TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

West Wing 4/28

Old 04-28-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
West Wing 4/28

That SS agent is my hero. I've been wanting to see Toby get the crap kicked out of him for years
Old 04-29-04, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a bad episode. I liked seeing how they placed the different characters with each other and how differently they all interacted (especially the Donna/CJ subplot). Plus, it's always nice to see Lilli Tomlin (she had a good size part tonight).

Of course, the NBC promo department made it look like the episode was about some bomb about to go off in the White House and that it was going to be really intense. Gotta love NBC, huh?
Old 04-29-04, 05:14 AM

How can't you love Toby?!?!?
Old 04-29-04, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: West Wing 4/28

Originally posted by mikehunt
I've been wanting to see Toby get the crap kicked out of him for years
Old 04-29-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Arguably the best episode of the season. Great character moments and Charlie actually had lines! I don't hate Toby but it was cool to see the SS agent just drop him.

Question though, what was the point of telling Charlie and Tomlin that it was a drill? They were told to tow the line that it was a false alarm so there was no reason to believe they would say otherwise.
Old 04-29-04, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
It was okay - certainly not the best episode of the season though. That distinction goes to the episode, "The Supremes."

Count me in with the wanting to see Toby getting his ass kicked crowd. Captain Negative deserved it.
Old 04-29-04, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by lisadoris

Question though, what was the point of telling Charlie and Tomlin that it was a drill? They were told to tow the line that it was a false alarm so there was no reason to believe they would say otherwise.
Yea, but now they actually believe it wasn't "real" so it truly secures the issue. If you put them on a lie detector they would say it wasn't real and would pass because they actually believe it is a drill. Also, no matter how loyal and careful they are, they will let information slip somehow and the information they let slip will still support that the event wasn't real.

However, I think that the secretary knows it wasn't a drill based on her look at the limo being decontaminated on her way out of the building after the "drill" had ended.

I wonder though how they would decontaminate Charlie's home? They told him it was a drill with harmless virus, but they would still have to decontaminate his home and that would tip him off that it was not so "harmless."
Old 04-29-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Pretty contrived, they should've just had everyone trapped in an elevator if they wanted a bunch of "heart to heart" talks.
Old 04-29-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by lisadoris

i dont think its a worry about what they will safe
because its safe to know that neither one would ever say anything that was confidential

i think it was more a matter of giving them the warm and fuzzies.. so they arent put in the situation of worrying about their lives in the back of the head, every day they are in the office

knowing that people COULD try an attack is alot easier than knowing people HAVED tried
Old 04-29-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by twikoff