Enterprise 01/21/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 01/21/04

Old 01-21-04, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 01/21/04

Episode Title: "Proving Ground"

An Andorian ship led by Commander Shran arrives in the Delphic Expanse to help Enterprise hone in on the Xindi superweapon.
Written By: Chris Black
Directed By: David Livingston

Even though Enterprise doesn't live up to my expectations week after week, any episode with Jeffrey Combs is one I look forward to.
Old 01-21-04, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He (Berman) added that he hoped to address the founding of the Federation before the series finished its run.
Link

Considering the original pitch for the whole series was the founding of the Federation, glad to see he didn't completely forget about it.
Old 01-21-04, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I kind of wish Shran hadn't betrayed them, but I guess his sending the data at the end might make up for it in the long run with regards to them eventually becoming allies.
It would have been cooler if the Andorians had stayed with Enterprise so that it'd become 2 ships going around kicking Xindi ass for a while.

Andorians fly Whitestars
Old 01-21-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Cool episode, but all the episodes featuring Andorians have been good.

I thought the Xindi weapon was bigger than that, though.
Old 01-22-04, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jason
Cool episode, but all the episodes featuring Andorians have been good.

I thought the Xindi weapon was bigger than that, though.
Well, it was a second test. They said the main one, which will be considerably larger, won't be done for a months.
Old 01-22-04, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
I don't say this very often, but I liked this episode. Probably because the Andorians haven't been over-used like so many other aliens.
Old 01-22-04, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Damfino
I don't say this very often, but I liked this episode. Probably because the Andorians haven't been over-used like so many other aliens.
I'll agree with that. Combs just raises the bar for me and any episode he's in just becomes better because of it.

I certainly hope we see the Andorians again this season since they're still in the expanse.
Old 01-22-04, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Decent episode overall. Any episode with Combs is bound to be good. Though I have to say at this point, Archer's in the running for the most gullible character on television award.
Old 01-22-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally posted by lisadoris
Decent episode overall. Any episode with Combs is bound to be good. Though I have to say at this point, Archer's in the running for the most gullible character on television award.
That's really because the writers have over used the alien double-cross story.

I was disappointed that the Andorians double-crossed Archer, but I'm happy it didn't end there and Shran gave them the data.
Old 01-22-04, 10:54 AM

Actually, Archer wasn't as gullible as I initially thought - he did have the Andorians watched so he could reverse the damage done to the sensors, and recorded the firing sequence for the weapon. The bit where he had the sequence initiated while the weapon was in the Andorian ship was rather surprising.

Damn, Berman & Braga - more eps like this and you just might stretch to five years.
Old 01-22-04, 11:44 AM

I was confused by the recording of the initiation sequence. If Archer recorded it from the Andorian download, how hard is it to find it in their own database? You would think with their own interest in the weapon, their own engineers were looking over the data like the Enterprise crew.
Old 01-22-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mattrk
The bit where he had the sequence initiated while the weapon was in the Andorian ship was rather surprising.
I agree that it was a pretty ballsy thing to do in order to get back the weapon. I wouldn't have expected it.
Old 01-22-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rascal
I was confused by the recording of the initiation sequence. If Archer recorded it from the Andorian download, how hard is it to find it in their own database? You would think with their own interest in the weapon, their own engineers were looking over the data like the Enterprise crew.
I think the Enterprise expected deception from the Andorians. The Andorian arrogance never even considered the reverse to be true. They were too busy on the plan to steal it (and helping Enterprise with it's problems) and would address the "workings" after they made their getaway.
Old 01-22-04, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
plus, they had the activation code, what about the deactivation code?

Last edited by mikehunt; 01-22-04 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-23-04, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Another episode I enjoyed. That makes most all of them enjoyable for me.

Combs is truly great to see on the tube again.
Old 01-23-04, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
plus, they had the activation code, what about the deactivation code?
I think maybe if the Andorians had released it sooner they could have tried to deactivate it, but since it had almost reached the full overload it couldn't be stopped.
Old 01-27-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

To anybody still watching:

Star Trek: Enterprise will move out of competition with the WB's Smallville, shifting to the 9 p.m. Wednesday hour to take over the slot vacated when Jake 2.0 was cancelled earlier this year.

Zap2It reports that UPN will bring back The Mullets - presumed to be near to cancellation after it went on hiatus in October - airing new episodes at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, with the new computer-animated series Game Over leading in at 8 p.m.

Game Over will debut and The Mullets will return March 10th, though UPN has not yet announced whether Star Trek: Enterprise will shift time slots on the same night or will be moved earlier. The 9 p.m. hour is currently occupied by reruns of the surprise reality hit America's Next Top Model.

Enterprise will thus reclaim Star Trek: Voyager's old time slot, competing against NBC's Emmy-winning The West Wing, whose ratings have dropped significantly over the past few seasons.

It will also compete with the WB's Buffy The Vampire Slayer spinoff Angel, which usually brings in lower ratings than Smallville does in the hour before, and with Fox's moderately successful evening soap The O.C..

The news comes after several months of rumours from The Programming Insider and others that UPN would move the Star Trek prequel out of competition with the young Superman series.
Link
Old 01-27-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
Hmmm, moving it to a different slot. I have nothing at the 8pm slot so that's not such a bad thing.

BTW, this was a very good episode. I like this year long story arc, despite a few stinkers of shows.
Old 01-27-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Just when my TV watching schedule was starting to calm down, UPN has to start moving things around.
Old 01-27-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Game Over.

Kinda ironic.
Old 01-27-04, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Let's move Enterprise opposite Angel, the O.C., and West Wing. That's really bright.

Buh-bye.
Old 01-27-04, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"surprise reality hit America's Next Top Model"

Surprised the hell outta me. Anybody heard of it?
Old 01-27-04, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Pistol Pete
Let's move Enterprise opposite Angel, the O.C., and West Wing. That's really bright.

Buh-bye.
I think it's brighter than keeping it against Smallville, but agree with the buh-bye part.

Originally posted by Wizdar
"surprise reality hit America's Next Top Model"

Surprised the hell outta me. Anybody heard of it?
Yeah, when I read it's most recent repeat beat a new Enterprise in the ratings.
Old 01-28-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I think this will help. Just hope it stays on until the next series. I'm a junkie
Old 01-28-04, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The next series?!?

Your optimism is encouraging, and an example to us all.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.