24 "Day 3: 11:00 PM-12:00 AM" -- 01.27.2004

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Day 3: 11:00 PM-12:00 AM

Playing one of TV's most beguiling villains, Penny Johnson Jerald returns as the president's ex-wife Sherry Palmer, who, along with nasty Nina Myers (Sarah Clarke), who recently reappeared, gives 24 a doubly devilish blast from the past. While Nina tests Jack's resolve in Mexico, Sherry is summoned by Palmer to do what she does best: fight dirty. She goes up against one of the president's supporters, who's now a political threat---and she gets quick results. Meanwhile, dissension between the Salazars threatens Jack's operation.
Don't really have anything to say. Just that time seems to fly by real fast when this show is on...
Old 01-27-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eh.

I wasn't into this episode that much. Don't know why. I guess all the events that happened just seemed obvious. Especially
Spoiler:
Hector getting shot.
Old 01-27-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like Kim's skills as an au pair got her a promotion at CTU.
Old 01-27-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, chloe really gets on my nerves. Decent episode, nothing too great.
Old 01-27-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This was one of the worst episodes of 24 I've ever seen. Even Sherry coming back couldn't elevate it above complete suckiness. First of all, this baby subplot has gotta go. I thought Oliver on The O.C. was annoying, but Chloe is in her own league. I've maintained all along that her continued presence on the show was the producers' desperate attempt to make Kim seem more tolerable by comparison, and maybe that's working. But the bottom line is we're stuck with a person who appears to serve no purpose in the show's narrative and pisses off both the viewers and the other characters.

Secondly, enough with the "tease" episodes. And by that, I mean quit spending an entire hour hyping up the events in next week's show. All I heard tonight was Sherry telling Palmer that she couldn't reveal the big secret of his political enemy....yet. And that the meeting to exchange the virus is scheduled in "an hour and ten minutes" which places it conveniently at the end of the next episode. Well that's great. So why am I bothering to tune in this week? And don't get me started on that ending. Like anyone couldn't see that coming a mile away with the Salazars bitching at each other for 10 minutes straight.

Damn it! Every show I've religiously watched over the last few years is letting me down this season. Angel has gone into the tank. 24 is having its worst year to date. Curb Your Enthusiasm isn't as funny anymore. Alias is at least still mildly entertaining, and a lot of its lost momentum is due to offscreen issues(*cough*Lena Olin*cough*) rather than bad writing. Still, these folks need to shape up. I have no doubt that The O.C. will bounce back since a certain annoying character won't be around much longer, but 24 is still meandering and we're almost at the halfway point of the season.
Old 01-27-04, 09:28 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Kill Kim and the baby at the same time. Maybe they can be eaten by a mountain lion.
Old 01-27-04, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by BandoButters
Kill Kim and the baby at the same time. Maybe they can be eaten by a mountain lion.
I thought it was revealed that the mountain lion was a mole..?
Originally posted by Doughboy
Damn it! Every show I've religiously watched over the last few years is letting me down this season. Angel has gone into the tank. 24 is having its worst year to date. Curb Your Enthusiasm isn't as funny anymore. Alias is at least still mildly entertaining, and a lot of its lost momentum is due to offscreen issues(*cough*Lena Olin*cough*) rather than bad writing.
Gotta disagree with your comments about Angel and Alias. Angel's been pretty good and IMO Alias' problems aren't due to Lena...it's the bad writing.

[/OT]
Old 01-27-04, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Chloe left for 15 minutes to search for some Pickapeppa sauce.

I've said it before, and I'll say it over and over again: CHLOE IS GOING TO EAT THAT BABY!!!!
Old 01-27-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
There was practically no plot progression in this episode, one of the few true "filler" episodes I've seen in the series.

But 'eh, wasn't horrible just not too good.
Old 01-27-04, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by BandoButters
Alls I's got to say is, last season Kim got caught in a bear trap... this season she has been snared by the Parent Trap.

p.s. BandOButters - NICE SCREEN NAME, BoB!
Originally posted by RichC2
There was practically no plot progression in this episode, one of the few true "filler" episodes I've seen in the series.
Two words - FEBRUARY SWEEPS. Typical episode before it too...

