Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 5/18 (watch out for radio station spoilers!)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 5/18 (watch out for radio station spoilers!)

Old 05-19-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts
Why isn't Michelle being quarantined?

Even if she's immune to the virus, she MUST still be considered a carrier.
Old 05-19-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts
Great episode. Didn't expect Sherry to get blown away like that (with that Old West 6-shooter). Funny Wayne didn't even think of checking on her. Also too bad Wayne didn't still have his gloves on...

PLEASE don't move the show to Mondays OR wait until January. SEVEN MONTHS between seasons is just ridiculous...
Old 05-19-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boot

True, but...THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE!!!
Dammit, Boot. You're just going to have to TRUST ME!! I know what I'm doing!!

das
Old 05-19-04, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by uteotw
PLEASE don't move the show to Mondays OR wait until January. SEVEN MONTHS between seasons is just ridiculous...
If they do move it to Mondays, they BETTER wait until January to start the season. Otherwise, it creates a confilct with Monday Night Football.
Old 05-19-04, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by uteotw

you all must not watch the sopranos.
Old 05-19-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts
I actually like the idea of 24 starting in January and running through a season without missing any weeks. Unless you all forget, every year 24 takes a huge nose dive in ratings because it disappears for like six or seven weeks in the middle of a season...then it takes the rest of the year to get the ratings back up to where they were at the beginning of the year.

Mondays at 9pm are also cool...once again, assuming they wait until MNF is over. Then again, if Season 4 doesn't air until January, Season 3 will probably be delayed on DVD until December!
Old 05-19-04, 12:26 PM

One other question: did they hire the actor to play Saunders's daugher solely to make Kim look like a decent actor in comparison?
Old 05-19-04, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
At 11:00:01, a two seconds later mind you, fire crews already were on the scene and had half the blaze out! That has to be the best fire department in the country.
Okay, the time is a little goofy, but any planning for high risk incidents (like a gun fight) always incorporates Emergency personnel. They were waiting in the wings. *wink wink*

Which is why a Fire Team can show up quickly... along with the assorted paramedics and cops we see in the first few moments.
Old 05-19-04, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by FrankTheTank
Looks like Fox might do the same thing ABC is doing to Alias. I just got this from tvguide.com:

A NEW HOUR: It looks like Jack Bauer is about to get a much-needed break. Fox, which announces its fall sked tomorrow, may follow ABC's lead with Alias and delay the launch of 24's fourth season until January, Variety reports. What's more, the network is toying with the idea of moving the real-time thriller from Tuesday to Monday to make room for the new medical drama House. Fox may also shift The O.C. to Thursdays at 8 pm opposite CBS's Survivor and NBC's Joey/Will & Grace combo. The network's logic here is pretty straightforward: Short of bringing Oliver back, this was simply the fastest way to kill the show.

Bastards!
That just doesn't make much sense to me - if it started Jan 3rd it would have to run through June 13th, uninterrupted, to get in the full 24 episodes.

What, is it going to be 20 next year???
Old 05-19-04, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
you all must not watch the sopranos.
I'd kill for Sopranos to just be seven months apart...
Old 05-19-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
One other question: did they hire the actor to play Saunders's daugher solely to make Kim look like a decent actor in comparison?
Wasn't that what Chloe was hired for?
Old 05-19-04, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Vonner
If they do move it to Mondays, they BETTER wait until January to start the season. Otherwise, it creates a confilct with Monday Night Football.
Yes, it would be a terrible idea to put this show up against MNF. You are catering to that same male 16-35 age group with both programs.

I'm not so down on it starting in January. It already gets pushed back to November because of the World Series. I'd also prefer it if we could see all 24 episodes in consecutive weeks, without these stupid monthlong breaks for reruns of The Swan. Although I'm sure that has more to do with the filming schedule.
Old 05-19-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 246 Posts
Richard Walsh
George Mason
Ryan Chappelle
Brad Hammond

Last edited by kenbuzz; 05-19-04 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-19-04, 04:37 PM

kenbuzz, how about Tony Almeida. He was the acting head of CTU when Ryan went down and now he's potenially facing the death penalty.
Old 05-19-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by FrankTheTank
Looks like Fox might do the same thing ABC is doing to Alias. I just got this from tvguide.com:

A NEW HOUR: It looks like Jack Bauer is about to get a much-needed break. Fox, which announces its fall sked tomorrow, may follow ABC's lead with Alias and delay the launch of 24's fourth season until January, Variety reports. What's more, the network is toying with the idea of moving the real-time thriller from Tuesday to Monday to make room for the new medical drama House. Fox may also shift The O.C. to Thursdays at 8 pm opposite CBS's Survivor and NBC's Joey/Will & Grace combo. The network's logic here is pretty straightforward: Short of bringing Oliver back, this was simply the fastest way to kill the show.

