Reload this Page >

Gimore Girls 1/27/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gimore Girls 1/27/04

Old 01-28-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gimore Girls 1/27/04

The episode started slowly (or uninterestingly), but as the "Lane breaking free from her mother's apron" storyline started to catch steam, and it does present some voice to the "over-protective parent" issue that teens on the cusp of adulthood have to deal with if they are to find themselves and their own voice.

Luke and Lorelai are cute when they are in cahoots on a mission. When will Luke ditch the lawyer?

Rory's definitely inherited Lorelai's gene for self-inflicted self-centered drama.
Old 01-28-04, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
I thought it was a really great episode.

Lane has always been one of my favorite characters and it was nice to see her take center stage.

I think that on any other show, Lane's mom would have relented to her daughter. But not here. Mrs. Kim was obviously hurt, but that wasn't enough to let Lane "make the rules." I'll be curious to see where this goes.

Oh and next week:
Spoiler:
Jess returns I hate Jess.
Old 01-28-04, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really good episode. It was great for the writers to finally acknowledge Lorelai's and Rory's flaws. I loved it when Luke told Lorelai it wasn't all about "her" and when Rory told Lorelai she was acting "like a 4-year old." Plus, I liked how Rory was made to feel by that guy--usually she has always gotten every guy she ever batted her eyes at so it is good (and realistic) to see her taken down a notch.

I love this show but the only thing I find annoying sometimes is Lorelai's self-centeredness and immaturity, and Rory seems to take after her in a lot of those respects. I liked that the writers were finally addressing that.

Loved seeing Lane finally getting some screentime and finally confronting her mother. That scene with her mom in the bedroom-- she displayed tons of maturity and it was very brave of her to lay it all out. Something I think Mrs. Kim needs to realize is that Lane is now at the age where she could be be considered a legal adult. If she was in Rory's situation and away at college, she would have oodles of freedom at her age. I hope they have Lane move in with Lorelai. That way we'd see Lane more often and it would help Lorelai from being so lonely for Rory.

I wonder if they are setting it up so that Rory and Lane will have an apartment together next year?
Old 01-28-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor Lane I was actually beginning to think that her mom was going to relent and let her bend some of the rules. Oh well, this new storyline should be interesting.

Good episode.
Old 01-28-04, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

for Sebastian Bach again, I find his character hilarious.

My favorite bit was the priest guy coming in, arching his eyebrow at the crowbar, then saying "Oh thank god"
Old 01-28-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My favorite line was "God, the Strokes are so over-exposed-- even on walls."

Old 01-28-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Did anyone notice that the market was having a sale on aspirin and earplugs?

That made me laugh.
Old 01-28-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by Meatpants
My favorite bit was the priest guy coming in, arching his eyebrow at the crowbar, then saying "Oh thank god"
That line was hilarious. It's a bad sign when even the priest wants the church bells silenced. Lane's storyline was great because she's a great character. Guess we'll have to see if Lane moves in with Rory or Lorelai though I'm guessing the latter. Can you imagine how Lane and Paris would get along?
Old 01-28-04, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Meatpants
[BMy favorite bit was the priest guy coming in, arching his eyebrow at the crowbar, then saying "Oh thank god" [/B]
My favorite part, too.

Also loved the fact that Lane finally told her mom the truth - I hope she moves in with Lorelai or Rory so we get to see more of her.
Old 01-28-04, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is anyone else secretly wishing that Lane decides to go back to the purple hair now that everything is out in the open?
Old 01-28-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The best part of the show was definitely when the minister walked in on Luke and Lorelai getting ready to sabotage the hated church bells. His "Oh, Thank God!" reaction was spot on perfect. And Sookie's baby starting to cry before the bells even start.

Good to see the "real" Lane finally come out of her hiding place for her mom to see who she really is. Mrs. Kim will be a hard ass for a while, but eventually she will make piece w/ who her daughter is - well at least I would hope so. I see her moving in w/ Lorelai until her and her mother make up.

I did like how they pointed out Lorelai/Rory's self-centered tendencies.

Back to Luke/Lorelai - it was really good to see them back on screen together. Those two have excellent chemistry.
Old 01-28-04, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by WarriorPrincess
Also loved the fact that Lane finally told her mom the truth - I hope she moves in with Lorelai or Rory so we get to see more of her.
It wouldn't be very believable if she moved in with Rory since Rory is in the Yale dorms.
Old 01-28-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lorelai: "I don't know what to do."

Rory: "Ever read The Bell Jar?"

Lorelai: "NOT funny!"
Old 01-29-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The bells reminded Miss Patty of her first "romantic" experience and Rory thought it was a first kiss