DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor Pool (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/344138-survivor-pool.html)

Cusm 01-29-04 04:40 PM

Survivor Pool

Cusm - Jenna L./<s>Alicia</s>
<s>Spaceboy - Tom/Kathy</s>
Renee - Rob M./<s>Ethan</s>
Jay77 - <s>Jerri</s>/Amber
<s>Tommy Harn - Richard/Colby</s>
Astrochimp - Rupert/<s>Lex</s>
<s>Patman - Jenna M./Shii Ann</s>
<s>briank - Rob C./Tina</s>
<s>dstrauss - Susan/Rudy</s>

2/1 - Tina
2/5 - Rudy
2/12 - Jenna M.
2/19 - Rob C. briank is the first one out of the pool.
2/26 - Richard Hatch
3/4 - Sue dstrauss is the 2nd dvdtalker out of the pool.
3/11 - Colby and the third dvdtalker out of the pool is Tommy Harn.
3/17 - Ethan
4/1 - Jerri - Renee, Jay77 and Patman are hanging on, will one of them be the next to go on 4/8?
4/8 - Lex
4/15 - Kathy
4/22 - Alicia
4/29 - Shii Ann
5/6 - Big Tom

I just got in a Survivor Pool at work, it was $5 a person, drawn randomly. I have Tom and Colby, I hope Colby goes one more spot then he did last time.

DamDavila 01-29-04 07:29 PM

How did the random draw work exactly?

Cusm 01-30-04 09:15 AM

Name in "hat" first person (that entered) pulled - or had pulled - a name drawn, and so on.

SpaceBoy 01-30-04 09:49 AM

I had boston rob in our our pool for 5 a person, but traded him for Tom, I loved that guy in the first one, but he's prob to nice a guy to actually win. If you orgranize one, I"ll be happy to get in another..

briank 01-30-04 10:06 AM

Originally posted by SpaceBoy
I had boston rob in our our pool for 5 a person, but traded him for Tom, I loved that guy in the first one, but he's prob to nice a guy to actually win. If you orgranize one, I"ll be happy to get in another..
which Rob?

Spoiler:
I heard that one of the Rob's is a favorite to be one of the final 2

SpaceBoy 01-30-04 10:25 AM

Oh.. ha Oh well. I had Rob M I think, the one that was from Boston.. I figured he would prob get far, but I liked the Tom guy, and wanted somebody to root for that I liked. :)

Cusm 01-30-04 12:31 PM

Okay I am waiting to hear back from Groucho, but I will start this pool for the first 17 people interested. We can do it for @5 or @10 per person, or maybe the @bank will sponsor this event, worst case I will put up some @ to sponsor this. There are only 18 max spots and once full I will randomly pull the Survivors name out of a hat and go down the list to get your survivor, ie. I am first on so I get first drawn, Spaceboy gets the second name drew, and so on. Once your survivor is voted off, so are you, last one wins.

So far I have these people in.
Cusm
Spaceboy
Renee
Jay77
Tommy Harn

SpaceBoy 01-30-04 01:14 PM

Cool. Yeah, or we can all just paypal you the money to hold onto. The way my work one is, it's 80/20 split, so the 2nd place guy gets a little bit.

If we can't get enough, we can always do it, where we get more people each or something. I would say we do it for 5 or 10 each too, that's good..

Renee 01-30-04 01:31 PM

I'd be interested in playing.

I'd be willing to go $5 or $10 and could paypal the organizer the money. Should make this round a bit more interesting!

Perhaps we should add in a bit extra for fees if we go the paypal route? If the organizer has a premier account, he/she shouldn't get shortchanged. Unless he/she just pays out whatever the net amount comes to.

Count me in!

Cusm 01-30-04 02:14 PM

I am not opposed, but I am trying to stay away from real money, as I do not want to be responsible for $100-200 for months, and I do not want to break any forum rules. This is why I suggested Otter droppings. If more people (and no probs w/ the mods) want to do it for $$ we can do it that way too.

SpaceBoy 01-30-04 02:32 PM

I have no otter droppings :( If mods and everybody has no problem with money, I can take it, and leave it my account if you don't want Cusm. :)

Patman 01-30-04 02:44 PM

I'd take Rob from Season 6 (when Jenna won).

astrochimp 01-30-04 06:20 PM

I'd take Amber ;)

dstrauss 01-30-04 09:17 PM

The rumor is:

Spoiler:
Boston Rob and Amber are the final two.

jay77a 01-31-04 08:39 AM

I want in. But if were going to do this we need to ban any and all spoilers from the thread. I like to be surprised. There will definitely be Survivor threads that people can post spoilers in. Oh, and I don't have any otter droppings either. I'm in for $5 or $10 though.

BTW, just a thought, but why doesn't everybody just hold on to there money and then paypal or mail the winner after the contest. I think most people here seem pretty cool. And if someone doesn't end up paying up at the end we can just mock him/her for months.

Tommy_Harn 01-31-04 08:48 AM

Count me in. I don't have a paypal account, though. As long as that doesn't matter, or if its easy to set one up, I'm there.

jay77a 01-31-04 04:41 PM

C'mon....Nobody wants to play? This could be a fun thread!

Cusm 02-01-04 06:37 PM

Okay I will put up @20 (twenty otter-droppings) to the 1st place winner and @10 to the 2nd place. I took the 9 people that seemed interested in this and randomly drew from a hat 2 contestants each. Here is who is in and whom they have.

Cusm - Jenna L./Alicia
Spaceboy - Tom/Kathy
Renee - Rob M./Ethan
Jay77 - Jerri/Amber
Tommy Harn - Richard/Colby
Astrochimp - Rupert/Lex
Patman - Jenna M./Shii Ann
briank - Rob C./<s>Tina</s>
dstrauss - Susan/<s>Rudy</s>

If anyone wants out let me know. I will make a better chart/post tomorrow when I have time.

auto 02-03-04 06:14 PM

Originally posted by Cusm

Jay77 - Jerri/Amber

is this still on?

-jay77

briank 02-03-04 08:52 PM

Originally posted by Cusm
Okay I will put up @20 (twenty otter-droppings) to the 1st place winner and @10 to the 2nd place. I took the 9 people that seemed interested in this and randomly drew from a hat 2 contestants each. Here is who is in and whom they have.

Cusm - Jenna L./Alicia
Spaceboy - Tom/Kathy
Renee - Rob M./Ethan
Jay77 - Jerri/Amber
Tommy Harn - Richard/Colby
Astrochimp - Rupert/Lex
Patman - Jenna M./Shii Ann
briank - Rob C./Tina
dstrauss - Susan/Rudy

If anyone wants out let me know. I will make a better chart/post tomorrow when I have time.

I guess I took a hit quick!

auto 02-04-04 11:04 AM

At least you didn't end up with TWO of the most annoying beotches on the show.

Hell, I might even be up for trading you Jerri for Tina. ;)

jay77

SpaceBoy 02-04-04 11:20 AM

Cool. I got Tom in both my polls now. That guy is pretty funny to me, although I do think I shouldn't haven't traded rob in my other pool for money, he seems like he's going to be around for awhile..

Cusm 02-06-04 09:03 AM

And Rudy is the next voted off, I think they would have been smarter to dump Jerri instead, bu toh well.

auto 02-06-04 02:13 PM

Too bad. Rudy was one of favorite characters. I almost would of rather seen one of my people go then him.

Tommy_Harn 02-06-04 02:17 PM

Cool, I must have missed this. Some good picks, I guess.

So, what do I need to do?