DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Monk 2/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/347162-monk-2-13-a.html)

MrX 02-13-04 10:38 PM

Monk 2/13

I thought this was a pretty good episode.

I thought they had a great balance of serious stuff and comedy. The scenes with the Captain and Monk relating about almost losing/losing a spouse was nice.

And the scenes with Monk in the psychiatrist office and the 50's restaurant were hilarious.

"check please":lol:

kvrdave 02-13-04 11:47 PM

Great episode. I hope there are more shows like this in the future on cable so that the networks wake up.

abintra 02-14-04 12:29 AM

I thought this was a superb episode.

Iron_Giant 02-14-04 04:16 AM

Originally posted by kvrdave
Great episode. I hope there are more shows like this in the future on cable so that the networks wake up.
I agree with 100%.

The only reason we have cable now is because of Monk.

We have HDTV that gets HD over the air for free and it looks great. In the past people went with cable because it looked better than cable. But, now the the picture quality is not the problem, it has to be the content of the shows.

USA Network has the other show we like, The Dead Zone. Both Dead Zone and Monk are well done shows that are very entertaining.

wearetheborg 02-14-04 05:01 AM

They are showing a repeat next week. Is that it for this season?

MrX 02-14-04 12:26 PM

Their's still 2 more episodes. 2/27 and 3/5 are the airdates.

I think season 3 starts over the summer.

Deftones 02-14-04 12:34 PM

When I saw Jesse James listed in the opening credits, I was excited to see how they'd work him into the show. It turns out Jesse James is the name of the kid actor who played the oldest son. Bastards! :lol:

I agree, though. Great episode, as it usually is. :up:

Patman 02-14-04 07:58 PM

Damn, this show is hilarious, even with the dramatic overtones of the captain's wife involved in sniper-influenced auto collision.

I almost lost it when Monk was running down the garbage truck, scaring the hell out of the garbagemen he encountered at the start of the episode, and then jumping on the truck and chucking bags of garbage on the street. The scene was comic genius.

Charlie Goose 02-14-04 08:49 PM

"What's the matter, Monk? Afraid I'm going to shoot him?"

"I would."

Wow! Another glimpse into Monk's tortured soul. I'm so glad this character wasn't turned into a cartoon.

"Stop it Adrian, or I'm going to spank you!"
"Are you talking to me or the dog?"
:lol:

TheNightFlier 02-14-04 11:09 PM

Defintiely another great episode for this show. It was great to see the bond between Monk and Stottlemeyer in this one. The little touch at the end where he evens up Stottlemeyer's hands when they're leaning against the car was perfect.

The little dialogue between them was great:
"I think you ought to give Lieutenant Disher your gun"
"What's the matter, Monk? Afraid I'm going to shoot him?"
"I would."

Buck Turgidson 02-15-04 12:58 AM

Sharona: "She did it?!?"

Monk: "No. I wish she had." :lol:

Ted Levine is such a great straight man for Shaloub.

MrN 02-15-04 02:31 AM

So far I'm finding this half-season very consistently good.

Next week is a repeat, but after that,
Spoiler:
Monk and Sharona pose as a married couple
- sounds good already.