Reload this Page >

William Hung is preparing a second album!!! Oh my God

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-14-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - William Hung's debut album, "Inspiration," has sold roughly 100,000 copies.
Repeat that figure to yourself.

Let it rattle around in your mind.

The tone-deaf "American Idol" reject, who has parlayed being a national joke into well more than 15 minutes of fame, is getting ready to premiere his second video for a single that will be heard on his second studio album. The mind boggles.
For an encore to his interpretation (to use a kind word) of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs," Hung has recorded a version of Queen's "We Are the Champions." The video for the song will premiere on Tuesday (June 15) at 10 p.m. ET on GSN immediately before the premiere of GSN's new "Extreme Dodgeball."

Yes, the video features Hung in one of Queen frontman Freddie Mercury's signature jumpsuits. No, that's not meant as an endorsement.

"Hung was our first choice to represent our marketing campaign which is an homage to everyday 'winners and losers' on GSN's original series," said Dena Kaplan, senior vice president of marketing, GSN. "Although he lost on 'American Idol,' Hung was an ultimate winner as his first debut album, Inspiration, has sold well over 100,000 copies."

There's that number again.

Hung's label, Koch Records, will deliver a remixed version of "We Are the Champions" to radio stations on Wednesday. Koch is releasing Hung's first DVD, "Hanging With Hung," on Tuesday, June 29.

The occasion University of California civil engineering student's second album is in pre-production and may be ready for a September release. That would mean that Hung's second album could beat sophomore albums by "Idol" finalists Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard, as well as the first CDs by recent favorites Fantasia Barrino and Diana DeGarmo.
Old 06-14-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He is going to be in Denver for some appearance by a local radio station. I can't believe people are actually calling in to try and win tickets.
Old 06-14-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

weird....
Old 06-14-04, 02:17 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What part of "novelty CD" don't they get?
Old 06-14-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
What I find interesting is that Hung seems to be more popular than Fantasia, who actually won the thing.

He certainly has more name recognition.
Old 06-14-04, 03:02 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess they're really milking it now. In a few months it should die down once everyone body has done "the worst singer" thing.
Old 06-14-04, 03:48 PM

Old 06-14-04, 03:52 PM

The release of the first single by "American Idol" winner Fantasia Barrino has been delayed.

Barrino's single, "I Believe" was originally scheduled for release June 15, but now won't hit stores until June 22.

Teresa Wright of Wal-Mart said her store in High Point plans to stock 5,000 copies of the single. The store usually stocks between 20 and 50 copies of other new albums.

In addition to "I Believe," the recording will include Aretha Franklin's "Chain of Fools" and "Summertime" from the George Gershwin folk opera "Porgy and Bess."

According to RCA Records, the release of runner-up Diana DeGarmo's single "Dreams" will be switched from June 22 to June 29 to preserve a one-week gap between the two finalists' release dates.
Old 06-14-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

... and the dead horse gets another whack.
Old 06-14-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wish he would just go Away!
Old 06-14-04, 08:39 PM

The lyrics that made him famous was "she bangs she bangs" but for him to have well beyond his 15 min. and now a 2nd album. It's "he bangs he bangs" and he's doing it to us in the bad place.
Old 06-14-04, 09:08 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by gettinbranded
Old 06-14-04, 10:20 PM

He's banged enough for me. The novelty wore off a few months ago.

I can't wait until he has kids and they see pics like the one above. Wait a minute....that would mean he would actually have to get laid....nevermind. Then again, he seems to still have fans, so he just might get lucky
Old 06-14-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can all threads on rejects with record deals from ridiculous shows be placed in the Music Forum from now on.
Old 06-15-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why do people care so much that he's getting publicity and recording albums? Let him have his fun and let people support it if they want.

People just love to hate for some reason.
Old 06-15-04, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Trelach24
Why do people care so much that he's getting publicity and recording albums? Let him have his fun and let people support it if they want.

People just love to hate for some reason.
Ditto that. Let the kid have his fun. It'll end, and he'd be a fool not to ride that pony until it does. Even if his 2nd album sells only a fourth of the first, that's still some coin for a college kid who no doubt needs it.

For a long time, I didn't think Will was in on the joke. Now I'm pretty sure he is. I think the whole innocent moron theme was carefully constructed fron the start.
Old 06-15-04, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you were in his shoes, you'd milk it for all it's worth too.
Old 06-15-04, 03:06 AM

Originally posted by big whoppa
If you were in his shoes, you'd milk it for all it's worth too.
If i hit straight a's in berkeley, and knew i was the laughing stock of the world (which, i agree with the premise of he isn't all there) i'd stick with my 70,000 a year job.
Old 06-15-04, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Oh come on - I know the guys sucks, but I cant blame him. More fame and money in one year that I'll ever see in my lifetime? If I were in his position, I'd grab that brass ring as hard as I could and hang on for as long as I could too. Milk it for your 6 months or a year, and then take the money and fade away when the next Flavor of the Month comes along.

Nobody will remember who he is come 2005.
Old 06-15-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I blame FOX.
Old 06-15-04, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by beavismom
He is going to be in Denver for some appearance by a local radio station. I can't believe people are actually calling in to try and win tickets.
yeah there is some Day in the Zone Concert out here in Sacramento.. With the list of acts on the web site going Train, Melissa Etheridge, blah, blah, blah "...and special guest William Hung!!"...

so I've heard a few people call into the station just throwing a fit that he should not have any stage time at all being it's taking away from real singers... I mean it's one thing to "get" the joke and hunt down the CD for some reason and play it, whole other thing to sort of get it forced on you at a concert I guess..

Not the sort of events I go to really but I can see why some might be upset.. errrr but then again how bad can it really be!?! I mean he must just sing one song and leave, right? I can't picture, CD or not, that he can pull off a whole set of off key wobbles with out making people riot and burn the place down.

Ah the really sad thing is you just KNOW in 15-20 years you will all hear his song again on the radio as some "year 2004" thing. heh