Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Sopranos 4-25-04

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-04, 06:55 AM
colossus

Originally posted by joltaddict
I think the main complaint wasnt the family aspect but how they keep veering off into new directions. This ep was good because it advanced the existing storylines. The last ep sucked because it didnt.
Gotta agree with this...
Old 04-26-04, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by joltaddict
I think the main complaint wasnt the family aspect but how they keep veering off into new directions. This ep was good because it advanced the existing storylines. The last ep sucked because it didnt.
Tony's issues with his mother and father have been around since season 1. While not the most entertaining storyline in the series it is one of the foundational.
Old 04-26-04, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked this episode a lot. It was nice to see another family barbecue, although this one was a tad bit different. It really does seem like Tony B. is into Meadow. I know she reminds him of his daughter that left, but he still looks are her a little strange. Maybe there was a reason that his daughter ran away. It was also interesting to see Tony's sons be jealous of A.J. and his lifestyle. I think that definitely pushed Tony B. into making the hit. He is sure to be a big up-in-comer now, but I see some bad blood spilling between Jersey and New York.

The only complaint I had about this epsiode - too bad we didn't get to see more Meadow in that bikini.
Old 04-26-04, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Still not 100% sure why Carmine Jr. wanted that guy wacked, and I'm a little surprised Tony B. would do it, rather than continue to try work into the Soprano biz. Can't lead to anywhere good, that's for sure...
Very decent episode...
Old 04-26-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tony B wants money, and he sure as hell ain't gonna get it earning for Tony S. So the offer for the Hit played right into Tony B's jealousy issues, and this will probably be the powder keg for the showdown between Carmine Jr. and Johnny Sack, but Tony S's gang will be drawn into the fray due to Tony B being the hitman. It could be seen as NJ mob taking sides in the NY mob power structure/struggle.
Old 04-26-04, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by uteotw
I'm a little surprised Tony B. would do it, rather than continue to try work into the Soprano biz.
Earlier in the show he goes to Tony S. and wants to expand his role and is quickly shot down. So he's jealous, feeling slighted & restrained, and just generally pissed off.
Old 04-26-04, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Okay episode. Tony B is pretty "into" Meadow.
This was already covered, but Tony B is not "into" Meadow at all, you sicko - she reminds him of his own daughter who's the same age as Meadow and misses very much.
Old 04-26-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose

Why are Silvio and Paulie getting so little screen time this year?
the guy who plays paulie had surgery last season and this might be the reason. and Silvio aka Steven Van zant was on tour with the E street band while season 5 was filming.
Old 04-26-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey, I'm a sicko. Nice. I think Tony B uses his daughter as a springboard for conversing with Meadow, but he's got that creepy uncle thing going on if you ask me.
Old 04-26-04, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by worrywort
Did I detect a smile from Tony, when Johnny told him that Ginny couldn't fit in the car
Definitely. Tony struggled to get in the car himself and that's why he asked the question. He was defintely trying not to laugh as Johnny said she hadn't ridden in it because of her bad knees
Old 04-26-04, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Maybe he got the car because he KNEW Ginny wouldn't fit.
Old 04-26-04, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

"bad knees" = "fat ass"
Old 04-26-04, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by slop101
Maybe he got the car because he KNEW Ginny wouldn't fit.
Haha, that would be great.
Old 04-26-04, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

surprised there havent been any real negative posts for this episode so far.
Old 04-26-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
surprised there havent been any real negative posts for this episode so far.
I thought last night and last week's were sub-par...at least for The Sopranos. I guess it's because I know there's only a handful of shows left in this season and ten more episodes after that and for the past two or three weeks the show seems like it's really treading water - going over the same issues over and over again. The acting was great, as always, but there's been no major storyline advancement since the episode where Tony got in a car wreck with Adrianna. I don't mind the occasional episodes that stray from the main story, but after three of these in a row, the season (which started off great) has taken a bit of a nose dive.
Old 04-26-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by slop101
This was already covered, but Tony B is not "into" Meadow at all, you sicko - she reminds him of his own daughter who's the same age as Meadow and misses very much.
Call me a sicko too then. Though I know the point was that he would be jealous of Tony S's life and things, specially the fact that he lost his own daughter while Tony enjoyed being with Meadow... and that Tony interrupted his own moment with Meadow.... there still seemed to be something more there, something a bit creepy.

He wants what Tony has.. and it's not all healthy.
Old 04-26-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
You watch, It will come out that Tony wasnt attacked on the way to the heist, and instead got drunk and fell down or some shit, blowing Blondetto's F* *king top!
Old 04-26-04, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tommy Ceez
You watch, It will come out that Tony wasnt attacked on the way to the heist, and instead got drunk and fell down or some shit, blowing Blondetto's F* *king top!
Are you referring to what Tony B originally got arrested for, or a more recent heist?
Old 04-26-04, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Origional arrest
Old 04-26-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good, solid episode overall. The doctor at the party was a real dick. What an ass for insulting the gun Tony gave his father-in-law. Also, Tony B. doing the whacking will be interesting. I assume Tony S. will stand by Tony B.'s involvement, but will be very angry. But this may proove to go over well for the NY situation. Sack would be ousted with Little Carmine taking over, and because of Tony B.'s actions, it would be a fairly peaceful arrangement.

I kind of see Sack's purchase of the car as him blowing his savings...he doesn't need to save his money for a rainy day because the clouds are gathering on the horizon.
Old 04-26-04, 02:53 PM
Suspended

Wasn't it little carmine that Tony B killed? I though that's who it was anyway. I'm kinda thinking they'll keep Tony B's involvment under wraps and he'll say he dropped his massage chair on his foot or something, but at the end of the season the truth will come out and Tony S will have to wack Tony B, but in the end won't be able to do it, that that'll lead up to the big conflict mob war that'll take place next season.
Old 04-26-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by RandyC
Call me a sicko too then. Though I know the point was that he would be jealous of Tony S's life and things, specially the fact that he lost his own daughter while Tony enjoyed being with Meadow... and that Tony interrupted his own moment with Meadow.... there still seemed to be something more there, something a bit creepy.

He wants what Tony has.. and it's not all healthy.
I would have agreed had Meadow's reaction been different. If she had looked back at Tony B. and said, "Why are you looking at me like that" or something, then it would have been a tipoff that he's up to something creepy. But clearly the scene was written with the intent of providing exposition about Tony B.'s daughter.
Old 04-26-04, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by SirPablo
The doctor at the party was a real dick. What an ass for insulting the gun Tony gave his father-in-law.
I must have missed that line. What did he say about the gun?
Old 04-26-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Numanoid
He said that the parts used in the best guns were never exported from Italy, suggesting that the gun Tony had bought was of inferior quality.
Old 04-26-04, 03:39 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally posted by Numanoid
He talked about touring the Beretta factory in Brescia (I think), and how they never export the really nice guns. Since the one Tony gave his father-in-law was obviously an exported shotgun, the guy was saying it wasn't really all that nice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.