Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

God loves hot young chicks

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What are you watching Friday night?
Wonderfalls
31.82%
Joan of Arcadia
31.82%
Both
27.27%
a Passion of the Christ/Starsky and Hutch double feature
9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-04, 11:55 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the show the TV critics have been raving about since before the fall season is almost here and the geniuses at Fox have put it in their worst timeslot of the week, Friday 9/8 e/c. Maybe they figure Joan will work as a lead-in, but I think it will actually really hurt them. I think the average person won't want change the channel to watch a show similar to what they just watched.

I know this is still several days away, but I started think about it because the Sopranos made the front page of 3 different sections of my newspaper today, but Wonderfalls beat them out of the front page of the TV schedule. I'm going to watch both since I already like Joan and Wonderfalls is being run by Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me creator), Todd Holland, and Tim Minear (one of the best writer/directors on Angel and Firefly). I wonder if Tim Minear has any comments about this situation since Fox cancelled him last year at the 8/7 Friday slot. I wonder what the Fox executives think about the Firefly movie.
Old 03-08-04, 12:14 AM

VERY weird that you put in that final choice. I just did that TODAY, so i guess i'm lying in saying that it was FRIDAY night.

But seriously -- after watching "Passion", we snuck into "Starsky" -- lucky we didn't pay for that second one.. we even thought about leaving the theater 10 minutes into it..
Old 03-08-04, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is Wonderfall at same time slot as Joan of Arcadia? I'm already watching JoA so I guess I'll have to pick one of those two shows to tape, because Wonderfall looks promising. I will give it a few weeks of viewing to see what it's like.
Old 03-08-04, 12:30 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, it comes on after Joan. I guess putting it against Joan would actually be the worst timeslot choice Fox could make.
Old 03-08-04, 12:39 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
If Fox was smart they would have started this Tuesday after AI while 24 is off the air and then move it so it has a chance to build an audience. It's doesn't stand a chance where it is now. Great thinking Fox
Old 03-08-04, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fox is the network that let Firefly die, after all. I guess we could also lump John Doe in there, though I wasn't really fond enough after the pilot of that show to keep watching...
Old 03-08-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I like Joan when I get the chance to see it.
Old 03-08-04, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Jimmy James •

Fox is the network that intentionally sabotaged Firefly because they never wanted it in the first place.
fixed

das
Old 03-08-04, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

the Wonderfall's chick is hotter, but I like me some Jane
Old 03-08-04, 04:14 PM

I am into both Joan of Arcadia, I watch Joan of Arcadia every now and then but I am too late into the series that I don't know alot about the series. I will prob buy Joan of Arc blind on DVD whenever that happens. Since Wonderfalls is a new show. I am gonna try it since one of my favorite actors returned to TV since Roswell, William Sadler.