Bastards!
You left out quite a bit there. Here's the actual TV Guide story:

A NEW HOUR:It looks like Jack Bauer is about to get a much-needed break. Fox, which announces its fall schedule tomorrow, may follow ABC's lead with Alias and delay the launch of 24's fourth season until January, Variety reports.

In order to make ends meet, Keifer Sutherland has accepted an offer by The Dubba Dubba Dubya Bee to be the host of their game show Gajillionaire. FOX officials explained that this will allow Keifer to remain in character and help promote 24, as Gajillionaire is much like ABC's popular game show Millionaire. Contestants will only have 25 seconds until Keifer will scream his catch phrase in their ear, "YOU'RE OUT OF TIME!" The WB believes this will add a new exciting touch to the popular format.
Old 05-19-04, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Roto
You left out quite a bit there. Here's the actual TV Guide story:

A NEW HOUR:It looks like Jack Bauer is about to get a much-needed break. Fox, which announces its fall schedule tomorrow, may follow ABC's lead with Alias and delay the launch of 24's fourth season until January, Variety reports.

In order to make ends meet, Keifer Sutherland has accepted an offer by The Dubba Dubba Dubya Bee to be the host of their game show Gajillionaire. FOX officials explained that this will allow Keifer to remain in character and help promote 24, as Gajillionaire is much like ABC's popular game show Millionaire. Contestants will only have 25 seconds until Keifer will scream his catch phrase in their ear, "YOU'RE OUT OF TIME!" The WB believes this will add a new exciting touch to the popular format.

Brilliant!
Old 05-19-04, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,376 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally posted by Meteu185
That just doesn't make much sense to me - if it started Jan 3rd it would have to run through June 13th, uninterrupted, to get in the full 24 episodes.

What, is it going to be 20 next year???
And you aren't even including times where there are other things going on on TV (March Madness comes to mind) when alot of stuff gets preempted.
Old 05-19-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
And you aren't even including times where there are other things going on on TV (March Madness comes to mind) when alot of stuff gets preempted.
actually the tournament doesn't air on monday, except for the final game of the season
Old 05-19-04, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
actually the tournament doesn't air on monday, except for the final game of the season
That, and it's aired on CBS, not FOX.
Old 05-19-04, 10:37 PM

Was Elisha Cuthbert in this episode at all?
Old 05-19-04, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just barely. Just one shot of her (I think).
Old 05-19-04, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm more interested to see how season 4 starts now than I was with season 3. It will be pretty ridiculous if David Palmer is still president given all the scandal surrounding him, even if it's not directly linked to him (two murders, one suicide, and a questionable death, all having connections to him (having directly ordering the execution of Dave Chappelle); a strangely-timed meeting with his ex-wife just prior to her death; his brother and personal advisor having former connections to Julia Miliken, involved in three of the deaths; etc., etc., etc. Hell, someone probably would have seen Wayne leaving the residence covered in blood after the gunshots.).
Old 05-19-04, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 925 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally posted by Roto
Contestants will only have 25 seconds until Keifer will scream his catch phrase in their ear, "YOU'RE OUT OF TIME!"
But you forgot to convert that to 24's timeline. Contestants will only have 4 seconds to respond. You're just gonna have to trust me.
Old 05-20-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Breakfast with Girls: I agree. I am rooting for Keeler to win the race.
Old 05-20-04, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
I'm more interested to see how season 4 starts now than I was with season 3. It will be pretty ridiculous if David Palmer is still president given all the scandal surrounding him, even if it's not directly linked to him (two murders, one suicide, and a questionable death, all having connections to him (having directly ordering the execution of Dave Chappelle); a strangely-timed meeting with his ex-wife just prior to her death; his brother and personal advisor having former connections to Julia Miliken, involved in three of the deaths; etc., etc., etc. Hell, someone probably would have seen Wayne leaving the residence covered in blood after the gunshots.).
You may be right, Sherry becomes the femme fetale we always knew her to be. Prehaps it is time for another president.

But, let me play devil's advocate.

If the president goes down, Sherry goes down. She has no chance (if she ever did) of "being at the table" in the other guy's presidency after this scandal. Zero.

Her only leverage was that Palmer would blink, which he did. But now the worse thing just happened to her. Palmer's decision just got taken out of his hand. At this point it is a lose/lose proposition for Sherry.

Sherry will put it together. She needs to lie to protect the president thus protecting her own a$$. If she doesn't lie, she doesn't get what she wants and she goes to jail.

She loses but lives to fight another day (sadly).

If she fights David, Wayne takes the fall for David. David then moves on to his fourth presidential advisor (Sherry really was the first, old white guy and then Wayne). After the election, Wayne gets the ol' presidential pardon. Sherry still loses as David is the presidential hero that saved millions from dying.

As far as Chappelle goes. This is pure spin. David Chappelle gave his life so that millions could keep living. He is a hero. Murdered? No more than thousands of American soldiers were sent off to be murdered storming the beaches of Normandy. David was a trained field agent who gave his life for his country.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.