DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/353263-amazing-race.html)

csim 03-17-04 12:31 AM

The Amazing Race?

Is the any new news on the Amazing Race. O do i love that show, and miss it so much. Is it still going to premire after Survivior. I sure hope so, so can you guys help out, if you got any info.

BDB 03-17-04 12:46 AM

Should be back for the summer, they had good ratings last summer and that encouraged them to run it in the summer months.

I love that show with a passion

Groucho 03-17-04 07:29 AM

I know "Amazing Race 5" got the green light, so I imagine we'll see it this summer.

Spanky BananaPants 03-17-04 09:30 AM

The only thing that worries me about the summer series is the olympics. I know ratings haven't been stellar for the show, but putting it up against the olympics will probably kill the ratings altogether, meaning we probably won't see TAR again.

Whatever they do, I hope they bring it back for a sixth season.

Jim 03-17-04 10:24 AM

The Olympics doesn't start until mid-August. The Race should start sometime in late May-early June. Most, if not all, of the episodes will air before the Olympics start.

Groucho 03-17-04 10:28 AM

Plus, the Olympics only go for a couple weeks.

DaveNinja 03-17-04 10:52 AM

Plus no one really watches the Olympics, they just say they do to act cool. Watch, the next post will be someone that says they "really" watch the olympics. They're just lying and disagreeing with me to seem cool.

SunMonkey 03-17-04 11:05 AM

Hey! I really watch the olympics! Am I cool now?

Anyway, I hope they air AM5 right after Survivor ends. I like the time slot and would hate to have to fill it with work or something constructive.

BTW, I don't really watch the olympics aside from the hockey during the winter games. ;)

Fok 03-17-04 11:11 AM

Sweet, looking foward to it. I don't know about you guys, but I was pretty mad when Flo won a couple of seasons ago.

chowderhead 04-02-04 02:18 PM

YEAH! , my favorite (reality) show is BACK.
Apparently, they will only have 11 teams not 12 team.
July 6 is the return date:

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - CBS is pairing up its summer reality-show franchises this year, creating an unscripted block with "Big Brother 5" and "The Amazing Race 5."

The two shows will premiere with 90-minute episodes on Tuesday, July 6. "Big Brother 5" will open the night at 8 p.m. ET, with "The Amazing Race" beginning its fifth global journey at 9:30. The following week, they'll move to their regular time periods, "Big Brother" at 9 p.m. and "Race" at 10.

"Big Brother" will stick to the three-times-a-week schedule that has served CBS well the past four summers. Episodes will also air at 8 p.m. Thursdays -- in which a player will be evicted from the house -- and 9 p.m. Saturdays.
Although there are likely to be twists along the way, both series will adhere to their tried-and-true formats. The winner of "Big Brother" will pocket $500,000, while "The Amazing Race's" victorious two-person team will split $1 million. "Race" has 11 teams this time around, one fewer than in past editions of the show.

CBS also says it will debut the Mike Fleiss-produced series "The Will" sometime during the summer. A premiere date for the show, in which a wealthy head of a family gives part of the family's assets to one of his or her heirs, hasn't been set.

pezboy 04-02-04 02:25 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWW hell's yeah!

I'm so glad CBS has kept this franchise afloat. Even if it's once a year, it's a great thing to look forward to.

I'd love to see CBS really treat it good, though, with maybe an All-Star edition of it's own, or maybe a DVD release. Maybe Blake and Rob's Reality Central will get re-runs...?

Jim 04-02-04 02:26 PM

10 PM? Boo!

pezboy 04-02-04 02:40 PM

Oh, and they're taking applications for Season 6 on CBS.com. WOO-HOO!!!

BDB 04-02-04 02:42 PM

Alright that kicks ass.

cdollaz 04-02-04 02:55 PM

Thumbs up for TAR.

Thumbs down bigtime for Big Brother.

pezboy 04-02-04 03:32 PM

New twists this season...

Courtesy of The Futon Critic:

"For instance on "Race," during non-elimination weeks, the team that finishes last will be stripped of all their money as well as deprived of any starting cash for the next leg of the race. Another change will be the addition of a "yield" component, which will let each team (only once during the race) slow down someone who's closing in behind them."

Damn, that sounds harsh.

shanester 04-02-04 03:41 PM

Screw sit-coms and mid season replacements

reality TV year round is the only way to go :up:

they're cheap to produce and very addictive (like drugs and alcohol) -wink-

LBCrazyFool 04-02-04 04:19 PM

:thumbsup: Great news about TAR.

Static Cling 04-02-04 05:36 PM

Yes.

mrpayroll 04-02-04 06:36 PM

Originally posted by Jim
10 PM? Boo!

Exactly! Why so late? I don't have the East Coast feed of CBS, so that means I will have to stay up late to watch it live or just watch the Tivo at a later date.

Chris

tofu 04-02-04 07:51 PM

Finally. I'm definitely looking forward to more TAR

Skorp 04-03-04 09:49 AM

There's unfortunately more to this than was reported above. From comingsoon.net:

In addition to their schedule proximity, "Brother" and "Race" will be linked in another way: One of this summer's "Race" contestants will be 23-year-old Alison Irwin -- the runner-up in last summer's "Big Brother 4." She'll be paired with her boyfriend, Donny.
Can I just say :yack:

Static Cling 04-03-04 10:03 AM

I've never watched BB, but was she really that captivating that CBS signed her up for another reality TV show? I hope she doesn't start every sentence with, "Well, in Big Brother, I..."

Skorp 04-03-04 10:42 AM

"Captivating" is NOT a word I would use to describe Alison.

"Skanky", "Disgusting", "Obnoxious" and "Hateful" (and other words not suitable for this forum) are much more appropriate.

She rates very high on my list of The Most Hated Reality Show Contestants Ever.

mrpayroll 04-03-04 11:18 AM

Originally posted by Skorp
[B

She rates very high on my list of The Most Hated Reality Show Contestants Ever. [/B]

And that's why CBS chose her for TAR5. They don't want bland, boring people. That want people that are going to get a rise out of the other contestants and of course out of the audience. It will just be someone that we will hate and every week we will hope she loses. :)

Chris