Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Sopranos: "Long Term Parking" 5/23/04

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GuitarPik
I have to disagree. I just watched it again. Her face when he stops the car and gets out gives it away that she had no idea what was coming.

She was "daydreaming" about leaving herself not because she knew she was about to die, but because she was obviously going to be in a lot of trouble once they got to the hospital. I can't really explain myself right now, but I hope you get what I mean.
That is exactly how I took it to be. She still thought Christopher was in the hospital but by going there she lost her chance at ever getting away from the threat of being exposed as a snitch.
Old 05-24-04, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
First of all, I would like to congratulate the show for keeping Ade's fate relatively under wraps. Sure, we all figured she was gone at some point, but the fact that this didn't get leaked all over the internet and entertainment media in general beforehand is a testament to the producers and everyone else involved.

Secondly, about Tony deciding not to give up Tony B. If I understood it right, he was ready to do it until Johnny wouldn't agree to any of Tony's conditions. If he really wanted to take care of it himself, why didn't he just do it before he talked to Johnny and serve up Tony B's head on a platter so to speak? Seems like this whole war that's brewing could have been prevented by that. Of course, Johnny probably have been pissed that it wasn't done on his terms, but he wouldn't have really been able to say anything.

Still, by far the best episode this season, and probably in a couple of seasons.
Old 05-24-04, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Hey, you guys should've known Ade was dead when you saw Tony make the call from a payphone. Not his home or office phone. Or his cell phone.

A call from a payphone that couldn't be traced back to him when she came up missing.

When I saw that she was in a car with Sylvio, then I figured she was a goner unless 1) she had a gun with her and took out Sylvio first, or 2) they were being tailed by the feds.
Old 05-24-04, 02:11 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

In my opinion, with the exclusion of the dream episode, I can't imagine how this season could be an better. It has been a true joy for me watching the best 60 minutes of TV a week, on HBO on Sundays... My Sunday nights will once again be empty aftetr two weeks.

As much as I loved Ade's demise and Tony reconciling with Carm, I'm much more intrigued by the upcoming war. Two great friends are going to have to lead their armies into battle for the sole purpose of destroying everything that matters to the other person. Even Homer never told one this good...
Old 05-24-04, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Chris will turn on Tony and join Sack...

-Chris has now lost the woman he loves for the Family.
-Tony S. has decided that Tony B.'s life is above EVERYONE elses. Meaning that Tony S. is willing to wage a war for Tony B.'s life.
-Chris really has no reason to live any more.
-Tony treats Chris like shit.

Chris will end up killing Tony in the end.

This past episode was very sad though. We saw the first person we've grown to care for over the past five seasons fall. Ade was the first of many...not just the soldiers...but family in the other sense of the word.
Old 05-24-04, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by uteotw

Was there anyone who thought Christopher actually HAD tried to kill himself? I know I sure didn't...

Absolutely tremendous.
nope..i knew she was dead the minute she got the call form Tony
Old 05-24-04, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by SirPablo
Chris will end up killing Tony in the end.
I have thought this is how it will end, too, unless Chris gets whacked in the next couple of eps - if not, he will be the last man standing.
Old 05-24-04, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris will kill johnny sack just to honor his family.

Tony B will fall to the hand of Godzilla

Tony S will explode because of the funky food
Old 05-24-04, 08:06 AM

Haha, I wish he would explode. Great freaking epsiode!
Old 05-24-04, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I think if Chris doesn't fall in two weeks, he could very well be the last one standing.
Old 05-24-04, 08:29 AM

More predictions....

I disagree with you, SirPablo-

I think that Tony S will be whacked, but I think Johnny Sack will be the one to kill him. They've been building up too much tension between the two over this season.

I like Dr. DVD's take on Chris being the last man standing, especially since he was so close to being killed when Tony & Ade had their car accident. Michael Imperioli also deserves an emmy nod for this episode- from his rants about Tony to the look of horror on his face when Ade said "FBI." Great acting!!

This season has been up and down for me. I loved the first three episodes, then I felt it went downhill and boring until this week's! From what I'd read, David Chase requested an additional season of the Sopranos (this was supposed to be the fifth and final season) because he couldn't tie all of the "loose ends" into this season. Then he has an entire episode dedicated to Carmella's affair with AJ's teacher...and 45 minutes of a dream that could have been summed up in 10 minutes?! Thanks to last night's ep, I'm hooked once again! Can't wait until the finale!!!
Old 05-24-04, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I think she realized it when she started to see the forest, and I also think that Sil was more or less toying around with her talking about Chris once they got into the area.

