DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Practice 5/2/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/361896-practice-5-2-04-a.html)

Patman 05-02-04 10:05 PM

The Practice 5/2/04

And so the show is winding down.

The Jimmy subplot barely registered anything of interest. Total yawner.

Eleanor finally gets in a punch (literally) by the end of the episode as she lets Hannah have it for Hannah's attempt at sandbagging Eleanor with tons of paperwork in the discovery process for a liability case.

Eleanor spooked the hell out of Denny Crane, and he like it.

Sally keeps the pressure on Alan, but somehow Alan finds the will to keep her at bay. Tara finally gets Alan to 'fess up about his feelings towards her.

At Eugene's hearing for the judge's spot, the committee of judges grill Eugene mightily, and Eugene's character comes into question. Then Bobby shows up to set the record straight (he also gets in a few other barbs on the character of public figures). Eugene gets the position while he pays a visit to Bobby. It's one of the few times I can remember seeing Eugene smile and laugh really heartily.

mikehunt 05-02-04 10:10 PM

watching it on tape since I was watching that masterpiece 10.5

Tara to Kirk: "aye aye"
[lol]

MrX 05-02-04 10:14 PM

"That woman scares me"rotfl

I liked the shot of Hannah being taken out of the office by the paramedics in the background as Tara walked past.

They should have just written the outgoing cast out sooner because they've had boring storylines since Alan left.

Bobby's speech-ohbfrank-

mikehunt 05-02-04 10:30 PM

whoa. that rack is distracting

das Monkey 05-03-04 08:47 AM

• MrX •

I liked the shot of Hannah being taken out of the office by the paramedics in the background as Tara walked past.

They should have just written the outgoing cast out sooner because they've had boring storylines since Alan left.

Bobby's speech-ohbfrank-

Agreed on all counts, especially that speech, which is only bested by Eleanor's from a few weeks back in terms of eye-rolling.

I also agree about that rack. It doesn't stop jiggling.

das

Red Dog 05-03-04 09:08 AM

Originally posted by MrX

Bobby's speech-ohbfrank-

Agreed on all counts.

Jadzia 05-03-04 09:09 AM

I wonder how the old cast feels, being made to expediate their own exit every week as this becomes the "James Spader show".

I like the storyline about Eugene becoming a judge (it reminds me of LA LAw when Susan Dey's character became a judge) but I could really care less about the old cast. Seeing Bobby come back was pretty anti-climactic. What's with the beard?

tofu 05-03-04 09:43 AM

They're finally addressing the Alan/Tara relationship and the show is about to end. How do you like that?

Hannah vs Eleanor :lol: It was a nice touch that she flipped the coin.

Patman 05-03-04 01:30 PM

I think Bobby was coming back from being on Survivor 9. :)

Doughboy 05-03-04 02:20 PM

Originally posted by tofu
They're finally addressing the Alan/Tara relationship and the show is about to end. How do you like that?
The Practice is ending, but an Alan Shore spinoff is scheduled for this fall. And Rhona Mitra is among the cast members, so this isn't the last we've seen of those two.

Although honestly, I kinda hope they never do hook up. The foreplay is too much fun.