setting vcr now....
Old 01-21-04, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Directed by David Boreanaz!
Old 01-21-04, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could someone recap the fist 5 minutes? up to the point where Spike is talking to lindsey is telling Spike about the visions in the bar. I missed it.

Thanks.
Old 01-21-04, 08:21 PM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
"Came up the Gulf Stream, huh?"

Old 01-21-04, 08:54 PM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by wmansir
Could someone recap the fist 5 minutes? up to the point where Spike is talking to lindsey is telling Spike about the visions in the bar. I missed it.

Thanks.
You didn't really miss anything. Spike was sitting in a strip club, Lindsay came up to him, Spike told him to shove off, and then Lindsay told Spike he was the one that sent the amulet to Wolfram & Hart. That got Spike's attention, and that's probably where you started watching.
Old 01-21-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked Bear.

But the buffy thing was lame, either get a cameo or skip it. Don't do something that screams "we couldn't get her to actually be on the show".

edit:

Oh and thanks for the recap wendersfan.

Last edited by wmansir; 01-21-04 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-21-04, 10:04 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Thanks.
One of the nightmares. The end of Angel and Spike's fight over the cup, except that this time Spike cuts Angel short on "it's a curse" speech, drinks the cup, a bright light shines down, and Angel burns up.
Old 01-21-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lindsey also told Spike he was Doyle, in case you didn't catch it.
Old 01-21-04, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked Bear.
That one caught me off-guard. I thought I was watching Conan O'Brien for a second.
Old 01-21-04, 10:46 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by Doughboy
That one caught me off-guard. I thought I was watching Conan O'Brien for a second.
Or Letterman.
Old 01-21-04, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But the buffy thing was lame, either get a cameo or skip it. Don't do something that screams "we couldn't get her to actually be on the show".
I must have missed it. What was it? They talked about the amulet being at the bottom of the hellmouth and Spike planning to travel to Europe but I don't remember any other Buffy stuff.
Old 01-22-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 352 Likes on 219 Posts
Originally posted by resinrats
I must have missed it. What was it? They talked about the amulet being at the bottom of the hellmouth and Spike planning to travel to Europe but I don't remember any other Buffy stuff.
The dream where Spike was having sex with "Buffy" next to Angel.

They looped in some old SMG dialogue. It was kinda lame.
Old 01-22-04, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by resinrats
You must have stepped out for a smoke because it was a minute long segment or so.

Angel is in bed having his nightmares and beside him is Spike grinding away on a blond under the covers. We can't see her face as it's covered by her hair and turned away from the camera. Angel is like "what's going on?" and Spike tells him to keep it down since "I cant be a marathon man with you rambling on". A couple of weird Buffy sound bytes are played, but nothing in context to the moment just an odd line or two taken from Buffy's show (one was about her killing her goldfish, I can't recall the other). Angel is confused and I can't remember if he wakes up or moves to another nightmare at that point.

It was so painfully obvious that it wasn't her that I'm thinking that it was kinda the point, maybe. A lot of the episode was the show making fun of itself (like the Spike/Pinocchio scene with the blue fairy) so perhaps this was a jab at doing lame fake cameos or the inability to get SMG to come on the show.

EDIT: changed 'painfully forced' to 'painfully obvious', because that's what I ment to say.

Last edited by wmansir; 01-22-04 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-22-04, 12:46 AM

I really liked this episode. Even though Spike is just being played, I enjoyed his taking on the role of the Angel of seasons' past.

And when he saved Angel... "Don't thank me, just helpin' the helpless."

Yes, I thought the Buffy soundbites were lame, but then again maybe Angel can't even subconsciously bring himself to visualize Buffy and Spike having sex- Buffy is replaced by a faceless blond. Its not exactly "Restless," but it was still pretty interesting.
Old 01-22-04, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
more EVE is cool with me.

This part had me
Gunn to Harmony "Is He In?"
Harmony "Is Who In?" [confused]
then Wesley & Gunn looking at each other

I'll write in again, Harmony is cool.
Old 01-22-04, 04:19 AM

The Buffy quotes were all (I think) taken from the season 3 Buffy episode "The Prom" where Angel finally realizes he and Buffy can never be together and he must leave. I thought it was fitting in his dreams of doubts that he was having that he would be reliving that hard decision he made, mixed in with the fact that she had moved on... to Spike, no less. No complaints from me about that scene.

And a great episode overall, too.
Old 01-22-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The episode felt like deja vu all over again. How many times have we seen the "gross bug thing shooting up a hallucinegen into its victim before it devours it" device to show a character's dream-like fears?

The direction was okay, average, nothing called attention to it all that much. Fred was cute when she was cutting open Angel and pulling out his emotional baggage from his midsection.

I think I'll be watching "The O.C." in 480p on Fox and watching Angel on my ReplayTV if this trend continues. (But I have at least 3 weeks of Angel in HDTV before "The O.C." shows a new episodes, so Angel might get a reprieve).
Old 01-22-04, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
Great ep. overall. The absence of Buffy was a little obvious, but nothing big. Loved Fred's reference to Jaws.

Obviously Lindsey is acting on his own desires, which makes me wonder what he really wants and whether or not Eve is truly on his side.

About W&H's senior partners, have they ever been shown in the flesh or whatever they would be? If not, I think it would be fitting to have one of them played by Christoper Lee, but that's just my geek self talking.
Old 01-22-04, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Loved Fred's reference to Jaws.
Gah, THANK YOU! That line was bugging the crap out of me.
Old 01-22-04, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
About W&H's senior partners, have they ever been shown in the flesh or whatever they would be?
I don't think so. I think it is assumed that the senior partners are demons that exist in a hell dimension somewhere.
Old 01-22-04, 10:51 AM
Banned

"mmm raisins"
Old 01-22-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That grossed me out!
Old 01-22-04, 12:19 PM

About W&H's senior partners, have they ever been shown in the flesh or whatever they would be? If not, I think it would be fitting to have one of them played by Christoper Lee, but that's just my geek self talking.
The closest we've ever come to seeing one of the partners was in one of the second season eps. One of the partners was coming to W&H for a performance review, and it manifested itself in the form of a certain type of demon (could only be killed with a certain glove, etc etc).

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen em.
Old 01-22-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

On a side note, I didn't notice Christian Kane (Lindsey) in the opening credits.

He didn't make the show opening did he? I fastforwarded past it.

If not, that's weird. Both Eve and Harmony were listed in the opening credits...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.