Yep.

I don't think Christopher made up his mind until he saw what "could have been".
I agree. He figured that being in the position he is in with Tony is the 'lesser of 2 evils.'
Old 05-24-04, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
I agree. He figured that being in the position he is in with Tony is the 'lesser of 2 evils.'
Probably so. If you remember the episode "College" where young Christopher helped Tony when Tony came across a "traitor" from long ago, to them it was like the guy turned yesterday. They hunted him down, Tony willing to go to any lengths even with Meadow along, and then he strangled the guy to death.

Christopher KNEW if he left he'd forever be looking over his shoulder, only to one day find Tony there with a fiber wire...
Old 05-24-04, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant see Tony S falling to anyone...... i truly think Sack will go down..... but at the hand of Chris..... Chris will go do protecting Tony S.

He will show honor and not Dishonor
Old 05-24-04, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, a great episode ..... but I don't think it would have had the same impact if we hadn't had the steady, slowly-paced buildup that seems to have turned off some people here. I don't look at this as a string of stand-alone episodes, it's an arc that is telling a complex story with multi-faceted characters - and doing it with brilliance.
Old 05-24-04, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I knew Adriana was dead from the second Chris said "Im going to get some air" (Even though Im not sure Chris knew yet)
Old 05-24-04, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by Bust
I don't think Christopher made up his mind until he saw what "could have been".
I think Adriana couldn't have kids, so I did figure she was a goner after the gas station scene, but more because she wasn't ever going to provide him with a family (so she was expendable) not Christopher thinking that was his future.

Then I got sucked in, and thought he really had tried to kill himself; I didn't realize what was going to happen until they turned off the road.

Last edited by Ginwen; 05-24-04 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-24-04, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally posted by TabascoKid
Best of the season, by far. Clearly the bright spot in what has been, in my opinion, a lackluster season.

TK
Meh.

It was an entertaining episode, no doubt - but it had none of the depth and insight of a really good episode.
Old 05-24-04, 09:54 AM

Chris thought about flipping

First off if Drea De Mateo doesnt get nominated for an Emmy then the Emmys are all messed up and they dont have a clue about who they should nominate.

Agree?

Chris loved Adriana. To me he really considered flipping, because if he didnt then why did he stop choking her?

I think the deciding event that caused Chris to tell Tony was when he was at the gas station and he saw the trailer park family and thought to himself this wasnt the life he wanted to live.

Agree?
Old 05-24-04, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by Bust
Nice how the last we saw of Chris this episode was Tony kicking the shit out of him.
I didn't understand that at all. Christopher shows his loyalty to Tony and then T kicks the crap out of him.

After Christopher Choked her he said "I loved you" which made me think he was gonna tell Tony.

Also this thing with Johnny is ticking me off even though he is a boss now, he shoud still show Tony some respect. Tony should call little Carmine and get some of his crew.

Where's Uncle Junior been ?
Old 05-24-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tony still has impulsive anger management issues.
Old 05-24-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I only thought Chris tried to committ suicide for a split second, and then I realized something was going to happen to Ade - especially since Sylvio was coming to pick her up. I honestly thought she had figured that out and fled on her own, but then they cut to Syl and her in the car. She might have known something was wrong, but I don't think she expected to die until Syl pulled into the woods.

I think Tony was pissed off at Chris because he gave him so much responsibility and he continually messes up. IMO, Chris will show Tony his true loyalty by offing Johnny.

This episode was great, I was waiting for a few of these storylines to finally come together.
Old 05-24-04, 10:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Great Episode! Back on track after last week's debacle. It's been a pretty good season and the finale should be exciting.

Chris will turn on Tony and join Sack...
I disagree... the fact he went to him about Adriana shows his loyalty (perhaps naivete) to Tony S. He had other options, but he chose to confide in Tony S.

Kind of off topic... maybe it's been like this for a while, but it seems they dropped the "shot" from shotgun shine in the opening song. I just noticed last night - has anyone else noticed this? It just says "you've got that gun shine" now??
Old 05-24-04, 10:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Where's Uncle Junior been ?
It was nice to see him in the preview for next episode. Tony seemed to be asking advice or venting about the situation.
Old 05-24-04, 10:21 AM

Oh yeah, did anyone notice that Tony Saragusa was in that episode. When Tony had a sit down with Johnny toward the beginning he was one of the body gaurds in the background. His name was in the credits too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.