DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Celebrity Poker Showdown - the Final Table, 7/1 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/372642-celebrity-poker-showdown-final-table-7-1-a.html)

Red Dog 07-01-04 10:44 AM

Celebrity Poker Showdown - the Final Table, 7/1

Tonight is the final table featuring the winners over the last 5 weeks.

Competing:
Rosario Dawson
Dulé Hill
Michael Ian Black
Lauren Graham - my favorite
Maura Tierney

Patman 07-01-04 10:55 AM

Rosario's a pretty sharp cookie as well, but I voted for Maura. Lauren will be fun to watch, let's see who will be able to suss out her bluffs.

SpaceBoy 07-01-04 01:05 PM

I'm hoping Lauren Graham wins, but guessing Michael Ian Black will. He seems like a pretty good player and was in it last year too I believe.

Jeremy517 07-01-04 02:31 PM

I'll root for Lauren, but I don't think she'll win. She got a bit lucky in the first round because no one even had a marginal calling hand with any of her bluffs (and she bluffed a ton).

Patman 07-01-04 09:59 PM

Woo Hoo! My pick won!

Joeboo835 07-01-04 10:40 PM

I've never ever seen someone get so many pocket pairs in my life.

mikehunt 07-01-04 10:51 PM

wanted dule to win

SpaceBoy 07-01-04 11:44 PM

Lauren called so many hands with nothing.. Glad she didnt' end up winning. I agree dule was pretty funny.. and pretty lucky on the river.

Derrich 07-02-04 07:00 AM

Anyone notice Lauren and Maura giving each other dirty looks right at the beginning?

And when they showed highlights of Maura's earlier game, she looked like she was 'feeling no pain' as they say. I didn't remember her looking so wasted but when they did the flash back.... wow.

The game went pretty much as expected. Rosaria never had a chance. Micheal was a lot more calculating than I thought. When he ran down why he tossed away his aces it was like listening to a computer run down the odds.

D

Red Dog 07-02-04 07:50 AM

Maura was pretty lucky that Lauren never had anything when Maura was opening with outrageous bets w/o having anything.

wanted dule to win
I hope you're kidding.

mikehunt 07-02-04 12:40 PM

no
it wasn't due to his skill at poker playing, it was due to liking him the best as an actor of all the ones that were there

Originally posted by Red Dog
I hope you're kidding.

Patman 07-02-04 03:58 PM

I enjoyed watching/hearing Rosario Dawson say "Doo-Lay" repeatedly.

El Scorcho 07-03-04 01:14 PM

Damn Nicole Sullivan looked smokin' in that red top

ChefWinduAZ 07-04-04 11:10 PM

Originally posted by El Scorcho
Damn Nicole Sullivan looked smokin' in that red top
Yes she did and when she bent down to serve those drinks I wanted to smack Lauren Graham fro covering her up. ;)

Static Cling 07-05-04 09:18 PM

Lauren Graham and Maura Tierney in one room playing poker sounds like the start of a naughty dream I might have. (Bumping because it's on right now.)

B.A. 07-05-04 09:20 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
Lauren Graham and Maura Tierney in one room playing poker sounds like the start of a naughty dream I might have.
:lol: :up:

Patman 07-05-04 09:27 PM

I'm all in!

ChefWinduAZ 07-05-04 09:54 PM

Lauren Graham and Maura Tierney in one room playing poker sounds like the start of a naughty dream I might have. (Bumping because it's on right now.)
Now there's 'two pair' I wouldn't mind seeing. ;)

djbrown 07-06-04 08:41 AM

Bumping what?

MikeL. 07-06-04 12:14 PM

I caught the reruns of the games with Maura Tierney. RrrR.....she's a cutie. There's just something about her.

I noticed she was like 2 different woman in both games. The first one, the one where she wore her hair down, she was much looser, drinking the shots, making wise cracks. Very sexy.

The championship game, she was more reserved. Didn't say much. Was all game. Hair up, looks mighty cute on her.

Man, I got to start watching me more ER.

iggystar 07-06-04 02:45 PM

Ok, who won?

MikeL. 07-06-04 02:50 PM

Maura Tierney won it all.

Derrich 07-07-04 08:13 AM

I stand by my belief that the first Maura was drunk as hell and the second Maura was sober. Both were hotties but drunk Maura was more fun.

D

MikeL. 07-07-04 06:29 PM

Someone who was in the audience posted back in April on an ER Board posted that the championship game was played only a couple of hours after Maura had won her tournament. They played it on the same day. The actual game actually took about 5 hours to play.

I'm guessing by the championship game, Maura was just a bit tired. Out of all the players in the championship she's the only one who had to play her tournament and then the championship on the same day.