Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Now that TV season is coming to an end...will re-runs start right away?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-20-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, do they usually re-run in order? I'm curious about Cold Case, Without A Trace, Joan of Arcadia, Malcolm in the Middle. Thanks.
Old 05-20-04, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
If it's NOT a reality show [or doesn't begin with Law & Order], I think you're pretty much SOL.
Old 05-21-04, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cold Case and Without a Trace reruns seem to plug CBS's schedule whenever they are needed. In addition, I believe they both should continue airing repeats in their normal time slot. There is no way they will start running them from the first episode this season, and it isn't likely they will always be aired in order if you include episodes aired on other nights.

In regards to Joan of Arcadia: There will be a rerun of "The Uncertainty Principle" next Thursday at 8pm. Then on Friday, another repeat of the episode "Jump" airs. It's likely that the repeats will continue being run in order. That said, you won't see episodes before The Uncertainty Principle repeated for quite some time. For a show like Joan of Arcadia, where there is a continuing storyline, that might not be what you wanted to hear.

And Malcolm in the Middle will continue airing during Fox's "New Summer Season". Chances are they will be run in order, although Fox is not likely to begin airing the beginning of the season again. They might, but don't count on it.
Old 05-21-04, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Myself and a friend are really hoping ALIAS reruns this summer. We're new to the series and still need to watch season 3. But given recent news i'm not holding my breath for summer reruns. It'll probably end up being Extreme Makeover BS all summer.

I really don't want to wait until September to catch up.
Old 05-21-04, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alias isn't airing new episodes until January next season.
Old 05-21-04, 08:45 AM

Reruns are being slowly hunted to extinction. The networks have pretty busy lineups of new programming for the summer.
Old 05-21-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Only stand-alone shows (comedies, CSI, L&O, W/o a Trace, etc) get re-run nowadays and probably in no particular order. Also, with FOX rolling out a lot of new programming this summer, you probably won't see many reruns of their shows.
Old 05-21-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by scott27
Alias isn't airing new episodes until January next season.
I know. When i said September i was referring to the Season 3 DVD set.