DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Poll: Which Jack is badder? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/366274-poll-jack-badder.html)

Dr. Rosenrosen 05-26-04 09:08 AM

Poll: Which Jack is badder?

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but yesterday's 24 thread finally pushed me to do it. Hope this isn't a repost (nothing came up on a search).

Three seasons of 24 and Alias are done. With all the drama, the tension, the cliffhangers, one question reigns supreme: Which Jack B. is the bigger bad@ss?

Jack Bauer:
  • CTU agent
  • Killed his own boss
  • Dead wife
  • One daughter: hot
  • Resurrected
  • LIKES TO YELL
Jack Bristow:
  • CIA agent
  • Wants to kill his old boss
  • Wife alive, but MIA
  • One daughter (?): super-hot
  • Not resurrected
  • Likes to whisper

My vote is for Jack Bristow. Despite the big ears, he's a mean mofo with a private stash of weapons Jack Bauer would kill to have. Jack Bauer is a bit too duty bound, while Jack Bristow would just as soon slit your throat as say hello. Your thoughts?

Groucho 05-26-04 09:22 AM

Jack Tripper is not an option? SHAME ON YOU.

Anyway, back on topic, both of these guys are bushleague p*ssies compared to VIC MACKEY.

das Monkey 05-26-04 09:22 AM

Don't forget they've both undergone near-death (or death, depending how you look at it) torture.

Tough call. Bauer has the advantage of superhero recovery time. He can die in one hour and be an ass-kicking machine a few hours later. Plus, we <i>don't know what he's capable of</i>!!! He is, however, hindered by a duty to his country and doing the "right thing." Bristow does whatever the hell he wants to anyone he wants. Everyone goes crazy when Bauer does something off protocol, but Bristow seemingly has limitless resources, and rarely does anyone ask him where he's going or what he's doing. We know he loves his daughter, but he still doesn't "show" it. Bauer can be a real crybaby sometimes, but Bristow is a machine. Then again, Bauer is really loud. That's worth some points. He shouts everything. WE DON'T HAVE TIME!! YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO TRUST ME!!! That would be good for crowd control situations.

If I wanted someone on my "team" I guess I'd take Bauer, since he's not likely to be a quadruple agent and reveal 5 years later that everything was a lie, including that time 2 years before that he told me everything was a lie.

If I want revenge, though, I'll go with Bristow. He'd drag it out and make it nice and painful.

das

Geofferson 05-26-04 09:34 AM

Bristow.

Jack Bauer is a cry-baby. ;)

Chew 05-26-04 09:37 AM

After last night, I'll go with Bristow. ;)

MrX 05-26-04 09:45 AM

Bristow.

Him getting rid of Haladki in season 1 is one my favorite moments of the show.

Dr. Rosenrosen 05-26-04 09:46 AM

But maybe Jack Bristow would finally get that closure he'd need if he'd just leak a few tears.

Made some edits to the comparison board.

morpheus3715 05-26-04 10:08 AM

Bristow, only because his daughter is hotter and he wouldnt flinch to slit your throat if you even had a thought of doing her wrong. Bauer would hesitate and think and whine about what you did

B.A. 05-26-04 10:12 AM

Jack Bristow - in addition to all of the qualities mentioned above, he has his own personal radar.

Jadzia 05-26-04 10:16 AM

Jack Bristow.

He is such a bad-ass, I no longer look at Victor Garber and think "Sorry I didn't build you a better boat, Rose."

B.A. 05-26-04 10:24 AM

And Jadzia brings up another good point. :up:

edstein 05-26-04 10:42 AM

I don't watch Alias so, I have to go with Bauer.

Shannon Nutt 05-26-04 11:07 AM

It takes Bristow a whole year to be a badass...Bauer can do it in 24 hours flat! I vote for Jack Bauer!!!

Quatermass 05-26-04 11:10 AM

I would have said Bristow until I saw this:

http://www.dearsally.org/alias/image...sidekick02.jpg

From Godspell, 1973

PacMan2006 05-26-04 11:23 AM

I don't get it. What's the big deal about the crying. It showed his current emotional state, it doesn't mean he's a punk 24/7. Vic Mackey cried on the floor when wife left him in season 1, yet people are all over his jock.

Kal-El 05-26-04 12:51 PM

Where's the "they're both equally bad" option?

But gun to my head, Bristow.

ChrisHicks 05-26-04 01:07 PM

Bauer all the way!!! it takes a real badass to have Kim as a daughter and not to think of constant suicide.

movieking 05-26-04 01:16 PM

Bristow all the way. He feels nothing. He kills people without hesistation. He bred his freakin' daughter to be a spy for freaks sake! Jack only got his daughter a desk job at CTU. Not even close in my opinion.

Also, Bristow would have blown Saunders daughter away, or at the very least, contaminated her with a deadly disease.

Red Dog 05-26-04 01:24 PM

I say Jack McCoy

boredsilly 05-26-04 06:09 PM

Bristow all day long.

Jackskeleton 05-26-04 07:53 PM

Jack Bauer. The man is a machine for 24 hours and not one complaint. he be the man.

Tscott 05-26-04 08:17 PM

Jack Bauer is badder... er, I mean worse. :p

Bristow all the way.

dcprules 05-26-04 09:15 PM

I'm going with Jack Bauer. He's just the man, hands down. You don't mess with Bauer (well, unless you want to die).

Doughboy 05-27-04 12:33 AM

I'll go with Jack Bauer. Two reasons:

1) "I'm gonna need a hacksaw."

2) Alias Season 3 sucked.

That being said, very few things make me laugh as much as seeing Jack Bristow's stonefaced reaction to Marshall cracking jokes.

DarkestPhoenix 05-27-04 12:41 AM

I can't believe there's so much Bristow love and then he ends up losing the poll.

Whatta crap-o poll.

Speaking of polls, Bauer sucks one.