdb lets me down again, but between the two I think we can patch together most of his resume.

I have no guilt over the pleasure I get from Bring It On.