Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Did anyone watch Queer as Folk last week? (5/23/04)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-30-04, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sadly without Showtime at the moment, and I have been getting tapes of this seasons episodes from friends and family who have Showtime. The last episode that was taped for me ended up being a tape of the wrong channel. This is the first episode I have ever missed I was hoping someone who watches the show could give me a detailed summary of what happened on last weeks show (5/23/04) so I will know what happened before I get to watch this weeks show.
Old 05-30-04, 08:08 PM

A lot happened last week.

Debbie tried to make up with Vic but they ended up getting into an even bigger fight, with Vic accusing her of being controlling like their mother and Debbie essentially telling him that he owed her big time, since she put her life on hold to care for him when he was sick. He got sick of the guilt trip and told her off and she left and told him she never wanted to see him again. So she packed up the rest of his stuff and sent it over with Michael and Emmet. They are shocked to find Vic in his chair, dead. Michael breaks the news to Debbie, who is stunned, not just at losing her brother but she obviously feels awful about her last words to him.

The gang all gathers at Debbie's house to mourn Vic. Brian points out that Vic knew that all the years he had since he got better were "gravy" and that everyone should be happy he lived as long as he did. Debbie got pissed and slapped Brian and threw him out of her house.

There's a new guy in Pittsburgh and Brian and Justin spot him at Babylon, checking them both out. They decide to make a bet over who can have him first. If Justin wins, Brian has to take Justin on an all-expenses paid trip to Ibiza. If Brian wins, Justin has to go back to college. They spend the whole episode trying to outdo each other, but Vic's death causes Justin to rush over to Debbie's. after Brian is kicked out of Debbie's, he ends up hooking up with the new guy at Babylon. After the new guy gets done going down on Brian, Brian loses interest. The guy is complimenting Brian on his schlong, etc. and he tries to give Brian his card. Brian brushes him off, saying "I don't do encores." The guy says "You don't understand, I'm a doctor." Brian continues to blow him off and the guy says "It' s just that you have a lump in your testicle and you should get it taken care of right away." Brian is visibly shaken and walks away with a scared look on his face. That's how it ended.

Last edited by Jadzia; 05-30-04 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-31-04, 12:23 AM

It sounds like this was the worst possible episode to miss! Thank you very much Jadzia for letting me know what happened!
Old 05-31-04, 01:37 PM

a great episode,if you have on demand,they replay it the next day.this is the only season I have ever watch of it and it blows most shows away.this,shield,24,sopranos,deadwood and soulfood are my must see tv.