DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   William Hung, are you sick of him yet? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/359591-william-hung-you-sick-him-yet.html)

syphon00 04-20-04 12:28 PM

William Hung, are you sick of him yet?

I sure am

Patman 04-20-04 12:51 PM

He's an embarrassment to karaoke singers everywhere.

TheAllPurposeNothing 04-20-04 12:54 PM

Sad to say, no.

While I have worn of the whole "She Bangs" thing, his album is a whole new garden of mirthly delights.

Sure it will wear, but spin "I Believe I Can Fly" or "Hotel California," and I promise the rewards are there.

Maybe we should just start referring to him as Mr. Miller....

Fok 04-20-04 01:02 PM

Its been funny, but they're just milking way too much now.

Chew 04-20-04 01:09 PM

Where's the "who the hell is William Hung?" option? :p

wendersfan 04-20-04 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Chew
Where's the "who the hell is William Hung?" option? :p
No kidding. I don't know much about the guy at all, except that every fourth or fifth thread in Music Talk seems to be about him lately.

Kal-El 04-20-04 01:16 PM

I haven't seen him enough to be sick of the guy. And I watch a lot of TV.

And if there's something I don't like on, there's this thing that I have where if I press some numbers, it changes the channel on the TV.

Rogue588 04-20-04 01:23 PM

I'm as sick of him as I am this Ramalamadingdong chick from the Apprentice -- and I don't watch either show.

I'm sure there's a special place in hell reserved for them and the creators and distributors of all reality shows.

Groucho 04-20-04 01:27 PM

The funny thing about Hung is that as bad as he is, he's still better than all the finalists from all three seasons of American Idol combined.

Morf 04-20-04 01:38 PM

Where is the "I'm not laughing at all" option. The guy (as well as the entire American Idol fad going on in this country) is pathetic.

bboisvert 04-20-04 01:58 PM

Originally posted by Morf
Where is the "I'm not laughing at all" option.
Exactly. You ask if we're sick of him, but the only two options imply that we're amused in one way or another.

He was funny -- once -- for about the minute or two he was first on the screen. To milk this with multiple appearances, a CD, videos, etc. kinda kills the joke, no?

magi 04-20-04 02:20 PM

Originally posted by Morf
Where is the "I'm not laughing at all" option. The guy (as well as the entire American Idol fad going on in this country) is pathetic.
Ditto...
I cought a brief glimps of him on AI last night, and I just can't believe so many ppl find him ammusing. why god, why!

El Scorcho 04-20-04 02:59 PM

<---- more sick of william hung discussion than william hung

Jackskeleton 04-20-04 03:01 PM

I was tired of his act 2 minutes into his 15 minutes

icondude 04-20-04 03:06 PM

I never liked him or thought he was funny or entertaining in any way.

cdollaz 04-20-04 03:08 PM

Where's the "He's laughing....all the way to the bank" option?

MJKTool 04-20-04 03:32 PM

No, only because I never see or hear him.

Red Dog 04-20-04 03:49 PM

Yes, but only because I am sick of him and everyone else associated with the program.

Dr. DVD 04-20-04 06:54 PM

I'm sick of him, but I'm even more sickened by the shameless exploitation that is his career.

gotwavego 04-20-04 08:26 PM

Not sick of him, he's actually entertaining at some levels. Would I spend money to support him, nope.

-g

SunMonkey 04-20-04 08:47 PM

It aptly took me about 15 minutes from the time I opened this thread to download the video clip of Hung's American Idol bit and watch it for the first time. Now I'm sick of him.

Get Me Coffee 04-20-04 08:54 PM

This guy can barely speak english, nor less sing. But I don’t mind the guy…Let him make his money! He has balls.

Charlie Goose 04-20-04 11:52 PM

I'm more sick of the companies that shove him down our throats, and of the nitwits that accept it and actually buy his album or support his career.

big whoppa 04-21-04 01:24 AM

I support William's motivations for recording the album. If he gets rich, more power to him. That's nothing to laugh about.

But I don't agree with companies profiting from other people's prejudices or his ridicule. I'd like to see more Asians break out on the American charts but I'd prefer Asians who can sing.

BTW, I heard snippets of the tracks. Not awful but it's karaoke at best. The background music is a dead giveaway.

NitroJMS 04-21-04 02:02 AM

I can't stand him and I can't believe people have actually purchased it at my store.

Also, I've been wondering, but is he all there in the head?