Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance 02/09

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-04, 11:02 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance 02/09

Funniest reality show on television, hands down. My laughing fits really exploded when the Randi and Steve's families met.

Great moments:

- Panic attack on the highway.

- "I stole the vase from the dining room!"

- "Do the Moose! Moose, Moose, Moose, Moose!"

- "My favorite sport is dodgeball."

- "I got so wasted, I walked into my mother-in-law's bedroom and peed all over her bed. She woke up in a pool of my urine. That's when I decided to stop drinking."

- Anything Steve's depressed, suicidal sister said or did. The noose was a nice touch.

The previews looked great again. The entire Coey family looks to be really pissed. For those who missed it tonight, it always repeats on Thursday night.
Old 02-09-04, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The previews made the Dad out to be the worst, but he's actually probably the most supportive of the whole family so far.

Gotta love how Steve can just flip that switch. I think Randi actually was kind of digging him that first night and next morning. Notice now how she holds his hand (even when there's no family around), laughs at his jokes, and doesn't avoid eye contact? I'm not saying she wants him, but she doesn't seem to loathe him anymore.

She's really loosened up, which is good. The way she was at first, there'd be no way she would have made it through the show without an ulcer.

Anyone else think Steve's sister completely overplays her role? Geez, dial it back a notch or two and you'll still be plenty weird.
Old 02-10-04, 12:20 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
His dad's drinking story was hilarious

Her older brothers face when they said the wedding was in 3 days was priceless. I was waiting for his head to explode.

I agree that the sister is going overboard.
Old 02-10-04, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder how Randi can convince her family of the wedding after tonight's fiasco.

Did anyone catch Randi's dad has a grin on his face? Is that the look of someone who is holding back his anger or is he amused of Steve's family? For a second, I thought maybe dad was in on the whole joke. I don't think the rest of the Coy family knows about the joke based on their reaction. But I get a feeling Randi's dad seems to know something.
Old 02-10-04, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Caught 20 minutes or so of this while I was eating and nothing else was on (I've never enjoyed the reality crap)... but this was pretty damn funny. It's clearly the mix of reality / acting that I enjoyed. Is this how most people have felt? And have most of the episodes been this good?

Of course, I only watched a portion of it, and there were still some dry moments, but overall, I definitely enjoyed it.
Old 02-10-04, 02:30 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by JonTurner
And have most of the episodes been this good?
I actually thought this was the weakest so far just because he had to spend time behaving around the family so he didn't blow it. You turned in a week to late. Last week when she was introduced to his "family" was alot better then tonight's and tonight's was still good.
Old 02-10-04, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I get a really creepy incestual vibe from Pat. I think he loves his sister a little "too" much. I definitely thought her dad would flip out more; I was surprised how much her siblings did flip out. Definitely should be an interesting next few episodes.
Old 02-10-04, 03:03 AM

I think Randi's brother is just protective of her. He just didn't want her make the mistake by marrying someone so quickly.
Old 02-10-04, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Steve's sisters obssession with dying is pretty funny

And what's with that Coy family they all look like little people??
Old 02-10-04, 04:56 AM

Not to be overly mean,but maybe Randi's family can get a good group discount on nose jobs.
Old 02-10-04, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Doesn't anyone talk about Fear Factor or Average Joe 2 here in tvtalk? I didn't see threads about em but they were on tonight... strange. I tried to watch this episode of fat fiance, but I was being hassled on the phone.
Old 02-10-04, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Steve's sister is overacting WAAAAY too much. If anything would tip you off your being set-up, it would be her.

Is it just me or do the Coys seem a bit too uptight. I can understand being polite, respectful, and such, but do they ever let their hair down? Even her younger brother and sister seem to stuffy for me..
Old 02-10-04, 07:11 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I maintain my theory from last week:
Spoiler:
Randi's dad is in on it. I'm guessing the producers needed an "inside man," and who better than the family patriarch?

What I don't know is whether the rest of her family is on it, or if the actors even know.
Old 02-10-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Funniest line from the episode...

"Steve pulled me to the side and he wanted to talk to me about something...

...it was personal"

Does anyone else get REALLY anxious during this show, maybe because to my gf (ok, fiance's) family I AM STEVE (oh, and they ARE the Coy's)
Old 02-10-04, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I am getting the feeling that Randi's family is a little elitist, especially with the comments the younger brother made.
Old 02-10-04, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
Doesn't anyone talk about Fear Factor or Average Joe 2 here in tvtalk? I didn't see threads about em but they were on tonight... strange. I tried to watch this episode of fat fiance, but I was being hassled on the phone.
I watched both Fear Factor and Average Joe 2. If you don't see a thread about it, just start one yourself.
Old 02-10-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone else see the preview for "The Littlest Groom". Everyone has a fascination with midgets!!!!!
Old 02-10-04, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
This show is way more fun than it has any right to be, primarily because the "bride" and her family are such jerks that you don't feel bad watching Fox screw with them.

My favorite part was when Steve had his panic attack on the highway, and they cut back and forth between Randi being a total bitch to him ("Come on, Steve. Get up.") and her interview ("He was freaking out and I was just trying to be supportive and help him through it.").

I also loved Steve's "Dad's" story of why he decided to quit drinking. "I peed in my mother-in-law's bed, and when she woke up the next morning, she thought it was her own urine!"

Fox will cement this show's place in television history if Steve's sistser (Kristine) tries to sleep with one of Randi's brothers. Or her sister.
Old 02-10-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
The previews showed the family completely rejecting Steve, but they seemed to really like Steve when he was putting on his charming show. It was only after his antics playing croquet (people really play that?) that they got mad that they were engaged.
Old 02-10-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was hoping at some point along the way, part of the plan would be to tell Randi's parents that she was pregnant. Of course, Steve's confession about not being intimate ruined any chance of that. It would be priceless to hear her family's reaction to a little Steve being in the family.
Old 02-10-04, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, who the hell is that host. She looks like she fell asleep in a tanning bed and woke up in a makeup factory. Yuck!!!
Old 02-10-04, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by cdollaz
BTW, who the hell is that host. She looks like she fell asleep in a tanning bed and woke up in a makeup factory. Yuck!!!

I thought the same exact thing!

On topic:

Steve is hilarious. His "dad" is even more hilarious.
Old 02-10-04, 01:01 PM

And have most of the episodes been this good?
I agree that previous episodes have been much more funny than this last one.

This is surprisingly the funniest show on TV right now.

Did anyone else see the preview for "The Littlest Groom". Everyone has a fascination with midgets!!!!!
Maybe they got one of Randi's brothers to stay on with fox. From behind they look like little trolls.
Old 02-10-04, 01:04 PM

One thing I keep having to reassure my wife of, is that they have shown clips of both families at the wedding and Randi in a gown, so we know that Randi at least gets them to the wedding.
I liked the way "Joe Schmo" kept you wondering how long would the joke last...

Steve to the brother:
"Dropping your kids off at the pool"

I love how Randi is crying and saying how awful this is, when it is her who is doing this to herself and her family!

Steve is great though. Has anyone seen him in the Hungry Man ads?
Old 02-10-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by guywall

Steve to the brother:
"Dropping your kids off at the pool"
I had to take a second take when he said that. Classic.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.