Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Nickelodeon is showing classic shows all month for their 25th Anniversary!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-01-04, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every weekday at 5:30 ET in June, Nickelodeon is having a Classic U-Pick in celebration of their 25th Anniversary.

The choices for today were Angry Beavers, Doug and Rocko's Modern Life.

Rocko's Modern Life won and the first episode of the series titled "No Pain, No Gain/Who Gives A Buck?" aired earlier.

The choices for tomorrow are Clarissa Explains It All, The Secret World Of Alex Mack and You Can't Do That On Television.

You can vote for your favorite at the U-Pick Website.

Should be a fun month for us 80's kids.
Old 06-01-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OMG!

Hopefully we will be seeing (probably the greatest teen angst show of all time) The Adventures of Pete & Pete one day...

also Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts.

now where the hell are the dvds.
Old 06-01-04, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by conscience
Hopefully we will be seeing (probably the greatest teen angst show of all time) The Adventures of Pete & Pete one day...

also Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts.
All 3 shows are confirmed to be choices in upcoming U-Picks this month.

But remember, we have to vote!

Last edited by YourOlympicHero; 06-02-04 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-01-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, I was ready to start celebrating... I was hoping for a marathon of classic shows. Seeing a random episode is fun and all, but after Hey, Dude and Salute Your Shorts have been missing for so many years, I want to watch and archive the entire series. Pete and Pete was airing nightly on "Noggin" about a year back, so keep an eye open... They might still show it.

Maybe I'm getting too old, but I've never even heard of "Angry Beavers"... Classic? Makes me concerned these polls might be completely ruled by young whipper snappers that haven't even heard of Hey, Dude and Salute Your Shorts.
Old 06-01-04, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by coladar
Damn, I was ready to start celebrating... I was hoping for a marathon of classic shows. Seeing a random episode is fun and all, but after Hey, Dude and Salute Your Shorts have been missing for so many years, I want to watch and archive the entire series. Pete and Pete was airing nightly on "Noggin" about a year back, so keep an eye open... They might still show it.
Salute Your Shorts aired last summer on the digital cable channel Nickelodeon:GAS (Games and Sports For Kids).

Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts and The Adventures Of Pete And Pete will be choices this month in the classic U-Picks.

We just have to vote them on.
Old 06-01-04, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

True about the voting. 'cuz if many of today's kids vote we will probably be seeing a lot more Rugratsesque stuff rather than You Can't Do that on Televisionesque stuff.
Old 06-01-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hurray! Salute your Shorts! Hey Dude!
Old 06-01-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You Can't Do That On Television !!
Old 06-02-04, 12:27 AM

According to the U-Pick site, it looks like we'll be watching You Can't Do That On Television tomorrow!

Clarissa Explains It All - 7%
You Can't Do That on Television - 90%
The Secret World of Alex Mack - 3%

Old 06-02-04, 12:42 AM

Is this going to be an episode with Alanis Morrisette?
Old 06-02-04, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Is this going to be an episode with Alanis Morrisette?
When Nick had their 20th Anniversary in 1999, they showed an Alanis episode of You Can't Do That On Television.

They also showed an episode of Hi Honey, I'm Home! with A.J. McLean from the Backstreet Boys.

I guess they were trying to relate the older shows to the younger kids through celebrities.
Old 06-02-04, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the 20th they aired basically ALL of their old shows! They aired more than one episode of YCDTOTV also, but they all had Alanis on them I believe.
Old 06-02-04, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the post. I don't watch Nickelodeon and never would have known about this otherwise.

I've got Tivo ready to record YCDTOT tonight. Looks like we'll be hosting an 80's party soon!
Old 06-02-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thnik we'll get the chance to vote on seeing an episode of "Roundhouse"?
Old 06-02-04, 02:54 PM

Nick is 25?!? Does anyone besides me remember the huge "Nick is Nine" celebration?
Old 06-02-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did anyone watch some of the classic, kids Nick shows? Like, Eureeka's Castle or David the Gnome?

Also, does anyone remember Guts or Legends of the Hidden Temple?
Old 06-02-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hated Eureeka's Castle but did like David the Gnome and like Today's Special.

Loved watching Guts, didn't like Legends of the Hidden Temple. I would have rather watched Double Dare, Finder's Keepers...
Old 06-02-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I remember Eureeka, Guts, and LotHT, but not David the Gnome. Didn't like Eureeka.
I liked Doug, Rocko, YCDTOTV, Clarissa, I occasionally watched Real Monsters, I didn't like Angry Beavers; I liked Kablam! except for Action League Now! And going way back, of course I watched it when Nick played Dangermouse.
And yes, in college my roommate and I watched Fifteen. Oh, the early teen angst.
Many of the shows on Nick now or recently are bad, even for kid's programs. I know Rugrats is a hit, but I never liked it. And Catdog was just stupid. Fairly Oddparents is kind of Bullwinkle-esque with its dialog and punnery/allusions. I'm glad Nick is at least introducing today's kids to some of their older shows [I caught Rocko yesterday], but I also want to know what the HELL happened to Nick at Nite? Growing Pains? Full House? I don't think so....
Old 06-02-04, 06:45 PM

The digital cable channel Nick Too, which shows the west coast feed of Nickelodeon, will be replaying the You Can't Do That On Television episode at 8:30 ET tonight if anyone's interested.
Old 06-02-04, 07:05 PM

I don't have Nickelodeon as I live in Canada but it would be a blast to see Are You Afraid Of The Dark?, You Can't Do That on Television again.

I've never seen them but it would be neat to see Hey Dude and Pete & Pete i've heard they were good.

I wish YTV would have a clasic month one day.
Old 06-02-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just FYI... they played the Music episode of YCDTOTV, same one they played for the 20th birthday celebration.
Old 06-02-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How about the Tomorrow People? I loved that show.
Eureeka was a favorite too. Pete and Pete were the ultimate, I have most of the episodes recorded, the show has held up amazingly. In the early episodes the prepubescent Little Pete can be a bit annoying, though, especially on the one where he finds his song. My ears can't stand the singing.
Old 06-04-04, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I see the current poll is between Hey Dude, All That and My Brother & Me... With any luck, it will be nice to enjoy the first episode of Hey Dude I've seen in nine or ten years tomorrow.
Old 06-04-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope Hey Dude wins. If All That wins it better truly be a "classic" episode of it with the original cast.
Old 06-04-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My brother & me- One of the lamest shows Nick has ever shown. Why is it on the list?
Goo, Alfie, DeeDee....Friggin' dweebs.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.