DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Road Rules Extreme (a.k.a. Road Rules XIII) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/368536-road-rules-extreme-k-road-rules-xiii.html)

Matthew Chmiel 06-08-04 12:15 AM

Road Rules Extreme (a.k.a. Road Rules XIII)

Did anyone watch the season premiere of Road Rules on MTV tonight?

Production began in February on the 13th season of Road Rules, sending six strangers to Chile. The first of 16 episodes of Road Rules will premiere in June '04. This season's missions will focus on extreme adventure in exotic, breathtakingly beautiful locations. Each episode features the cast in a new destination with a new mission they must complete in order to get to the next location. The participants surrender all money and credit cards when filming begins, forcing them to live by their wits and the lump sum of cash that they carefully budget in order to last them the entire ten weeks.

I haven't warmed up to the cast yet, but they're a lot better than the cast that's currently on The Real World: San Diego. A lot better. Then again, the past few seasons of Road Rules have been a lot better than that of Real World's.

But yet again, another season of Road Rules loses the charm of seasons past by continuing the trend that started with The Quest in which the Road Rulers will have to vote off team members if they lose two missions. This is Road Rules not Survivor damnit!

But I will be watching this season for one reason:
I really want to see who flips the ****in' bus and why. :)

MFRONE 06-08-04 12:24 AM

Can they please stay in America and keep the entire around the whole filming of the series?

Matthew Chmiel 06-08-04 12:28 AM

Can they please stay in America and keep the entire around the whole filming of the series?
Season 3 wasn't that bad (the Europe season)... but then again, there was Semester At Sea...

For the fact they're in an RV makes it already better than Semester At Sea. ;)

Kicker_of_Elves 06-08-04 05:31 AM

They flip the bus?

:lol:

AXP 103 06-08-04 06:57 AM

My favorite aspect of the original RR shows was the fact that they couldn't escape each other. It was them, the cameras, and the RV. I liked how the show made them scrounge for money like crackheads. Exotic locations are cool, but people flipping out on each other is better.

asabase 06-08-04 07:04 AM

I thought they just crash the bus into an overhanging tree or something.

GuessWho 06-08-04 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
Season 3 wasn't that bad (the Europe season)... but then again, there was Semester At Sea...

For the fact they're in an RV makes it already better than Semester At Sea. ;)

Without Semester at Sea, there would be no Veronica...

raven56706 06-08-04 09:11 AM

Veronica :drool:

Patman 06-08-04 09:23 AM

It figures that Derrick was cast to be the obnoxious drunk/homophobe/violent idiot of the season. He will be gone if they lose 2 missions.

I thought Jodi was pretty cute (expressive eyes), Ibis is pretty, but her body is strangely put together. The other girl's face is a little long, but sort of cute.

Jonny2k1 06-08-04 11:52 AM

The cast didn't do much for me. I don't know if I will stick around to watch. I hate the voting off aspect of the newer RRs. They should stick to the regular aspect of the show.

JPRaup 07-19-04 09:22 PM

Anyone just see that dog biting mission, holy shit

atari2600 07-24-04 07:03 PM

anyone know what kind of dog they have on the show? not the killer dogs from that last mission...the cool little dog that they drive around with :)

QuikSilver 07-24-04 08:35 PM

I actually like watching this show but I don't think their missions are that extreme compared to other seasons. I too am wondering what kind of dog they have. Is it a baby because its so small?

Da Thrilla 07-25-04 09:51 PM

I'm really starting to like this season.
The new guy that replaced Danny that got voted off is from MN :up:

And the ladies...all smokin :drool::up:

BT 07-26-04 02:47 PM

The bungie jump from the helicopter in the first episode reminded me of a similar stunt/ mission from a long time ago where they had to bungie out of a gondola (higher off the ground than the newer one) in the mountains in Europe somewhere. Don't know if I could do it myself but it looks like a blast.

GuessWho 08-25-04 09:55 PM

I saw Derrick at the Cubs gametoday, sitting with his buddies a few rows from me.

Da Thrilla 08-25-04 09:58 PM

Originally posted by GuessWho
I saw Derrick at the Cubs gametoday, sitting with his buddies a few rows from me.
He must be from Chicago...

Patman 08-25-04 10:01 PM

Can't stand the first new girl, she's totally one of these "All things must revolve around me" types, and has the maturity of a pre-schooler at times, even though she thinks otherwise.

GuessWho 08-25-04 10:16 PM

Originally posted by Da Thrilla
He must be from Chicago...
Yep.

One of the other guys, forget which, is from a bordering suburb too -- so the show has 2 locals:up:

Da Thrilla 08-25-04 10:28 PM

Let's see, Patrick, not Nick - he is from Minnesota :up:

Dabaomb 09-28-04 12:11 AM

Final mission tonight. Angela has to be the most annoying person ever.

If I were her teammate, I'd be tempted to b*tchslap her.

CrashNBurn69 09-28-04 12:45 AM

angela looked pretty hot when she was posing in her car

Dabaomb 09-28-04 01:49 AM

Originally posted by CrashNBurn69
angela looked pretty hot when she was posing in her car
the only hot one on the show was Kina...it was sad to see her go :(

Ralph Wiggum 09-28-04 03:45 AM

Somehow they managed to make this season even worse than South Pacific.

LaxBandit 09-28-04 09:21 AM

Originally posted by GuessWho
Yep.

One of the other guys, forget which, is from a bordering suburb too -- so the show has 2 locals:up:

Danny, the first gay guy, was from Chicago.
(There was a conversation when they first meet where Dannys or Derricks-I forget which one-school always beat the other in football every year.)

LB...