Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 5/18 (watch out for radio station spoilers!)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 5/18 (watch out for radio station spoilers!)

Old 05-18-04, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by LBCrazyFool
Was anybody else laughing when they brought Tony back to CTU and zoomed in on Chloe's face... That expression!
Yes! It looked like the expression on a five-year-old when he finds out his mom made broccoli for dinner.

Good episode overall. I'm glad the president's storyline picked up some steam. I just wonder why Wayne went along with that guy to Sherry's house. And yeah, Saunders gave up a bit easily, but then we all expected it. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap it all up. I'll be happy as long as we don't get another ridiculous cliffhanger.

Last edited by Achtung; 05-18-04 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-19-04, 12:33 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 273 Likes on 207 Posts
meh

Sherri getting shot was the only surprise of the episode.
Old 05-19-04, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I missed some of the episode, but I thought that two people were not going to make it through this episode?

Also, doesn't Palmer still have a girlfriend? He did a couple of hours ago. Has he forgotten about her?
Old 05-19-04, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally posted by johnglass
everything else in this show has been completely and totally realistic

You're kidding, right?!

Anyway, another great hour for 24! Got to love the previews for next week:

Spoiler:
In true Riggs and Murtaugh fashion (see Lethal Weapon 3), Jack and Chase have to difuse a ticking timer on the last vial of the virus. And he cuts the RED wire! It's always the RED wire isn't it?!

Chase: "Hey Jack..."
Jack: "Yeah?"
Chase: "Grab that cat...!!!"
Old 05-19-04, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
Also, doesn't Palmer still have a girlfriend? He did a couple of hours ago. Has he forgotten about her?
The only thing that's worse than nitpickers is nitpickers who don't pay attention too well.
Old 05-19-04, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 925 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally posted by resinrats
OK, the speed that they got from the LA River to the hotel was way too fast. It showed Jack calling on the radio for the helicopter, cut to a 3-5 minute Palmer and then cut to Jack/Saunders arriving at the hotel in a helicopter. There is no way this would be possible. The Hotel would have to be right next to the LA River, which it doesn't look like it is. The choppers would have to land, people walk out to them, get in fly to the hotel and land. Not possible in the 5 minutes the episode described.
Time is becoming less and less of a factor. I noticed that last night as well. But how can you miss the very beginning of the show? At 10:59:59 las week Jack was standing over the body of Saunders next to the freshly blown up helicopter. At 11:00:01, a two seconds later mind you, fire crews already were on the scene and had half the blaze out! That has to be the best fire department in the country.
Old 05-19-04, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by johnglass
I know, I was thinking the same thing! I mean everything else in this show has been completely and totally realistic, why couldn't they show them in real time flying in the chopper to the hotel? It would have made some dramatic television, seeing them fly around the city and all.
Uhh, this show has never been about realism or accuracy. Travel time is never counted in the minutes unless the characters are actually discussing the problem at hand.

Driving, flying, walking, riding... time stands still or moves very slowly in the 24 universe. It has been this way since season 1.

BTW, I think Tony can remove the bandage from his neck wound, I'm sure it is completely healed by now.
Old 05-19-04, 07:18 AM

Pretty sure she's dead.
Evil never dies.

Could be the old "the bullets missed vital organs" trick.

They will find some way to incorporate her in next season either as a character or some type of dream guilt trip with President Palmer.
Old 05-19-04, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I could be wrong, but that looks like sarcasm to me.

das
Old 05-19-04, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts
Wonder if next year's plot will have some sort of twist with the two bad guys being Sherry and Nena? Hey, anything's possible with TV!
Old 05-19-04, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Wonder if next year's plot will have some sort of twist with the two bad guys being Sherry and Nena? Hey, anything's possible with TV!
I'd like to see it. At least the plotlines between Jack and the President will be more closely linked.
Old 05-19-04, 07:51 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 591 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally posted by I.Like.It
BTW, I think Tony can remove the bandage from his neck wound, I'm sure it is completely healed by now.
I was thinking the same thing. He's got to be completely healed, it's been, like, hours since his major vascular surgery.
Old 05-19-04, 07:54 AM

I don't believe this is a spoiler, since it was based upon the spoilers for last night's show:

Sherry is dead. The 'spoilers', as johnglass point out, says "two of these people won't survive the hour."

