DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Miss Universe, 6/1, 9 pm on NBC (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/367357-miss-universe-6-1-9-pm-nbc.html)

Red Dog 06-01-04 02:55 PM

Miss Universe, 6/1, 9 pm on NBC

Brutha Kwame fired again. :lol:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/

Donald Trump has once again dropped the F-bomb (as in fired, folks) on Apprentice ladies man Kwame Jackson. The Harvard grad — who was slated to judge tonight's Miss Universe pageant in Quito, Ecuador — was removed from the panel after he was caught mingling with some of the contestants at the official delegate hotel. (Trump owns the Miss Universe contest.) Jackson insists he "had no idea that [the hotel] was off-limits to judges." Um, wasn't Omarosa supposed to tell him?

Anyhow, enjoy the pagent tonight.

Here is something to wet the appetite - photos of the contestants in the preliminary swimsuit competition:

http://www.globalbeauties.com/univer...s/prelimss.htm

Patman 06-01-04 03:05 PM

Just going by the swimsuits, me like:

Australia
Estonia
Norway
Paraguay
USA

Red Dog 06-01-04 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Just going by the swimsuits, me like:

Australia
Estonia
Norway
Paraguay
USA

I really like Norway and Paraguay as well. Norway sticks out simply because she was the only blonde that I liked (US is okay - compared to the others).

I also like:
Chile
Curacao
Greece
Puerto Rico

Just by the picture (and the head shot when you click), Ukraine might be my favorite. She has a gorgeous face.

Patman 06-01-04 03:14 PM

Chile and Puerto Rico also caught my eye. PR reminded me of Charisma Carpenter in her swimsuit photo.

B.A. 06-01-04 05:20 PM

I like:

Norway (of course)
Czech Republic
Peru
Paraguay
Costa Rica
Australia (wow!)
Panama
France
and the local girl - U.S.A.

I think I only picked two blondes - that doesn't happen too often.

There are a few others that caught my eye, but those are my favorites - particularly Norway, Australia and Paraquay.

Amel 06-01-04 05:47 PM

Well, going just by my very quick look at the swimsuit pics (I didn't click on any), it's easier to point out the chicks that don't look too good to me:
Croatia
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Estonia
Norway
Panama
USA
Venezuela

Miss Singapore really grabbed my attention. So did Vietnam, Switzerland, and Aruba.

Exzavier00 06-01-04 06:19 PM

Malyasia is fat

Red Dog 06-01-04 06:27 PM

Originally posted by Amel
Well, going just by my very quick look at the swimsuit pics (I didn't click on any), it's easier to point out the chicks that don't look too good to me:
Croatia
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Estonia
Norway
Panama
USA
Venezuela

Norway, eh? Not into blondes I suppose. Frankly, blondes are not my type either but she looked pretty damn good to me.

Interesting you said Venezuela. Venezuela is like the NY Yankees of Miss Universe. That website said that Miss Venezuela has placed (made the top-5 finals) every year since the early 1980s. The current Miss Venezuela doesn't look that great, which given the reputation, is quite surprising.

Red Dog 06-01-04 09:14 PM

The national costumes are always a hoot. I love Miss USA's - I have no clue what it had to do with the USA, but it would make for a great stripper outfit. :lol:

Red Dog 06-01-04 09:25 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
I really like Norway and Paraguay as well. Norway sticks out simply because she was the only blonde that I liked (US is okay - compared to the others).

I also like:
Chile
Curacao
Greece
Puerto Rico

Just by the picture (and the head shot when you click), Ukraine might be my favorite. She has a gorgeous face.

Well, 4 of these made the final-15: Norway, Paraguay, Chile, and P.R.. Ukraine didn't look as good as she did in that picture. Jamaica looks pretty good too.

Miss Paraguay is definitely my favorite.

Shilex 06-01-04 09:27 PM

Australia! I'm at a loss for words. I'm moving to Australia. :)

B.A. 06-01-04 09:27 PM

My wife just watched the swimsuit finals and Norway wasn't there. But Paraguay, Australia and the USA were. Paraguay is my fav followed by the other two.

Red Dog 06-01-04 09:28 PM

Great googly moogly - I think Gloria Estefan needs to dance a few more congas because she looks as big as a house. -eek-

Red Dog 06-01-04 09:32 PM

Come on Miss USA - you need an evening gown that shows some more leg.

B.A. 06-01-04 09:33 PM

Come on Miss USA - you need an evening gown that shows some more leg.
Yes, she does - she's one of the few that has really nice legs.

Red Dog 06-01-04 09:38 PM

Okay, of the final 10, I rank the top-5:

Paraguay :drool:
Puerto Rico
Jamaica
Colombia
USA

B.A. 06-01-04 09:40 PM

I can't complain about four of the final five - Paraguay (is a lock, imo), Australia, USA and Puerto Rico. Trinidad and Tobago does nothing for me.

RoyalTea 06-01-04 09:44 PM

miss usa should have just smiled and not even answered the question.

B.A. 06-01-04 09:45 PM

After the questions, I definitely think Paraguay is a lock.

B.A. 06-01-04 09:46 PM

Originally posted by RoyalTea
miss usa should have just smiled and not even answered the question.
No - that is what Trinidad and Tobago should have done.

B.A. 06-01-04 09:51 PM

USA and Trinidad had some boring dresses - they should have taken some hints from the other three finalists.

Red Dog 06-01-04 09:53 PM

Okay, of the final 10, I rank the top-5:

Paraguay :drool:
Puerto Rico
Jamaica
Colombia
USA

Ranking the actual top-5

Paraguay
Puerto Rico
USA - she really came through in the swimsuit competition

the last 2, Australia (who I do not think is attractive) and Trinidad, I don't care for.

Red Dog 06-01-04 10:00 PM

These judges are ****ing idiots.

B.A. 06-01-04 10:05 PM

These judges are ****ing idiots.
Yes, they are. Though Australia was my second fave - Paraguay was clearly the best one out of the whole group.

Australia sort of reminds me of Marissa Miller (SI Swimsuit Issue and Victoria's Secret), but she has an awkward smile.

I thought it should have been:

Paraguay
Australia
Puerto Rico
USA
Trini./Tobago

Red Dog 06-01-04 10:09 PM

Originally posted by B.A.
Yes, they are. Though Australia was my second fave - Paraguay was clearly the best one out of the whole group.

Australia sort of reminds me of Marissa Miller (SI Swimsuit Issue and Victoria's Secret), but she has an awkward smile.

I thought it should have been:

Paraguay
Australia
Puerto Rico
USA
Trini./Tobago

Not only did Paraguay not win, but they placed her 4th? :hscratch: She even answered her question quite well - at least compared to the other lame answers.

Australia just didn't do anything for me. I don't like that hairstyle - go straight, plus with blondes, I prefer a blonde like USA to a dirty blonde. Her body was very nice but not as good as the other finalists. Her face was nothing special IMO.