DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Enterprise 02/25/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/349294-enterprise-02-25-04-a.html)

Chew 02-25-04 06:04 AM

Enterprise 02/25/04

Episode Title: "Hatchery"

Archer tries to save the offspring of a group of Xindi Insectoids when he discovers their crashed ship on a barren planet.
Written By: Andre Bormanis and Mike Sussman
Directed By: Michael Grossman

First observation: Should they really be taking a detour away from their goal of reaching Azati Prime and the Xindi super-weapon? :confused:

Fielding Mellish 02-25-04 06:36 AM

I've got to find time in my schedule to miss this one...

Wizdar 02-25-04 10:45 AM

I’ve tried to find time in my schedule to miss these, too. Hasn’t worked, although I managed to postpone the agony a coupla times.

Now that this ship is about to run full-on into an iceberg, I’m in it till it's featured on “In Search Of…”

;)

Damfino 02-25-04 11:48 AM

Oh great, Archer builds an ant farm for his science project. How original. -rolleyes-

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...S.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wizdar 02-25-04 04:31 PM

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/ima.../47/116247.jpg

madcougar 02-25-04 07:57 PM

Re: Enterprise 02/25/04

Originally posted by Chew
First observation: Should they really be taking a detour away from their goal of reaching Azati Prime and the Xindi super-weapon? :confused:
This has been my problem with this entire season. They keep stopping for really stupid reasons.

mikehunt 02-25-04 08:14 PM

once again it's bashed before being seen
they already said it was going to take 3 weeks to get there.
Plus, the rest of the crew agreed that they shouldn't stop, and did something about it

Wizdar 02-25-04 09:10 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt
once again it's bashed before being seen
Well, this is an Enterprise thread, yes?

;)

Phil L. 02-25-04 10:34 PM

The captain got sprayed by the bug!

NO ONE on the whole crew thought of that!?!

Gawd, that was soooo damn obvious from the start!

Jeez I want to slap them all!

Chew 02-26-04 06:11 AM

I don't think the reason they stopped here in the first place was explained too well. Why they stayed was made clear, but not why in the first place.

After feeling it for a couple weeks, the whole unwavering drive to Azati Prime lost it's momentum with this episode. It served little purpose to the overall arc and not much was learned.

Are Mayweather and Sato still on board? ;)

Chew 02-26-04 06:27 AM

Originally posted by Wizda're
Wizda're?? :confused:
Will I need to change my sig now? :hscratch:

;)

Wizdar 02-26-04 06:45 AM

Originally posted by Chew
Will I need to change my sig now?
It shouldn't be permanent. :lol:

CaptainMarvel 02-26-04 07:41 AM

Originally posted by Phil L.

NO ONE on the whole crew thought of that!?!

Gawd, that was soooo damn obvious from the start!

Jeez I want to slap them all!

And, conveniently, not a single other person who was working in that room got sprayed. It just happened to be the guy who was in charge that got a faceful.

gettinbranded 02-26-04 11:11 AM

Seriously dumb episode.

StrTrkker 02-26-04 08:09 PM

I thought it was an ok episode...nothing great but ok. I do think that the obvious (the spray) was a bit too neat for the storyline and that the crews lack of noticing it was really a really stupid plot hole.

I dont know...I think the worse thing about Enterprise of for me is Scott Bakula as Archer. Hes really starting to overact and push himself too much. Guess the producers didnt have enough foresight to have him do a screen test for Archer like Genevieve Bujold did for Janeway.

Hearing all these bashes towards Enterprise makes me appreciate Voyager a lot more than I did before....

We can only hope Enterprise finishes these dumb Azati Prime and the Xindi super-weapon storyline and get back to the Andorians. Those episodes are very well done...

mikehunt 02-26-04 11:06 PM

Andorian-Vulcan-Tellerite-Human birth of the federation stuff is needed. the "disasterous first contact" with the Klingons that Picard mentioned needs to happen (so far I wouldn't call the very minor skirmishes to be disasterous).
Earth/Romulan war would be nice, but the timeframe for that has been suggested as being later than Enterprise would go even if it makes the full 7 years

Originally posted by StrTrkker
We can only hope Enterprise finishes these dumb Azati Prime and the Xindi super-weapon storyline and get back to the Andorians. Those episodes are very well done...

Fok 02-27-04 01:56 AM

Man this storyline is getting boring, wish they'd hurry up and find the bugs and move on.

Wizdar 02-27-04 07:16 AM

Originally posted by gettinbranded
Seriously dumb episode.
My wife used those very words.

Red Dog 03-01-04 08:10 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt
Andorian-Vulcan-Tellerite-Human birth of the federation stuff is needed. the "disasterous first contact" with the Klingons that Picard mentioned needs to happen (so far I wouldn't call the very minor skirmishes to be disasterous).
Earth/Romulan war would be nice, but the timeframe for that has been suggested as being later than Enterprise would go even if it makes the full 7 years

Amen. The Andorian episodes have been the best of the whole sorry lot.

Fielding Mellish 03-01-04 08:22 PM

I just can't find it in myself to invest my time in this "bold new direction", knowing that there's a 90% chance that this season is it. Finis. Done.

MvRojo 03-01-04 11:12 PM

Originally posted by Fielding Mellish
I just can't find it in myself to invest my time in this "bold new direction", knowing that there's a 90% chance that this season is it. Finis. Done.
Actually a 4th season is pretty much guaranteed just because Paramount won't let UPN just cancel the show. According to a source on TrekBBS, Morpheus, who is privy to a lot of details, including scripts weeks ahead of their info hitting the web, no one is worried about a 4th season.