Tru Calling -- "Star Crossed" 12.11.2003

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-03, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Star Crossed

Mysteries surrounding emotionally conflicted teens preoccupy Tru, who poses as a high-school student to unravel events that led to a tragic car crash. Elsewhere, Harrison intervenes in Lindsay's disastrous date with her boss. Adam: Johnny Pacar. Amy: Melissa Lee.
Not bad, Not bad.

The Juliet/Juliet thing caught me off guard. And i'm glad they're moved away from "the "obvious" things Tru will fix once the day starts again".

Perhaps we should see more of Lindsay giving a lapdance..?
Old 12-11-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dushku + early model Mustang =
Old 12-11-03, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I actually thought that was the best ep I've seen (I've only seen a few of them). I liked that she was able to talk to Davis about her ordeal. I'm liking her brother more, too. He's helping her out and he's kind of funny every now and then.

Lately, I've come to realize how sexy Eliza is (love her eyes), but A.J. Cook ("Lindsay") is amazing, imo. I just noticed on the show's website that she was in Out Cold w/ Zach Galifianakis ("Davis") - I didn't even realize that was her (that movie is one of my guilty pleasures).
Old 12-11-03, 11:25 PM
DB

In contrast, I thought this was one of the worst episodes I've seen. The Davis "I know what you can do" cliffhanger turned out to be a total cop out, in fact it was ridiculous. I can accept the premise of the show that she has a supernatural power, but to swallow that Davis deduced it because he's been seeing fewer bodies in the Morgue is too ridiculous to swallow. I was hoping he'd be the equivalent of Buffy's watcher.

And what was original about the plot? It was the same Tru calling as ever. Tru thinks she's saved the day, carries on with her personal life, and then realizes she got it wrong.

Oh well, I do like the show in general, I'm just disappointed above the Davis cop out.
Old 12-11-03, 11:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by DB
And what was original about the plot? It was the same Tru calling as ever. Tru thinks she's saved the day, carries on with her personal life, and then realizes she got it wrong.

Oh well, I do like the show in general, I'm just disappointed above the Davis cop out.
My thoughts exactly
Old 12-12-03, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I was also in disbelief about Davis' explanation for knowing about her powers. There is no way somebody would jump to the conclusion that this girl had magic powers because the morgue's quota is down. How they could honestly think that would fly is beyond me. Maybe they aren't done with it yet, and he felt he wasn't ready to tell her the truth, but as it stands that was ridiculous.
Old 12-12-03, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought this one was horrible, they just seem to be getting more predictable. It is like season 6 of a show, when they run out of ideas, only Tru is just getting started. Very disappointing. I REALLY want to love this show because I am an Eliza fangirl but they are really making me suffer.
Old 12-12-03, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I thought this one was decent; one of the better ones. Still not saying much though.
Old 12-13-03, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DB

Maybe they are saving the Davis' knowledge of Tru's power for later episodes.
Old 12-13-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since the first episode, they've not-so-subtly hinted that Tru got her "powers" from her mother. 10 year anniversary, Davis noted how deaths went up after she died, first person to talk to her was her mom, blah blah blah. I haven't been checking these threads, but I figured everyone was coming to that conclusion. They've beaten us over the head with it each week. I've been thinking every week that this would be the episode where they explained it, but I suspect Davis helped Tru's mom in the past and is now there to help her or something silly like that.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. Not a great show, probably not even a good show, but it doesn't suck like I expected it to. The way every damn episode relies on misdirection and having her misfigure the death is really annoying. I do like the way they've developed her character, though. For as contrived and silly as this show is, Eliza carries it well.

das
Old 12-13-03, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by mookiemeister
Maybe they are saving the Davis' knowledge of Tru's power for later episodes.
that's what I was thinking - he's just easing himself into her life to make it easier on her instead of jumping in headfirst and telling her everything he knows.
Old 12-13-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought Eliza looked really good in this episode.

I can see why Matthew Bomer (Luke) was considered to play Superman, he's got the looks.
Old 12-13-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Patman
I thought Eliza looked really good in this episode.

I can see why Matthew Bomer (Luke) was considered to play Superman, he's got the looks.
Eliza looks really good in EVERY episode..

Oh, and "it's Luc...with a C"...
Old 12-19-03, 11:26 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I just realized I missed this episode due to my cable being out. Anybody have a copy they'd be willing to lend me?