Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Strangers With Candy...blind buy recommendation?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Strangers With Candy...blind buy recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ScottyWH

I honestly am amazed that so many of you liked it. I have never met anyone in real life who liked it at all.

Agreed. I have a pretty broad sense of humor, but I always HATED this show. I'm surprised so many here liked it.
Old 05-03-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love this show, but I couldn't stand it the first couple of times I watched it. I don't remember what turned me, but I'm sure I was just flipping through one time and caught a good joke. That's all it takes for me. Hell most of the shows I like now, I thought looked like the stupidest stuff ever.

It certainly is a particular show, so it never surprises me when someone says they don't like it. I'm much more surprised when someone tries to tell me about it.

Last edited by Drop; 05-04-04 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't stand this show and always flipped the channel. The humor is really strained and out there
Old 05-03-04, 08:36 PM

Well so far page 2 isn't sounding like a ringing endorsement, so I'd like to say that this is one of my favorite shows of all time. I can't tell you how many times I've seen each episode, but it never gets old for me. Definitely check these sets out, SlingshotBandit. I don't think you'll regret it.
Old 05-04-04, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've only seen Season 1 on disc, but it was brilliant... I laughed my ass off through all the episodes. Some very crude but very well written and highly original comedy. I'm certainly looking forward to checking out the rest of the seasons of this show...and movie? Is this actually happening??

MATT

"My bacon strip is sizzlin'!"
Old 05-04-04, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the first line that got me on this show was, "The only thing I hate more than bigots, is spics." I'm sure it was done before but it was probably the first time I heard it, and I was just rolling. I remember for a while that was the joke I'd tell my friends if they wanted to get into the show.

Another favorite of mine was the cult episode, where the teachers and the principal went out to save Jerri and kidnapped, beat her, and then tried to convince her the cult did it, when she damn well knew it was them. I really need to pick this up on DVD, I'm laughing just thinking about it.