Reload this Page >

Six Feet Under (6/20/04)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under (6/20/04)

Old 06-20-04, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Six Feet Under (6/20/04)

In Case of Rapture

George puts his stamp on the Fisher home, settling into domestic routines that irk Arthur. David cautions Nate about projecting his personal grief onto their clients; Keith applies for a glamorous new job; Joe challenges the logic of Brenda's twelve-step plan; Claire reawakens her artistic muse after meeting a free spirit named Edie; and Federico proves that charity doesn't always begin at home.

I thought tonight's episode was great. The opening death scene was quite funny. A few months have passed since last week's episode it seems. Looks like Arthur and George have quite the feud going on with the origins of formica. Also, what the heck is Rico doing? He's only going to get into deep trouble if he keeps on visiting stripper gal.
Old 06-20-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And we're back to the 50 minute episodes. Minor gripe. But a gripe nonetheless. Sorry, I'm selfish, I want the entire 60 minutes (like last week) Anyway.....yes, great episode indeed. The George and Arthur situation was absolutely hilarious. This could get ugly. Equally hilarious was the poetry scene with Mena Suvari. She's going to give the show a little extra spark I can see. And (***spoilers***), big surprise she turns out to be bi at the very least based on the previews for next week. Looks like Claire will be doing the Russell thing too. Wonder if she'll take him back now. Not sure if I like Brenda's new relationship. While I like the character (Joe) and the actor (Justin Theroux), I think they have zero chemistry. And when they showed them on the couch making out, and the camera panned from the feet up, I thought that was Brenda on top. Not him. The guy is smaller than her. Nice scene with Nate and his dad outside of the house. And that little girl who plays Miya is the cutest little kid. She's so calm all the time.
Old 06-20-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good episode. I'm glad things aren't gonna get so dark and depressing like last season.
Old 06-21-04, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Worst sexual fantasy. EVER. They owe us a sex scene between Mena and Lauren, now.

Originally posted by Daytripper
And that little girl who plays Miya is the cutest little kid. She's so calm all the time.
She has the most wonderful deadpan. Last year there was a great scene in the kitchen when all hell was breaking loose and she just kept taking little pieces of food from Dave and calmly munching away
Old 06-21-04, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So I wonder who sent George the pile of shit. Arthur, getting back at him for eating his yogurt? One of his "ex" wives? Someone else?

Great episode, can't wait for next week. Anyone know how long Mena Suvari will be sticking around for?

Brian
Old 06-21-04, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Totally pleased with the first two epsiodes - this really is one of TV's best!
Old 06-21-04, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought it was most definitely Arthur who sent the pile of shit. But a twist would be ncie with this show.
Old 06-21-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ive enjoyed the 1st two eps,nice to see them giving Keith more to do that just bitch at David.
Old 06-21-04, 08:19 PM

Best death scene ever.
Worst sex scene ever.
Old 06-21-04, 11:45 PM
Political Exile

What was with the nonchalance over David cheating? I thought that was kind of strange.

I didn't mind the sex scene because for once the girl was on top. It seems like every sex scene in this show always seems to be the guy on top. Have some variety.
Old 06-22-04, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Down with the cowgirl position

Not down with seeing that actress simulate sex
Old 06-22-04, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Much better than the first episode. I don't like the whole Brenda storyline though. She is not a part of the family, she does not work at the funeral home, so why even have her on? I know that her storyline will intersect with Nate's eventually, but I just don't want to waste any time on her now.
Old 06-22-04, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
Much better than the first episode. I don't like the whole Brenda storyline though. She is not a part of the family, she does not work at the funeral home, so why even have her on? I know that her storyline will intersect with Nate's eventually, but I just don't want to waste any time on her now.
That's the same thing I was thinking. I just get bored whenever she shows up.
Old 06-22-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by movieking
Huh!? She's a big part of the storyline. And the reason why Nate went running back to Lisa in the first place. Everything will tie together eventually. To me, Brenda is the most interesting on the show. You never know what she's going to say and do. And her mother is the funniest character. Can't wait until she's back.
Old 06-22-04, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There is no question that everything will tie together eventually, which is why I said "I know that her storyline will intersect with Nate's eventually". I just don't like the current Brenda storyline, and feel that it takes away from the rest of the show. Her time could be better spent on Claire, Keith, David, Rico, or even Arthur.
Old 06-22-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I disagree. How does it take away from the rest of the show? They're showing her getting closer to this new guy Joe. As *I* said, I don't think the two actors have any chemistry. But it's part of the story. And you know that Nate will re-enter the picture later. You can't expect them to just put her character aside until that happens.
Old 06-22-04, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
What was with the nonchalance over David cheating? I thought that was kind of strange.
I too felt it kind of strange. Maybe some gay posters can chime in as to why that was undermined?
Old 06-22-04, 10:24 AM

I am not a gay male, but on Queer as Folk, there are some gay male couples who allow "cheating" as long as it is sex-only and doesn't involve kissing or emotional attachments.

