Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Average Joe 2 :what is the secret?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
I am glad some of you were able to laugh since I couldn't. I feel like I pissed away extra dvd/xbox time for the past few months over this stupid show. I actually called my mom & bitched her out for talking me into watching this show (she thought that the first one was great but I had passed).

Fabio? You give up a great piece of ass b/c of Fabio???

It is obvious Gil never really liked Larissa. I think he acted stupid b/c he is still immature and also it was a way to get out of the whole thing. My wife feels that since Gil is a pretty-boy and obviously considers himself the perfect man, he just couldn't handle that Larissa had already been with (what many women consider) the example of the "perfect-looking" man.

If Larissa had told me that, I personally would have laughed at her & wondered why she would have dated such a goober. Jeez...have you ever seen an interview with Fabio?

I personally thought the suprise was that she had a kid.

Pretty sad that a show like My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance ran laps around this show. Hey! NBC! Leave the reality dating shows to Fox!
Old 03-01-04, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Binger
Anyone with half a brain would have stuck around long enough to get plenty of ass before they bolted.
3 days in Cabo probably did the trick...
Old 03-01-04, 10:47 PM
Li

Originally posted by fillerbunny
Actually, this is the stupidest part about the big Fabio "twist": It was already revealed on Jay Leno LAST WEEK! I think it was Wednesday or Thursday when Larissa, Gil, and Brian all went on Jay Leno's show, and Jay asked Larissa if it was true that she used to date Fabio. She said yes, but it was all in the past.

Thanks a lot for ruining your big surprise, NBC.
I think that the surprise was more the fact that Gil left her because it.
Old 03-01-04, 11:23 PM

(what many women consider) the example of the "perfect-looking" man.
Umm...who are these women? I have never met one woman who feels this way.

Ok, so I know they exist, but come on...
Old 03-02-04, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Show just started over here on the west coast. I was almost thinking about watching it. You guys saved me an hour. I thank you!
Old 03-02-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was the most lame, retarded and insanely stupid ending I've ever seen on television. Fabio? Really? That was the surprise? Good thing I only watched 20 minutes of the whole series.
Old 03-02-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BAW- HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA BAW HA HA HA

omg, that was awful. that was so awful I can't laugh hard enough at it. So lame. What is the point of average joe if you are going to toss in the pretty boys? Of course she was going to go with the pretty boy. Glad she got what she deserved. Poor guy though Brian was it? Sucks for him. Bitch shouldn't have lead him on in that final date.

What an awful ending. I'm sure that the next reality show with this same format will have a major decline in ratings because of that. especially with the even more lame twist ending. Fabio. Wow. BAW HA HA HA HA HA HAHAA
Old 03-02-04, 12:57 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

lol what's the deal with Fabio? So what that she dated him? Is that Gil guy a moron or what
Old 03-02-04, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
The gil guy never cared about her. as other stated, the guy wants to be the pretty boy, the highlight of her life. He feels over shadowed that some romance novel sex symbol was already hers. Oh man, talk about one dumb chick. BAW HA HA HA HA
Old 03-02-04, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
C'mon Gil. You're dating a superficial godess. Who cares if she dated a famous moron? If I were in that situation it wouldn't matter who in the world she'd been with before.
...Well except for maybe one guy....

Old 03-02-04, 01:11 AM

I had wondered what Fabio had been doing the last few years. Was their relationship supposed to be recently or a long time ago? Why do I care?

My last memory of Fabio was seeing him give Tom Green a ride on his Harley a few years back

I wonder why Larissa kept making out with Brian, looking longingly at him, and then she cold dumped him for the blond himbo. She got what she deserved. Not that she had to pick the "joe", but she didn't have to lead Brian on like she did.
Old 03-02-04, 01:42 AM
Banned

It was a bummer end to the show.
Old 03-02-04, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Why is Larissa shallow just because she picked the good looking guy? Brian was a goofball...not to mention insecure, monotone, needy, virginal, and boring (as far as we could tell...). Of course Brian falls in love with her because...well, look at her! I fell in love with during every episode. Brian is just as guilty of being "shallow" as she is.

Gil may have been dull-witted, but he didn't have the negative qualities Brian had. I liked Gil by default.

Also, doesn't it seem like that there was something more to her secret than dating Fabio? It sounds like NBC hid the real source of their conflict at the last minute.

(Notice that Larissa apparently doesn't go back to Brian after being dumped by her number one choice...)
Old 03-02-04, 01:50 AM

By far the WORST finale ever.
Old 03-02-04, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by DieselsDen
Why is Larissa shallow just because she picked the good looking guy? Brian was a goofball...not to mention insecure, monotone, needy, virginal, and boring (as far as we could tell...). Of course Brian falls in love with her because...well, look at her! I fell in love with during every episode. Brian is just as guilty of being "shallow" as she is.
Because Gil is dumb, insecure (obviously, seeing as how he couldn't 'measure up' to Fabio), a user (wanting his acting career to take off), MORE boring (I liked Brian's date much better) and, well, again, a moron.