Last edited by rfduncan; 01-27-04 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-28-04, 12:18 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
meh

You could start to see the end was near for Hector a few episodes ago.
Old 01-28-04, 03:33 AM
Cool New Member

LOL.

I can't wait to find out what the "Chagrin Falls" thing is seeing that I live right next to there. I hadn't heard of them filming anything out here...but who knows if they even mean the town in Ohio.

Chandler
Old 01-28-04, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My God is Kim annoying.

Sherry Palmer returns!
Old 01-28-04, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Did anyone else notice when they flashed Nina Meyers' drivers licence up on the screen at CTU that it was actually actresses Sarah Clarke's REAL driver's license?

You could see the name "Sarah" next to her picture! I guess someone missed that when putting together the episode!

Also for those of you who missed the Golden Globes Red Carpet interviews, Elisha let slip that
Spoiler:
Kim and Jack team up somehow
toward the end of this season.
Old 01-28-04, 05:20 AM

wait what happened in the end i fell asleep with like 10-15 minutes to go in it. Did Hector die? Did Jack relocate the prisoner that was being held?

Last edited by Hubcap; 01-28-04 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-28-04, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Yep Hector bit the big one by gettign shot in the back by his brother. I think everybody saw that one coming a mile away. The only thing good about this episode was the arrival of Sherry (she's evil but I like the character) since that hopefully means the Pres will become interesting again.

Chloe and the baby have got to go!!! This is almost as bad as last year's mountain lion.
Old 01-28-04, 07:10 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I say keep the baby! Reading everybody's complaints about it is entertainment in and of itself.
Old 01-28-04, 07:31 AM

No, i hope chapelle kicks her out of ctu. Its gotta happen. Shes going to get caught again and gonna get the big boooot. Kim is gonna take over for her and become a bigger part of ctu. There is not way shes leaving anytime soon considering shes hot. And Jack cant lose his daughter and wife can he?
Old 01-28-04, 07:58 AM

I, too, saw the Hector thing coming a mile away, but thought it wouldn't happen until next week, right before the sale. I thought the teaser for next week would suggest that one of the two brothers would be shot.

Actually, the end was kind of a letdown for me. What I thought would happen in the last few seconds of the show was...

Spoiler:
One of the two brothers, either being suspicious of Jack or perhaps being prompted by Nina, would hit "redial" on Jack's phone (the one that was in his pocket when he called CTU), CTU would answer thinking it's Jack, Jack would be freaked wondering what he should do, and there would be an awkward silence at both ends of the line as CTU scrambles to figure out what to say next to conceal their identity (since they typically answer the phone by stating their last name). Clock counts down and scene fades out.

I guess it could still happen (hence the spoiler tags in the unlikely event that I'm right somehow).

Chandler...I wondered the same thing about Chagrin Falls when I first heard it!
Old 01-28-04, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A lot of the episode felt like filler to me, and preposterously so. When did "24" start doing comedy?

At this point, the whole virus storyline has been undermined in its importance, and it's totally become a soap opera. Ah well, bring on the mountain lion!
Old 01-28-04, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally posted by Doughboy
This was one of the worst episodes of 24 I've ever seen.
There is always one post in every thread.

I used to enjoy these threads but lately it is just threadcrap after threadcrap. Oh well.
Old 01-28-04, 08:20 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Hubcap
No, i hope chapelle kicks her out of ctu.
Who?
Its gotta happen. Shes going to get caught again and gonna get the big boooot.
Get caught doing what?
Old 01-28-04, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
The look on Tony's face when the baby started crying, followed by his "What the hell is that?!?!" was viewed multiple times last night. It was such a ridiculous moment.

And was really hoping Sherry would utter "Well, David, you'll just have to Chagrin and bear it" at SOME point during their conversation.
Old 01-28-04, 08:51 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
There is always one post in every thread.

I used to enjoy these threads but lately it is just threadcrap after threadcrap. Oh well.
I don't think Doughboy's post was a thread crap. If all he said was "this show sucks" I'd agree, but he went on to type three paragraphs explaining his problems with this episode.

Besides, we bitch because we care.
Old 01-28-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Will Gary show up to claim Chloe's baby?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.