Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Charmed 1/11 "Witch Stock" - Anybody else still watching?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-04, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well?

I have to say, the show still works for me. It still does. Good vs. Evil, importance of family, using powers responsibly, all of it. And I like the new dynamic where Paige and Phoebe have moved out. Still think Chris is a bad guy, but he was good in this episode. Also liked the dual-plot line in the 60's and the present.

And the girls are still H-O-T.
Old 01-12-04, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes still watching. Although I seriously hate the promos, the actual shows are still good. The promors make the show seem like a pathetic joke comedy. ('Price Charmed', 'Lucky Charms', 'Hot Mammas'...Arg!!!!!)

I had missed the season opener the first showing and up until Chris' girl came from the future, I thought that Chris was really Wyatt. The clues pointed in that direction and he is 1/2 White Lighter just like Wyatt.

I'm not sure how they will work the show with Phoebe in Hong Kong. Paige can at least Orb back home. Will Phoebe convienently be back visiting every show?
Old 01-12-04, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I am still watching, just not as regularly as I used to. Anymore I just record it while watching the Fox Sunday line up.
I thought the same thing as resinrats about Chris, now I'm just confused. I have no idea who in the hell he is or even if he's good or evil. I guess I just have to keep watching to find out!
Old 01-12-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I taped it but haven't watched it yet. I forgot about it and missed the 1st 5 min. did I miss anything important?
Old 01-12-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RaraFemina
Yes, I am still watching, just not as regularly as I used to. Anymore I just record it while watching the Fox Sunday line up.
I thought the same thing as resinrats about Chris, now I'm just confused. I have no idea who in the hell he is or even if he's good or evil. I guess I just have to keep watching to find out!
he took over white lighter duties from leo after the head white lighter people got killed. A few few few episodes ago it showed how chris came to be their white lighter. Hes from the Future. In the future he and his girlfriend come up with a plan to get Wyatt from the past since wyatt in the future is bad. Chris ends up getting chased by his future'd girlfriend (she comes thru a portal that they draw using that ring looking thing thats on the book of shadows). In the end it works out that the charmed ones help Chris by putting a spell in the attic floor boards to get by wyatt's powers and he then escapes back to the past thru that portal, before he escapes, he of course has a huge fight with wyatt and if im correct, his girlfriend dies. Im sure it'll be a rerun soon, and then my babble will make sense.
Old 01-12-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another thing that I found strange in last nights episode is that the Grandmother looked way too young in the 60's. She looked like she was in her early 20's then. Piper's mother must have been born already but not shown. To make all the ages work, both the Grandmother and her daughter must have had kids in their teens. When the show started, Prue was well into her 20's (they said) and the show has been on for years, so Prue would have been 30-33 by now. Assuming the show is set in this year, Prue would be born around 1971-1974. I can't remember the year that the hippy fest was in last nights show but probably mid 60's, say 1965. Unless Prue's mom was a teen mom, she would have had to have been around 9 -12. The grandmother just didn't look old enough to have had a 9-12 kid.
Old 01-12-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think there are more fans of this show around here than most people believe.

Leo as Bobby Sherman was hilarious.

I found the whole episode rather interesting, especially given McGowan's well-known real life antipathy to the hippie lifestyle. (Her parents raised her in the post-hippie Children of God quasi-cult in Italy in the 70's. She's not a fan of the back-to-basics vibe.) And Darryl's father as Black Panther was also inspired. I wish we would see more of Dorian. He's a terrific comic actor.

And put me down, also, for Chris being (ultimately) a malevolent force. How we're going to head off the future version of Wyatt-as-megalomanic is going to be interesting to see.
Old 01-12-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by resinrats
I can't remember the year that the hippy fest was in last nights show but probably mid 60's, say 1965.
January '67. (It was on the calendar.)
Old 01-14-04, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Charmed is simply a fun show with hot chicks - enjoyable to watch. I try not to think too much about it, although I must admit I was trying to account for Gramm's age in 1967. She should have been more like 35 with a teenage daughter. Instead she looked to be 25 with what I presume to be a young daughter.

And yes, the WB promos are extremely silly.
Old 01-14-04, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by IdgIe49
he took over white lighter duties from leo after the head white lighter people got killed. A few few few episodes ago it showed how chris came to be their white lighter. Hes from the Future. In the future he and his girlfriend come up with a plan to get Wyatt from the past since wyatt in the future is bad. Chris ends up getting chased by his future'd girlfriend (she comes thru a portal that they draw using that ring looking thing thats on the book of shadows). In the end it works out that the charmed ones help Chris by putting a spell in the attic floor boards to get by wyatt's powers and he then escapes back to the past thru that portal, before he escapes, he of course has a huge fight with wyatt and if im correct, his girlfriend dies. Im sure it'll be a rerun soon, and then my babble will make sense.
Your babble makes sense (i don't know if that's a good thing or not) I just don't know if Chris is who he says he is. We know he's from the future and all of that, but what about the rest of it. What exactly is he up to? He says he's trying to save the future, but he never gives out details that would help the girls if that was the case. I don't know, I just get that untrustworthy vibe from him.