I think this year has had the best villains (Salazar, Saunders). But I agree with others who think Saunders caved too easily.

A question which I don't know if has been brought up before: in disabling the virus in all the takedowns, why doesn't someone just bring along a 5 gallon jug of water to immerse the vial into?
Old 05-19-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I pretty knew that Sherry had to die to clean up Palmer's dilemna, just didn't think that Julia would be doing the dirty work. Wayne's got some 'splainin to do...

Was it wrong to cheer for Sherry's demise? I did, anyway.

I so wanted Saunders to call Jack's bluff, and then sneer at Jack. Jack would have drawn his weapon and dusted Saunders right then and there.

Then Season 4 would have been kicked off to another day of finding those 11 other "bombs". Of course, no producer would go for that scenario, but it'd be fun.

Tony's in a world of hurt. I'm thinking presidential pardon is going to be his ticket out of the big house.
Old 05-19-04, 08:46 AM

Received 111 Likes on 90 Posts
Decent episode - I can now rest easy knowing that we'll never see Sherry Palmer again.
Old 05-19-04, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
I don't believe this is a spoiler, since it was based upon the spoilers for last night's show:

Sherry is dead. The 'spoilers', as johnglass point out, says "two of these people won't survive the hour."
The spoilers for last night's show also said that Jack was going to kill an "innocent girl" to save millions of lives. Take them with a grain of salt - Sherry's not dead, mark my words.
Old 05-19-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Wouldn't Secret Service have frisked Sherri before meeting with the President? Seems to me the pill bottle on the back would have shown up then......
Old 05-19-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 145 Likes on 100 Posts
Sherry's dead woo hoo! I like her character and since I avoid spoilers I didn't see that coming at all. It would have been interesting to see if the daughter got infected but it's nice to see Jack willing to go that extra mile.
Old 05-19-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

djbrown

Wouldn't Secret Service have frisked Sherri before meeting with the President? Seems to me the pill bottle on the back would have shown up then......
They don't have time!!!

das
Old 05-19-04, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by djbrown
Maybe Jack called ahead and told the secret service that Sherry was okay, and they are just going to have to trust him.
Old 05-19-04, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
IS that the same Secret Service that allowed the president to meet his ex-wife in a public park in the exact city where a plauge was KNOWN to be planned to be released within THE HALF HOUR!
Old 05-19-04, 10:23 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 591 Likes on 338 Posts

Stop it, you nay-sayers! Stop all your...er...nay-saying. THERE ISN'T TIME FOR THIS!
Old 05-19-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by movieking
I missed some of the episode, but I thought that two people were not going to make it through this episode?
You must have missed the END, because both Sherry Palmer and Julia Miliken didn't make it through the episode.... both are dead! SWEETNESS! Another solid episode of 24...and as usual, check your logic at the door and just have a good time enjoying the ride.... next week is going to be wicked.

MATT
Old 05-19-04, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
They don't have time!!!

das
True, but...THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE!!!
Old 05-19-04, 10:47 AM

Looks like Fox might do the same thing ABC is doing to Alias. I just got this from tvguide.com:

A NEW HOUR: It looks like Jack Bauer is about to get a much-needed break. Fox, which announces its fall sked tomorrow, may follow ABC's lead with Alias and delay the launch of 24's fourth season until January, Variety reports. What's more, the network is toying with the idea of moving the real-time thriller from Tuesday to Monday to make room for the new medical drama House. Fox may also shift The O.C. to Thursdays at 8 pm opposite CBS's Survivor and NBC's Joey/Will & Grace combo. The network's logic here is pretty straightforward: Short of bringing Oliver back, this was simply the fastest way to kill the show.

Bastards!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.