DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   New Voltron in "hopefully" 2004 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/347084-new-voltron-hopefully-2004-a.html)

DVD Josh 02-13-04 02:14 PM

New Voltron in "hopefully" 2004

Taken from Voltronforce.com

It's been more than 3 years since the last Voltron Series (Voltron: the Third Dimesnion) was in production and the powers that be at WEP have decided that 3 years is long enough... Work is in progress on a 4th series tentatively named "Voltron Interactive" with a return to the classic look, yet spiffed up by today's technology and trend toward anime... Voltron will be back, hopefully sometime in 2004, to inspire a new generation through one of the greatest adventures ever...

Rogue588 02-13-04 02:23 PM

If it turns out anything like the "new" He-Man & Transformers series...let me be the first to -rolleyes-

Draven 02-13-04 02:36 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
If it turns out anything like the "new" He-Man & Transformers series...let me be the first to -rolleyes-
Hey now. I didn't stick with it, but He-Man was pretty good. A big improvement over the original anyway.

Now Transformers: Pokemon...that series does suck.

Morf 02-13-04 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Draven
Hey now. I didn't stick with it, but He-Man was pretty good. A big improvement over the original anyway.
The new He-Man was kick ass. End of story.

Bruce_S 02-13-04 04:31 PM

I watched a few episodes of the CGI Voltron and it was unbareable for me. I prefer the original and hope it will be release on dvd one day.

-bruce

Maxflier 02-13-04 07:43 PM

Originally posted by Bruce_S
I watched a few episodes of the CGI Voltron and it was unbareable for me. I prefer the original and hope it will be release on dvd one day.

-bruce

Ditto.

mikehunt 02-13-04 09:26 PM

speaking of voltron, did the vehicle version have a tv show or just toys?

clemente 02-14-04 12:21 AM

The new He-Man was good.....don't let the nostalgia of childhood fool you, the original wasn't that good. It doesn't rise up to the level of DC Comic adaptations, but its pretty good entertainment.

The new Transformers..bleh! I never got through the first episode, it was that bad. If you're going to go that route with a new Voltron, just don't and spare us all. The CGI one was bad enough.

Maybe the fact that they both debuted within weeks of each other links them as garbage in people's mind.

RaMMaR 02-14-04 02:16 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt
speaking of voltron, did the vehicle version have a tv show or just toys?

They also had a T.V. show - i believe it occured in the same timeline. During the run of the show, there were even some references to the "lions" by one of the young members of the "vehicles" who happened to be Pidge's (Green Lion) cousin. If i remember correctly, there was a crossover as well, near the end of the series.

Rogue588 02-14-04 03:16 PM

Originally posted by clemente
The new He-Man was good.....don't let the nostalgia of childhood fool you, the original wasn't that good. It doesn't rise up to the level of DC Comic adaptations, but its pretty good entertainment.
Actually...I don't have to rely on nostalgia. I admit I hadn't seen any eps since I was younger. But, a couple of days ago I downloaded a DVD of some old He-Man eps. Granted, the storylines were simple, but I really didn't have a problem with that. Nor did I mind the animation. It bothers me when someone tries to dismiss these shows by saying it's nostalgia or basically a 20 minute toy commercial [and this isn't directed towards you in particular clemente. i've seen these comments before] The stories are simple, but entertaining. With most, there's some sort of moral lession [in case you miss it, a main character reiterates it at the end of the episode]

Of course, this is MO. Yours can [and do] vary.

Anyways, back on semi-topic. For those who collect the Voltron comic...they're planning a crossover between the Lions & the Vehicles.