Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

AWESOME Adult Swim news

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-04, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWESOME Adult Swim news

CARTOON NETWORK

Following a year of incredible growth, Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim has an aggressive programming slate that includes new original series, new seasons of existing hits and the acquisition of new action/adventure series. Adult Swim, which currently airs Sunday-Thursday from 11 p.m.-5 a.m. (ET, PT), is Cartoon Network’s popular late-night block of animated programming aimed at adults 18-34.

Among the previously announced programming highlights planned for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim in 2004:

Popular original comedy series Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law returns Sunday, April 18, with a new season of 10 episodes featuring B-list cartoon stars in legal jeopardy. Among the animated icons turning to Harvey for counsel this season are Speed Buggy, Auggie Doggie and Doggie Daddy, Inch High Private Eye and the Jetsons. Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law will air Sundays at 11:30 p.m. (ET, PT).

The Venture Brothers, a new Adult Swim comedy, makes its debut on Sunday, August 1. The Venture Brothers follows the adventures of two dimwitted brothers, their scientist father and his bodyguard, Brock. Hank and Dean Venture regularly find themselves in danger, even if they are oblivious to it. The Venture family lives on a spacious ranch with a high-tech laboratory, but their adventures take them to exotic locales around the world, from the deepest, darkest rainforests to the most dangerous urban jungles. When the boys get into a sticky situation, they rely on the muscled, mullet-headed bodyguard Brock to bail them out. With a huge knife, a steely glint in his eye and a taste for blood, Brock is the guy that you want on your side when it’s time to defile your enemy.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force becomes the first original Adult Swim series to go to “strip,” joining the Monday-Thursday line-up on Monday, April 19. Back-to-back episodes of the adventures of Meatwad, Frylock and Master Shake, three human-sized food products living in a rental house in New Jersey, will air at 12 a.m. (ET, PT) Monday-Thursday, following Family Guy and Futurama.

Sealab 2021, the Adult Swim original comedy set on a high-tech undersea laboratory run by a crew of bickering idiots, returns for its third season on Sunday, June 20, at 11:30 p.m. (ET, PT).

---DAILY ATHF!!! Woo-hoo!!

---New Harvey Birdman...FINALLY!

---I thought the Venture Brothers one-shot a few months ago was really bad, but what do I know
Old 03-02-04, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I, on the other hand, have never laughed as much at a cartoon as I did at the Venture Brothers. I was laughing so hard that sound finally stopped coming out... I was just shaking and crying at how good the pilot was.

Johnny Quest parody with a homicidal Race Bannon = pure gold.
Old 03-02-04, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also loved the Venture Brothers and hope enough episodes are made for a DVD release. Great show!
Old 03-02-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
The bad news, Home Movies might get canned.
Old 03-02-04, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
for the ATHF news. While I have seen most of the episodes many times, it will now be easier to force my love of the show on my poor friends.

Old 03-03-04, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
I, on the other hand, have never laughed as much at a cartoon as I did at the Venture Brothers. I was laughing so hard that sound finally stopped coming out... I was just shaking and crying at how good the pilot was.

Johnny Quest parody with a homicidal Race Bannon = pure gold.
Have to agree, I was lmao at The Venture brothers "you know you have to completely defile a mummy".

The more I watch ATHF the more I am convinced its the funniest show on TV.
Old 03-03-04, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by SunMonkey
for the ATHF news. While I have seen most of the episodes many times, it will now be easier to force my love of the show on my poor friends.

Qouted for Meatwad... that gif is cracking me up.

"I'll get back to the business of kicking your butt, and business is good...in your butt...because Im kicking it. "