DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Jake 2.0 cancelled (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/341612-jake-2-0-cancelled.html)

djbrown 01-16-04 03:12 PM

Jake 2.0 cancelled

No word if the 4 unaired episodes will ever see the light of day....

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6368

das Monkey 01-16-04 03:43 PM

That's a shame. They don't have anything worth shit over there (unless you count <i>Smackdown!</i>, which is nowhere near as good as it used to be anyway), but at least <i>Jake 2.0</i> was entertaining and fun. Now they don't even have that.

das

Patman 01-16-04 04:15 PM

Well, I liked the show. Now I have freed up an hour on my ReplayTV.

TwineTime 01-16-04 04:32 PM

Heh...isn't it a shame that all at once you're thinking "Shit!" and "Yes!"? Only on here, guys.

B.A. 01-16-04 05:03 PM

I liked it, too, but The O.C. and Angel took priority so I was only able to record/watch it when there was a re-run of one of the others.

josepotato 01-16-04 05:58 PM

I guess that means we won't be getting those free dvds.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=325563

movieking 01-16-04 06:14 PM

I gave up on this a few episodes in. Not a bad show, but not an addictive show either. I kept forgetting that it was on.

Darren Garrison 01-16-04 06:24 PM

Maybe they are making space for Jake 2.1.

Jeraden 01-16-04 06:42 PM

I really liked the show - I'll miss it. Actually, it was the only decent show even on UPN anymore. When are they gonna cancel that crapfest called Run of the House?

Jadzia 01-16-04 06:49 PM

Can Enterprise please be next?

:)

B.A. 01-16-04 07:41 PM

Originally posted by Jeraden
I really liked the show - I'll miss it. Actually, it was the only decent show even on UPN anymore. When are they gonna cancel that crapfest called Run of the House?
That's the WB.

Jeraden 01-16-04 09:26 PM

woops, you're right. Here are all the UPN shows:

The Parkers
Eve
Girlfriends
Half & Half
One on One
All of Us
Rock Me Baby
Girlfriends
Enterprise
Jake 2.0
WWE

Aside from WWE which really isn't a series show, Jake 2.0 was easily their best show, followed by Enterprise I guess. Isn't everything else aside from Rock Me Baby a black sitcom? Whats up with that anyways.

nny 01-17-04 12:56 AM

I just read over at aicn that A Minute With Stan Hooper and Fearless, which never aired, have both been cancelled.

I figured there's not enough interest in either show to warrant a new thread.

das Monkey 01-17-04 01:15 AM

I figure you're right. :) <i>Hooper</i> gave me a good laugh now and then, and Penelope Ann Miller has been known to give me teh hot, but I'm not going to miss it. <i>Fearless</i> sounded a bit interesting, but I can see how it wouldn't work unless they had a perfect lead. Sounds like they just couldn't put it together.

das

Patman 01-17-04 07:48 AM

Was Fearless the show that was supposed to be starring Racel Leigh Cook?

das Monkey 01-17-04 09:16 AM

Yeah, and the ubiquitous Eric Balfour.

das

dgmayor 01-17-04 02:45 PM

Figures. Very few shows that I enjoy these days last longer than half a season.

sq240 01-17-04 03:01 PM

I liked Jake 2.0.. I think if it was on a different station and more importantly at a different time slot it would do well. There is nothing worth watching at 8pm on Monday or Wednesday for me, so I wish they would move it to then.. I have missed the last few weeks because I watch Angel and tape The O.C. and my other VCR is in storage.

This is a shame..

Adam Tyner 03-28-05 05:01 PM

HDNet is going to start airing the show (in high-definition, natch), presumably including the unaired episodes the way they did with Christopher Gorham's other aborted sci-fi show Odyssey 5, starting on 4/6.

kenage 03-28-05 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jeraden
woops, you're right. Here are all the UPN shows:

The Parkers
Eve
Girlfriends
Half & Half
One on One
All of Us
Rock Me Baby
Girlfriends
Enterprise
Jake 2.0
WWE

They also have the new show "Cuts" with Shannon Elizabeth. I also dont think they will be keeping WWE much longer. When the current contract ends look for that to be on the same network as RAW most likely USA.

pilot 03-28-05 06:34 PM

too bad it isn't on dvd :( along with Odyssey 5 ..and all the other stuff that gets canned..they should put that stuff out right away (or a few months later)..seems like it would sort of be easy money (shows are still in peoples mind, instead of releasing it a year or two later when nobody remembers what it is and nobody buys it..) but that's just my opinion..

Chew 03-29-05 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
HDNet is going to start airing the show (in high-definition, natch), presumably including the unaired episodes the way they did with Christopher Gorham's other aborted sci-fi show Odyssey 5, starting on 4/6.

My free six months of the HD package with DirecTV is up 04/09 and I didn't have much reason to continue, there isn't a lot on I'm interested in. Now there is.