The difference between Brian and Larissa is that while Brian had no choice of who he was pursuing, Larissa did. I am confident that he did like her for who she was to him. If he didn't like her, he could have walked off just like that other douche did. She chose...poorly.
Old 03-02-04, 02:41 AM

Originally posted by speedy
By far the WORST finale ever.
Completely agree. Never again. And that Fabio thing was so lame I couldn't figure out if I should be in shock or rolling on the floor laughing. Had it been someone or something more interesting it could have been entertaining.

"I was Peter Jackson's love slave"
"Oh my .... .... um, can you get me an autograph? Oh, and from the actors too if you have the time"
Old 03-02-04, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I LOVED the ending. BEST TWIST EVER. I don't know if I view it the same as everyone else though.

Thought that it was funny and appropriate. Since Fabio is a lot older than her, and literally a romance book cover boy, seems like she is pretty shallow as well. This whole thing was supposed to show her that it is what is inside that counts, yada, yada, yada. It seemed like she learned that, but chose Gil anyway, who tossed her for being shallow enough to go out with Fabio in the first place.

Like it or not, most people, especially men, have a preconceived notion of Fabio being a pretty boy with no real intelligence. Women that date him are seen as worse that the equivalent to men who go out with dumb hot chicks, because they should know better because they are women! Sorry, but true!

My girlfriend couldn't understand why Gil would leave, but the guys that I have talked to can. Too funny.

I don't think that Gil was shallow self conscious about Fabio (well probably a bit), but the fact that Larissa dated him reduces her in his eyes, rather than him being worried that he would not rise to Fabio's level. At least that would be my opinion.

Great ending
Old 03-02-04, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
(Fabio)"I can't believe it's not Brian"(/Fabio)
Old 03-02-04, 07:55 AM
Li

They were on the Today show this morning. Turns out they are "still together" though they hadn't seen each other for "2-3 months" before today. It'll never last, of course, for multiple reasons.
Old 03-02-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gil left her because of Fabio...... what the????

She is dumb to begin with. "I trust my instinct"...... yeah right...
Old 03-02-04, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by gnradd21
I had wondered what Fabio had been doing the last few years. Was their relationship supposed to be recently or a long time ago? Why do I care?

My last memory of Fabio was seeing him give Tom Green a ride on his Harley a few years back
He was last seen on Zoolander accepting his Slashie award.
Old 03-02-04, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The ending was great. She got what she deserved......

But TO NBC, sorry but if you keep on putting Hunks on the show.....you should change the name to....

Hunk will beat Joe Show....

Its turning out to be this way
Old 03-02-04, 08:11 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I wonder if Mr. Bean will get his own show now, like Adam did.
Old 03-02-04, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think Larissa painted herself into a corner.

She liked Brian a lot, but it seemed that she was "touched" by the fact he was opening up to her/falling in love. It was obvious that she wasn't in love with him. She obviously was not completely repulsed by him, or she wouldn't have kissed him so willingly. I think she did the right thing by not choosing him - she may have been thinking of his feelings. If she had picked him, he would have thought "ok, I'm MARRYING" this girl - and while she really liked him, the future was not going to happen from her point of view.

Concerning the Gil, well , I have no idea how he got to the end. Did he ever once, laugh, joke, crack a smile? Did he ever say anything nice or complimentary to her? When she asked him "what he was hoping to get out of all this" rather than saying "a chance at true love" or something like that , he said "an acting career"! What a tool! I thought she would have been better off with the Michael C., but I think she felt she "had" to eliminate him for things he had done.

The Fabio thing was so crazy, But, as we know , Gill was just a bit of an immature A*hole - he had not doubt slept with her by then, and, in the tradition of guys like him everywhere, he wanted a way out. Fabio! I would have cracked a joke and moved on!
Old 03-02-04, 08:35 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by Sunday Morning
What the hell was that?!

Fabio? Huh? Gil storming out over fabio?!
What was he upset because he also was attracted to fabio?

That has got to be the worst twist yet of these shows.
It's really obvious the producers had to add something on to make up for larissa proving what a shallow person she really is by picking gil over brian.

I bet everyone watching called larissa a bitch once she made her choice. I wonder what it feels like to have millions of people yell out the word "Bitch!" to you while you are on screen. Must be fun. She's a pretty good actress, that one. Gil, and his fledging actor career won't go anywhere. No One, I mean no one gets upset over fabio!
I totally agree. STUPIDEST "twist" ever. When Gil was saying, "Any guy out there will know what I mean by being upset over this" I thought, "I have NO idea what this dimwit is talking about." Still don't.

VERY lame ending to it all...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.