DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   North Shore - 06/21/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/370944-north-shore-06-21-04-a.html)

B.A. 06-21-04 03:55 PM

North Shore - 06/21/04

"Tessa", Episode #102.

Spoiler:
A down-on-her-luck guest wangles a job as a hotel maid at the Grand Waimea, then parlays it into a promotion to concierge; Nicole and Jason struggle to find a professional and personal balance.

Cast: Kristoffer Polaha, Brooke Burns, James Remar, Corey Sevier, Nikki De Loach, Jason Momoa, Jay Kenneth Johnson, Amanda Righetti.
Producer(s): Kevin Falls, Peyton Reed, Chris Brancato, Bert Salke.

Original Airdate: June 21, 2004.

movieking 06-21-04 07:37 PM

This is just a horrible horrible show. An obvious Las Vegas ripoff, and not a good one at that.

And how old was that "15 year old" from last weeks episode anyway? It was asked in last week's thread, but not answered.

MrX 06-21-04 09:10 PM

Better then last week's episode but still just average.

Amanda Righetti is hot but I don't remember her being this bad an actress on the O.C. The scenes with her and the guy she was trying to get away from were painful to watch.

tofu 06-21-04 09:12 PM

Ugh. I had to watch the show with the sound off to keep from getting a headache. And yes, Amanda Righetti is looking good.

B.A. 06-21-04 10:46 PM

Originally posted by MrX
Better then last week's episode but still just average.

Amanda Righetti is hot but I don't remember her being this bad an actress on the O.C. The scenes with her and the guy she was trying to get away from were painful to watch.

It was better than last week's, but it still has a long way to go.

Amanda Righetti had more to work w/ on The O.C. - I think that had a lot to do w/ it. The writing on this show is terrible, so it won't really make any actor look good.

Brooke Burns is an awful actor, they could do a lot better in that department.

Nikki DeLoach is a pleasant surprise. :up:

Patman 06-21-04 11:32 PM

Did Amanda get her nose "done"? I think the bump on her nose was less prominent than it was on "The O.C."

riley_dude 06-21-04 11:43 PM

I didnt think the first one was that great. A lot of potential but very predictable script writing.
Great looking people wont keep this one afloat.
I am guessing, like Kingdom Hospital, that the rating will slowly decline as the weeks go on.

DeadLamb 06-22-04 02:41 AM

Originally posted by movieking
And how old was that "15 year old" from last weeks episode anyway? It was asked in last week's thread, but not answered.
Leighton Meester going by http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1015262/ she is 18..

as for the new ep of the show.. errrr for a "new" sort of summer show, up against a bunch of reruns it's not that bad being not much else new one to watch..

Only thing that bugs me is the predicitable writing as others have said.. Oh geeeeeee big shock her old boy friend is hanging around.. Geeeee the teen guy after the teen girl turned into a grabby jerk.. yawn... Good lord, mix it up a little bit...

Red Dog 06-22-04 07:45 AM

I think I may have found a worse actress on television than Elisabeth Rohm. Her name: Brooke Burns.

Boot 06-22-04 08:15 AM

Pick programs to record --> Season Pass manager --> North Shore --> delete season pass

B.A. 06-22-04 08:26 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
I think I may have found a worse actress on television than Elisabeth Rohm. Her name: Brooke Burns.
:lol: And the impossible happens.

riley_dude 06-22-04 11:29 AM

as for the new ep of the show.. errrr for a "new" sort of summer show, up against a bunch of reruns it's not that bad being not much else new one to watch..
So you are watching just because nothing else new is on???

Red Dog 06-22-04 11:35 AM

Originally posted by riley_dude
So you are watching just because nothing else new is on???

This is exactly what FOX was thinking with this summer scheduling - they are airing crap in the hopes that carbon blobs will prefer it over re-runs on other networks.

Personally, I think they are making a big mistake in not re-running The O.C., considering that they are moving it to a timeslot with strong competition for the same demographic. Yeah, soaps/serials don't repeat well, but the word of mouth for The O.C. was very strong from the start. However, some people may have hesitated to jump in after the season already started. They had the opportunity to capture such people this summer and they probably could have gotten a good portion of repeat viewers.

B.A. 06-22-04 12:33 PM

I'm surprised that they aren't re-running eps of The O.C., too. Even if they didn't do it on the main network they could do it on FX and run the hell out of their ads for the upcoming season and its new time slot. At least get the show out there for viewers to watch it and maintain its steam.

Red Dog 06-22-04 12:39 PM

Originally posted by B.A.
I'm surprised that they aren't re-running eps of The O.C., too. Even if they didn't do it on the main network they could do it on FX and run the hell out of their ads for the upcoming season and its new time slot. At least get the show out there for viewers to watch it and maintain its steam.

Yeah - it would serve as a good lead-in for Nip/Tuck on Tuesdays.

B.A. 06-22-04 01:27 PM

Exactly. And speaking of Nip/Tuck on Tuesdays - tonight is going to kick ass.

DRG 06-23-04 10:01 AM

I missed The OC all season, and was planning on checking out reruns to see what the hype is. Now I'll probably NEVER see it, unless of course Joey is complete crap (which it might be) and I have a break between Survivors.

I tried to watch the second North Shore, but I couldn't even stand to have it on in the background while I cooked dinner.