DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   American Idol - Season 3 - Audition Night 5 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/344000-american-idol-season-3-audition-night-5-a.html)

Patman 01-28-04 11:30 PM

American Idol - Season 3 - Audition Night 5

"Hawaii"

I didn't really enjoy the ones that made it through (i.e. slim pickings).

The bad audtions were pretty bad. The guy doing the Paula Abdul song was bloody awful.

It's annoying to watch the judges fawn over someone that I don't think sound good at all (like the waitress). Plus Simon trying to score disinterest points with the model was pretty lame.

The recap of the worst from the 5 cities had me ROTFLMMFAO.

William Hung for President. He rocks....or bangs...

Deftones 01-29-04 12:07 AM

On one of the previews for the upcoming segment, Simon said something about being one of the best singers so far in any of the auditions. But, they don't show that part in the actual show. What's up with that?

Groucho 01-29-04 12:14 AM

They are playing the auditions of some of the Hollywood Qualifiers that they haven't shown yet on Monday.

Man, you could spot that Mormon dude a mile away. He stood out like a sore thumb. Nice voice, though.

MJKTool 01-29-04 12:18 AM

I cant believe they let that dude through who sings through his nose. These 3 are on crack sometimes I think.

Charlie Goose 01-29-04 12:24 AM

The "pen salesman" and his tie with shortsleeves looked like he was going to be one of the bombs, until he started to sing. Looks can be deceiving.

monkyskunk 01-29-04 12:32 AM

Re: American Idol - Season 3 - Audition Night 5

Originally posted by Patman
The recap of the worst from the 5 cities had me ROTFLMMFAO.

William Hung for President. He rocks....or bangs...

I didn't think it was going to have the same effect on me the second time around but that recap was great. I wish I had recorded it, since I was ROTFLMMFAO as well. I am hoping that they replay that again in a future episode.

Vonner 01-29-04 12:34 AM

Re: Re: American Idol - Season 3 - Audition Night 5

Originally posted by monkyskunk
I didn't think it was going to have the same effect on me the second time around but that recap was great. I wish I had recorded it...
Wanna see it again. Look at this thread...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=343974

Laertes 01-29-04 06:35 AM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
The "pen salesman" and his tie with shortsleeves looked like he was going to be one of the bombs, until he started to sing. Looks can be deceiving.
Anyone know where I can see this? The station I was watching it on showed him right before and right after the audition, but no singing. Did they even show him singing?

Vegas9203 01-29-04 07:10 AM

"You know, I don't have any professional training for singing."

Simon: "Well, there's the surprise of the century!"

That was my favorite part!

Patman 01-29-04 07:57 AM

The response of the judges by the really bad auditions is what makes me laugh hardily, watching the judges lose their composure does it for me. That's some good stuff.

Gil Jawetz 01-29-04 09:16 AM

I wish they'd bring William Hong back at some point to do She Bangs with a full musical accompaniment and whole hog production values. I think people would love it and he'd have a ball. Come on folks! Do it!

bigsoos 01-29-04 09:26 AM

at least the guy had a great attitude about it right? he wasn't like that butter faced kid in Houston that threw water at Simon.

Goldberg74 01-29-04 10:19 AM

Originally posted by Grouch094820 & 5/17
Man, you could spot that Mormon dude a mile away. He stood out like a sore thumb. Nice voice, though.
My wife and I sat there saying to each other, 'You think he goes to BYU-Hawaii?" ;)

fujishig 01-30-04 12:20 PM

I wonder why they chose Hawaii. Don't get me wrong, I'm from there, but I wouldn't think the turnout would be as good as in a state on the Mainland. And they did the whole show around it (with recaps).

I guess it is exotic and is a good location. And it was touching to see all of the family support, which really represents the culture. Plus the judges seemed to be in a much better mood... I think half the people we saw make it through would've been fodder in LA or Houston.

mphtrilogy 01-30-04 02:01 PM

I think it was a reward to the Judges for putting up with about a 1% pass thru percentage in the states.

Willie Hung has got to come back, he is The American Idol this year!!

MJKTool 01-30-04 02:08 PM

Yes!! Bring back William Hung!!

duy37 01-30-04 03:49 PM

i just downloaded 2 videos of William Hung's mesmorizing performance...oh my goodness i haven't laughed this hard in 4 years. thank you william hung, you have inspired me.

i don't watch AI, but I might just have to get a season pass for this on my tivo.

Fok 01-30-04 05:00 PM

She Bangs! She Bangs!

:rotfl:

ecarland 01-31-04 03:14 PM

Originally posted by duy37
i just downloaded 2 videos of William Hung's mesmorizing performance...oh my goodness i haven't laughed this hard in 4 years. thank you william hung, you have inspired me.

i don't watch AI, but I might just have to get a season pass for this on my tivo.

Where did you get the 2 videos all I could find is the audition one which is here is a william hung website

ecarland 01-31-04 04:11 PM

Can anyone here find the whole Scat Girl audition? I found a clip at the usa todays website

USA TODAY

Travis Bickle 02-03-04 12:59 PM

I can't seem to get this to download.....has anyone else had any luck?