Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Outer Limits: "The Vaccine"- Really good episode!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-30-04, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just watched this episode of the newer Outer limits show. This episode aired back in 1998. I must say, it was actually kinda creepy! I wish I had taped it. Anyone know if this episode is on DVD, or when it might re-air? Here is the synopsis from SciFi's website (although it didn't air on sciFi when I saw it, it was a local station):
========================
EPISODE 411: THE VACCINE
Directed by: Neill Fearnley
Written by: Brad Wright

It has been three months since the doomsday cult unleashed the genetically engineered Berlin C virus, and today most of the world is dead or dying. Among the living are a group of hospital patients and their nurse, Marie Alexander (MARIA CONCHITA ALONSO), who have survived because they were already under quarantine when the virus struck.

They are running out of food and fuel when a soldier arrives with a new vaccine from the Center for Disease Control. But, there's only enough for three doses and it will take three days for the vaccine culture to develop enough to be effective. It falls to Marie to maintain order until the vaccine is ready, and to decide who will get injected.

Katz (JAY BRAZEAU), a good-humored old man dying of terminal cancer knows he won't get the vaccine. But, will it go to Harry (LANE GATES), the sweet-tempered eight-year-old. Or to Graham (BRENT FRASER), the 18-year-old with a chip on his shoulder? To Barb (MEGAN LEITCH) or Kirk? To Jean or Lawrence?

Or will it come down to a return to the law of the jungle, survival of the fittest?

(Original Airdate: April 3, 1998)

STARRING
Starring: Maria Conchita Alonso (Marie Alexander), Jay Brazeau (Bernard Katz), Lane Gates (Harry Andrews), Megan Leitch (Barb), Brent Fraser (Graham), Michael Buie (Private John Stanhope), Jason Gaffney (Kirk), Laurie Murdoch (Lawrence), Joanna Piros (News Anchor), Claire Riley (Dr. Egan), Benjamin B. Smith (Max), Joy Coghill (Character Name TK), Biski Gugushe (Character Name TK), Eric Keenleyside (Character Name TK)
Old 05-30-04, 02:05 PM

The epsiode is pretty good. But the music
score for this episode is way cooler.
Old 05-31-04, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

bump