TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 1/28/04 - Delete

Old 01-28-04, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Smallville 1/28/04 - Delete

Spoiler:
Clark and Lana each make an attempt on Chloe's life for unknown reasons after they receive a mysterious e-mail from the Sommerholt Institute. Clark must discover the source of these e-mails after Chloe reveals she has uncovered proof that they are doing mind-control research at the lab and realizes they must be trying to kill her in order to prevent her from writing an expose. Meanwhile, Lana decides to rent the apartment above the café to Adam even though she feels he is hiding something dangerous about his past.

Good Lord.. has it come to this already?
Old 01-28-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow!!!

Spoiler:
As revealed in the opening minutes: Chloe IS Lois Lane!
Old 01-28-04, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by GuessWho
Wow!!!

Spoiler:
As revealed in the opening minutes: Chloe IS Lois Lane!
no,
Spoiler:
they are cousins
Old 01-28-04, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I guess my guess about Chloe might turn out to be true...

Spoiler:
Chloe does have a cousin named Lois Lane and since she's been blackballed at the Daily Planet, she's using "Lois Lane" as her nom de plume.

And I suspect Adam might just be:

Spoiler:
Bruce Wayne

Glad to see Missy Peregrym get some work on this episode (she was on Black Sash last season).
Old 01-28-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman

Spoiler:
Bruce Wayne

That would be awesome, if they could explain it.
Old 01-28-04, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You may be right about the Lois thing. I had my suspicions about that since last season. But it would thouroughly screw any ability to sync up Smallville with the rest of the Superman Timeline.

Chloe vs Lana in the shower

Hot to Molly

Dave Matthews song playing at the Talon
Old 01-28-04, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just when i think this episode is kind of disposable, they tie it into the bigger story of Lex's Shock Therapy.

Oh man, Scenes for next week!

Spoiler:
I wonder if it's Jonathan's heart
Old 01-28-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

and shit, I missed the episode (I knew the twist since it was "spoiled" in tv guide). any chance for a re airing?
Old 01-28-04, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wasn't too thrilled about this episode. It felt like the director went for this Matrix-meets-Hitchcock vibe and it just didn't work very well.

The reveal about Chole's little "secret" was interesting. I don't know why, but her character is becoming more interesting to me this season than the previous two.
Old 01-28-04, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nice catfight, but shouldn't Lana a be bit scuffed up, too? Nice to see the two wet n' wild.

It was yet another episode with the proverbial moment where Chloe breaks down and cries to Clark about something or another. But at least they seemed to have patched up things...for now.

Chloe's reference about cousin Lois having zero interest in journalism might play a key part in the storyline much later. It might suggest, since just about everyone seems to think Chloe's fate is doomed, that Lois only gets into journalism to honor/carry the tradition for Chloe. Then again, maybe Lois ends up getting a big job at the Daily Planet because people assume she was writing the articles that Chloe really wrote?

The writers need to drop that "you don't know what it's like to be different" stuff. We get it already.
Old 01-28-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
Spoiler:
Bruce Wayne
I guess I don't see it. I know it might fit the whole
Spoiler:
Bruce Wayne
mode, but it's a somewhat radical change from the comic books. (yes, I know Smallville is a change too, but to bring in a teenaged version of another superhero? It doesn't add up to me.)
Old 01-28-04, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Adam Knight is Martian Manhunter. The missing parts of his life are his origins on the Red Planet, he knows all those skills/arts by his mental telepathy, and he uses his shapeshifting ability to turn into Chloe and feel himself up. Man oh man oh manischeitz, those are some nice snoobages...

COLD MEDICINE MAKES YOU EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Bruce Wayne bit was hinted at by interviews with the producers of the show before the season, and after watching Adam for these few episode, it just seem right that the producers/writers did their best to try and sneak him under the viewer's nose.

I've always maintained that Chloe seemed to be the prototype to the girl/woman that Lois is to Clark in his adult years, and now the writers have slipped Chloe under our nose as well all this time with her using "Lois Lane" as a pen name. Now, whether it'll be Chloe and Clark that play this game in Metropolis later in their lives, or Chloe's cousin that enters the picture later, who's knows?
Old 01-28-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah they left the whole Chloe name thing where it could be interepreted either way. Good episode.
Old 01-28-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Adam (West). (Dark) Knight. Batman. Hmmmm....
Old 01-28-04, 09:19 PM

This episode was much better than I thought it was going to be based on last week's previews and the commercials they've been running all week.

The whole bit about Chloe using "Lois Lane" as her pen name was certainly interesting and will lead to all kinds of speculation as to whether it's her or her cousin who becomes THAT "Lois Lane."

Anyone else wondering if Chloe wants to ask Clark why his dad was punching him with the meteorite rock and why it was glowing?

About the whole Adam Knight = Bruce Wayne thing, I can't remember but didn't Adam say his parents died? Anyone remember specifically how? I seem to remember something about a burning house, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and just because it's fun to speculate:

Adam Knight

Adam West + Dark Knight = Batman?

Edited to add: Shoot, too slow...
Old 01-28-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

uh, what? Chloe is the cousin of Lois Lane? When the F did that happen? Jesus, this show is getting worse and worse.
Old 01-28-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lara Means
uh, what? Chloe is the cousin of Lois Lane?
Yep -- and Chloe is using "Lois Lane" as her pen-name as she continues to secretly submit articles to the Daily Planet (since the real Lois has no interest in journalism)
Old 01-28-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK OK, Adam Knight isn't Martian Manhunter.

He's Matter-Eater Lad.

Count on it.
Old 01-28-04, 09:35 PM

Enjoyed the epsiode. I liked the Chloe / Lois Lane angle, and Lex getting back into action.

The one part that bothered me was the results of the fight between Lana and Chloe. I guess attacking someone with an axe only gets you suspended from school at Smallville High. Maybe I'm being too picky.

I hope they stay with the mythology type of episodes through the remaining season.
Old 01-28-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
The only thing I was thinking when Chloe gave Pencil-boy her "cousins" name was "If she's going to be going after Lionel at some point, why the HELL would she use her cousin's name?!!? Lionel would track her down and make her disappear in a heartbeat..."
Old 01-28-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I like the angle the show is taking w/ Chloe and "Lois Lane". It leaves the door open for a couple of possibilities - as mentioned above.

I thought it was a really good episode and I really enjoyed the fight between the girls. Best fight they have had in a while.

Patman - like the speculation in regards to Adam Knight. Very interesting.

It would be nice to see Clark/Chloe move on w/ their friendship and Clark not have to worry about her snooping around behind his back.

The ending w/ Lex was good, too - you knew something was going to come of his meeting up w/ the man behind the Sommerholt Institute.

I hope Molly comes back some day.
Old 01-28-04, 11:02 PM

Okay, who is the actress who played Molly? She looks familiar. Give me a name, so I can IMDB her!

Chris
Old 01-28-04, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Poor Pete.. did he even have an appearance?
Old 01-28-04, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by devilshalo
Poor Pete.. did he even have an appearance?
He was in the Torch office at the school after the computers were taken. He told Chloe what happened and that was it.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.