Old 01-23-04, 05:01 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WGA nominees

Episodic Drama -- any length -- one airing time

ABOMINATION (Law & Order: SVU), Written by Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters; NBC

BOUNTY (Law & Order), Written by Michael S. Chernuchin; NBC

DISASTER RELIEF (The West Wing), Teleplay by Alexa Junge, Story by Alexa Junge & Lauren Schmidt; NBC

LOSS (Law & Order: SVU), Written by Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters; NBC

PILOT (The O.C.), Written by Josh Schwartz; Fox

7:00 P.M. -- 8:00 P.M. (24), Written by Evan Katz; Fox

Episodic Comedy -- any length -- one airing time

DAY CARE (Malcolm in the Middle), Written by Gary Murphy & Neil Thompson; Fox

MALCOLM FILMS REESE (Malcolm in the Middle), Written by Dan Kopelman; Fox

NO SEX, PLEASE, WE'RE SKITTISH (Frasier), Written by Bob Daily; NBC

A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO SHOES (Sex and the City), Written by Jenny Bicks; HBO

Original Long Form -- over one hour -- one or two parts, one or two airing times

AND STARRING PANCHO VILLA AS HIMSELF, Written by Larry Gelbart; HBO

Episode 1, BEYOND THE SKY and Episode 2, JACOB AND JESSE (Taken), Written by Leslie Bohem; USA

CAESAR, Written by Peter Pruce and Craig Warner; TNT

WILDER DAYS, Written by Jeff Stockwell; TNT

Adapted Long Form -- over one hour -- one or two parts, one or two airing times

NORMAL, Teleplay by Jane Anderson, Based on the play "Looking for Normal" by Jane Anderson; HBO

OUT OF THE ASHES, Teleplay by Anne Meredith, Based on the book "I Was a Doctor in Auschwitz" by Dr. Gisella Perl; Showtime

RUDY: THE RUDY GIULIANI STORY, Written by Stanley Weiser, Based on the book "Rudy!" by Wayne Barrett; USA

THE STRANGER BESIDE ME, Teleplay by Matthew McDuffie and Matthew Tabak, Based on the book by Ann Rule; USA

Animation -- any length -- one airing time

THE DAD WHO KNEW TOO LITTLE (The Simpsons), Written by Matt Selman; Fox

MOE BABY BLUES (The Simpsons), Written by J. Stewart Burns; Fox

MY MOTHER THE CARJACKER (The Simpsons), Written by Michael Price; Fox

REBORN TO BE WILD (King of the Hill), Written by Tony Gama-Lobo & Rebecca May; Fox

RESCUE JET FUSION (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius), Written by Steven Banks; Nickelodeon

THE STING (Futurama), Written by Patric M. Verrone; Fox

Comedy/Variety -- Music, Awards, Tributes -- Specials -- any length

THE KENNEDY CENTER HONORS, Written by George Stevens, Jr., Sara Lukinson and David Leaf; CBS

THE 75TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS, Written by Hal Kanter, Rita Cash, Buz Kohan, Special Material Written by Steve Martin, Beth Armogida, Dave Barry, Dave Boone, Andy Breckman, Jon Macks, Rita Rudner, Bruce Vilanch; ABC

Comedy/Variety -- (including talk) Series

LATE NIGHT WITH CONAN O'BRIEN, Written by Mike Sweeney, Chris Albers, Jose Arroyo, Andy Blitz, Kevin Dorff, Jonathan Glaser, Michael Gordon, Brian Kiley, Michael Koman, Brian McCann, Guy Nicolucci, Conan O'Brien, Andrew Secunda, Allison Silverman, Robert Smigel, Brian Stack, Andrew Weinberg; NBC

MAD TV, Writing supervised by Scott King, Written by Dick Blasucci, Lauren Dombrowski, Bryan Adams, Bruce McCoy, Michael Hitchcock, Steven Cragg, Chris Cluess, John Crane, Jennifer Joyce, Tami Sagher, David Salzman, Richard Talarico, Jim Wise, Kal Clarke, Sultan Pepper, Bill Kelley, Maiya Williams, Dino Stamatopoulos, Rick Najera, Brooks McBeth, Jason Kordelos, Michael McDonald, Stephnie Weir; FOX

PENN & TELLER: BULLSHIT!, Written by Penn Jillette, Teller, David Wechter, John McLaughlin; Showtime

REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, Written by Billy Martin, Scott Carter, David Feldman, Brian Jacobsmeyer, Jay Jaroch, Chris Kelly, Bill Maher, Ned Rice, Paul F. Tompkins; HBO

It's kind of nice to see Malcolm up there, but besides that, these are pretty bad. I love The O.C., but it definitely didn't deserve an award when it first started. I've been loving Sex and the City the past few weeks, but that episode they chose is horrible too. I don't watch any of the Law and Orders, but from what I have seen, they seem way too generic to be worthy of any awards.

I wonder if the WGA is aware that there were 2 episodes of 24 last year titled 7:00 P.M. -- 8:00 P.M.? This is actually for the second season one. It would've been funny if it was for the third season one since the show's been so bad this season that I finally stopped watching right before that episode aired. I might've tried to track down that episode.

I haven't seen any episodes of West Wing past season 3 yet, but I'm really surprised to see them choose a season 5 episode. Especially considering das chose 2 of season 4's final episodes for his top 10 of the year and of course the fact that Sorkin left.

I don't watch Simpsons or King of the Hill anymore so I can't comment on them. I wonder if the "one airing time" thing keeps cable shows from being nominated like South Park or Adult Swim.

Last edited by nny; 01-23-04 at 05:05 PM.