I figure that since males tend to be more sexually driven than females, if you had a relationship with 2 males they might be able to have an understanding that would be a bit more "tolerant" of other sexual activity than a typical male-female relationship.

The main thing that surprised me though was that it was David who got some on the side instead of Keith. That plumber was kind of hunky too.
Old 06-22-04, 11:10 AM

Kramdenfan's thoughts:

Good episode. I really liked the 3 months between the first episode and the second.

I'm interested to see what they do with Nate's character, since he quit the practice.

Arthur cracks me up!

Rico's story line with the stripper may get very interesting. On the first episode, was that the stipper he saw on the street (looking like a prostitute) or his sister-in-law?

Also- who was that that played Claire's friend, who was friends with Mena?

Last edited by kramdenfan; 06-22-04 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-22-04, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by kramdenfan
On the first episode, was that the stipper he saw on the street (looking like a prostitute) or his sister-in-law?
I believe it was the stripper. This is the storyline that has me most involved. I've always liked Rico's character.
Old 06-23-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Tom Lenk's cameo was pretty amusing (for Buffy fans, he'd be Andrew) right before Mena Suvari shows up on open mic night. At least Claire finally picked up her camera again, even if it was to take photos of that ghastly, bloody scene in the preparation/embalming room.

The episode just went on merrily, nothing super-dramatic (besides Nate's meltdown), and everything is just simmering for the moment.

At least the dookie sender was nice enough to put it in a tupperware-like container (I guess it'd smell in a paper bag inside the shipping box). That was the highlight of the episode.

Rico, Rico, Rico, dude, you're getting played so badly.

The obligatory plumber jokes after David's revelation to Keith were gag-worthy (oops, bad pun).

Glad to see Nate Sr. make an extended appearance (plus him pointing out the blonde mom was funny).

Ruth seems to have put herself in the background for now.

George and Arthur's little passive-aggressive battles should make for some fun viewing.

Brenda's storyline is reeks of puppy-love for the moment, but you just know Nate is going to re-complicate her love life later down the line.

Nate and the dead woman of the episode reminded me of "Kingpin" (with Woody Harrelson).
Old 06-23-04, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Patman
Tom Lenk's cameo was pretty amusing (for Buffy fans, he'd be Andrew) right before Mena Suvari shows up on open mic night.
I was wondering if that was him! I recognized his voice, but I thought his face looked different so I wasn't sure.
Old 06-23-04, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by kramdenfan
Kramdenfan's thoughts

Also- who was that that played Claire's friend, who was friends with Mena?
That was Sprague Grayden
Old 06-24-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Geofferson
I too felt it kind of strange. Maybe some gay posters can chime in as to why that was undermined?
"Undermined" is not how I'd describe it. Apparently David and Keith have an open relationship - this must have logically followed the scenario when Keith brought the threesome concept into the relationship last season. Over the course of the 3 months since David moved in, they must have gone a few steps further towards a more open relationship... I mean David really didn't seem to have any trepidation about telling Keith about the plumber. Clearly they have discussed such situations since Keith double-checked what had happened by asking if David did anything (either of of concern for STDs or to make sure everyone is clear on the "rules") . This scene showed:

a) they are open and honest with each other
b) have no shame about their sexuality
c) don't need a therapist to talk about stuff like that
d) Keith seems to have made some serious progress with rage

Obviously this comfortable situation is going to be completely destroyed once Keith starts falling back into his "I'm a butch, straight security gaurd" mode (see the "Yeah, I'd tap that" scene). At least that is MY take on that whole thing.

Last edited by rfduncan; 06-24-04 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-24-04, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by rfduncan
Obviously this comfortable situation is going to be completely destroyed once Keith starts falling back into his "I'm a butch, straight security gaurd" mode (see the "Yeah, I'd tap that" scene). At least that is MY take on that whole thing.
That was funny. "I'd tap that...ass."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.