Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Trek DS9 question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Star Trek DS9 question

What was the name of the episode(Dax kissing another woman) and what season did it come from?Pics?

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 02-22-04 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-22-04, 07:40 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drax => Dax

It occurs in Season 4, Episode 6. Production #478
Title: Rejoined

only know this because I just went through season 4, it's a rather boring episode. I honestly ended up skipping it.
Old 02-22-04, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

jrobinson is correct.

I think it is one of the best kisses ever...

Old 02-22-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can tell Terry Farrell wasn't too into it, though. I remember reading an interview back when the episode aired and she said she was pretty reluctant to do it.

Dax is still my fantasy lesbian girlfriend, though.
Old 02-23-04, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked this episode... skipping it is blasphemy!
Old 02-23-04, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Looks like I will be buying season 4 afterall.
Old 02-23-04, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just one comment on that episode. Dax has good taste in women.
Old 02-23-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm with jrobinson, this one was a snoozer. The Dax episodes are just plain boring, and I know, that is my opinion. Season 4 overall was great, I would say it's my favorite season, next to Season 6 of course.

Last edited by NaturalMystic79; 02-23-04 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-23-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think i am in the vast minority but i think season 2 of DS9 is the best season. I like them all though.
Old 02-23-04, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by NaturalMystic79
I'm with jrobinson, this one was a snoozer. The Dax episodes are just plain boring, and I know, that is my opinion. Season 4 overall was great, I would say it's my favorite season, next to Season 6 of course.
I agree that the Jadzia Dax episodes were pretty boring (but they had a few good laughs thrown in from time to time, like the time Quark hosted a female personality she used to have), but there is a Dax episode in season seven that was just fantastic, and that revolved the assasian on the station. Great episode, and it turned my opinion around on Ezri.
Old 02-23-04, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 727 Likes on 531 Posts
I pitched an idea to Trek writers to do a cross-over DS9 and VOY because of Rejoined. Basically, someone tries to steal the wormhole technology from Lenara and as a result, she uses a wormhole to escape, sending her to the Delta Quadrant. There she meets up with the crew of Voyager and they try to use the technology but they can't get the wormhole big enough.
Old 02-23-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I take that back, there is one episode of Dax which I liked.. Tears of the Prophets in Season 6. I agree that Ezri Dax was pretty good, and I thought the writers implimented her character well, considering she was only on for one season. She seemed more real because she was a timid, nervous officer, not your typical headstrong, overconfident young Starfleet officer. As Season 7 develops you see Ezri become more sure of herself, and assimilates well onto DS9. While definately not one of the stronger characters, she wasn't that bad either.

Piazza-

I agree, Season 2 was excellent! I love Maquis I & II, Melora (Fallit Kot was so cool!, wish they had him in more epsidoes), The Wire (Garak, need I say more?), Shadowplay, ahh heck they are all great, except Crossover... I was never a fan of those alternate-reality episodes. It was somewhat interesting the first time, but got cheesy after awhile.
Old 02-23-04, 04:23 PM

One thing I never understood about the "Rejoined" episode: In it, they bring up some sort of Trill taboo, basically stating that once the symbiote got a new host, it was forbidden to associate with the previous host's family or friends. So.... wouldn't that taboo extend to Sisko? He first met Dax when Curzon was the host. So why was Dax allowed to serve under Sisko as Jadzia?
Old 02-23-04, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by redskull47
One thing I never understood about the "Rejoined" episode: In it, they bring up some sort of Trill taboo, basically stating that once the symbiote got a new host, it was forbidden to associate with the previous host's family or friends.
I don't recall them saying anything about friends. They were talking about the previous host's mate (which, I suppose, can logically be extended to include family -- children, etc.)

There's never been any indication that friends were a problem. As you mentioned, Jadzia hangs out w/ Sisko. Plus the Klingons. Etc.
Old 02-25-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Jadzia was always a favorite until Ezri came on and basically blew her (and Deanna Troi) out of the water. I still chuckle at the thought of her getting spacesick and ralphing on the helm controls.

If you want some more good Dax stories though, the novel The Lives of Dax is pretty interesting, and the DS9 "Invasion" novel has some neat ideas.