DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Question about elimiDATE (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/340083-question-about-elimidate.html)

Daytripper 01-08-04 11:04 PM

Question about elimiDATE

Why are all the girls on this show so damn ugly/skanky? Seriously. I'll admit I catch "Blind Date" from time to time and don't turn the channel fast enough when "elimiDATE" comes on afterwards. I have watched long enough to see everyone that's on that particular episode. And I'm always shocked just how nasty the girls are. Does anyone agree?

Red Dog 01-09-04 08:03 AM

You used to be able to count on 1 or 2 good-looking girls every episode, but it does seem like that there has not been any attractive women on it in months. Check out The 5th Wheel - they seem to have attractive girls on a semi-consistent basis.

balancer 01-09-04 02:51 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
You used to be able to count on 1 or 2 good-looking girls every episode, but it does seem like that there has not been any attractive women on it in months. Check out The 5th Wheel - they seem to have attractive girls on a semi-consistent basis.
Yeah, but it's funny the "5th Wheel" girl comes in and usually she's about 2 steps away from a crack whore. What is their motivation? Do the producers give em' and extra hundred if they get picked instead of the original girls?

tasha99 01-09-04 11:30 PM

Originally posted by balancer
Yeah, but it's funny the "5th Wheel" girl comes in and usually she's about 2 steps away from a crack whore. What is their motivation? Do the producers give em' and extra hundred if they get picked instead of the original girls?
Ive never seen 5th wheel, but I've always wondered what the Elimidate contestants' motivation is. I mean, you see these women be really mean and rude to each other, and for what? A date with a stranger who has no emotional ties to them? The guys too are often pretty mean.

And what's with the guys who get turned on by the bitchy girls ("I like it when a girl fights over me etc.")? Do they think that's a really good sign for an even tempered person they want to spend time with, or do they really want a psycho type who will cut up all their favorite things when they break up? I've noticed the quiet person usually gets elimidated, when often, they're the only one who hasn't proven, in less than 10 minutes, that they're a total ass.

tasha

Draven 01-10-04 02:42 AM

Originally posted by tasha99
And what's with the guys who get turned on by the bitchy girls ("I like it when a girl fights over me etc.")? Do they think that's a really good sign for an even tempered person they want to spend time with, or do they really want a psycho type who will cut up all their favorite things when they break up? I've noticed the quiet person usually gets elimidated, when often, they're the only one who hasn't proven, in less than 10 minutes, that they're a total ass.

Normal, well-adjusted people have no reason to go on sleazy dating shows.