Old 12-11-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Alyoshka
We were both beat by Patman.

Haha, I didn't even see that.
Old 12-11-03, 08:04 PM

Yeah!!! GO Sandra! This kicks so much ass!!! Johnny Fairplay did not look happy...I love it! All the bs talk about the women not knowing what the hell they're doing...I loved the look of satisfaction on the girls' faces when they left TC! Loved it!
Old 12-11-03, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been saying for some time that Fairplay is a good player and fun to watch but he's not a Survivor genius in the grand tradition of Hatch, Brian and Rob. His plans are far from perfect and tonight he really showed that he's not the schemer he thinks he is. And Burton is clearly an idiot. We'll see where it goes. Still a wide open game.
Old 12-11-03, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
It's like Indecent Proposal on Bizarro World: Burton gave away a million dollars to sleep with John.
Old 12-11-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I will be shocked if Johnny Fairplay doesn't make it to the finals - all the women should want to face him in the finals. He may not win but I personally think he is a great player.

I just hope Darrah keeps winning immunities so it is Darrah vs Fairplay.
Old 12-11-03, 08:11 PM

Even if he would have gotten to final two, Burton wouldn't have had a chance. The reaction of the jury (high-fives and all smiles) said it all.
Old 12-11-03, 08:13 PM

John probably stunk up the car too. It would've been cool if they got pulled over - no seat belts or driver's license
Old 12-11-03, 08:16 PM

I just hope Lill does NOT win. She sooooo gets on my nerves. Either of the other three would be fine by me.
Old 12-11-03, 08:22 PM

Finally, the women do something smart.

Jeff to Darah: "Back to back now you've had that on ... your back.
Old 12-11-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by William Fuld
It's like Indecent Proposal on Bizarro World: Burton gave away a million dollars to sleep with John.

Old 12-11-03, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, the women do have brains after all !

It's about f*ing time they got rid of Burton.
Jon is next.

Darrah and Sandra in the final 2.
Darrah wins it all.
Old 12-11-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Gil Jawetz
I've been saying for some time that Fairplay is a good player and fun to watch but he's not a Survivor genius in the grand tradition of Hatch, Brian and Rob. His plans are far from perfect and tonight he really showed that he's not the schemer he thinks he is. And Burton is clearly an idiot. We'll see where it goes. Still a wide open game.
Well, Hatch and Brian won. Rob didn't, so I wouldn't put him in the prior two's league.

There was a rumor going around about Sandra winning it all when the season began. Something about people making big bets she would win it all.

I knew Burton was gone (barring immunity) when he took Jon with him.
Old 12-11-03, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Struz
Darrah and Sandra in the final 2.
Darrah wins it all.
I agree. I think it's going to go down like this:

First IC: Jon wins.
#4 Lill voted out.
Second IC: Darrah wins.
#3 Jon voted out.
#2 Sandra
#1 Darrah

I thinking voting will go like this.

Voting for Darrah = Tijuana, Ryan, Lill, Burton, and Jon.
Voting for Sandra = Christa, and Rupert.

I don't think Burton or Jon will vote for Sandra since they'll think she broke the 'man alliance' by getting the women together. Tijuana and Ryan are natural votes since they are former Morgan. Lill could flip either way, but I'm putting her on Darrah's side because she'll like that Darrah was winning immunity at the end. Christa and Rupert are natural Drake votes for Sandra.

Last edited by Vonner; 12-11-03 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-11-03, 09:15 PM

I think that if it comes down to Darrah and Sandra, Darrah will win. She will have tacked on at least one more IC and at the end the jury will point to that strength down the stretch and give it to her.
Old 12-11-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally posted by madcougar
Well, Hatch and Brian won. Rob didn't, so I wouldn't put him in the prior two's league.
That's screwy logic. "Funny" Rob and "Soft-core" Brian are the two best Survivor players, bar none. Brian by having the secret one-on-one alliances with so many people and then laying low and waiting it out. Rob by his ability to form, break, and re-form alliances as the game changed. The only thing that did him in in the final three was the makers of the show throwing in a balance IC that clearly favored women over men (due to lower center of gravity) and IC-winner Jenna voting him out because she knew she couldn't beat him in the first two. A more-fair final IC and Rob would've easily won the million.

Richard Hatch really wasn't a great player at all, his only smart move was forming the first alliance. After that, he just lucked out week after week until he ended up in the top two because Kelly thought she could beat him.

As for Johnny Rotten, he can lie his way to stay alive in the game, but he has alienated so many people on the jury, there's no way in hell he could win the million. There are two sides to winning this game and he has only excelled at one of them, so "Great Survivor Player" he is not.
Old 12-11-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, we said it and then Probst said it: Rob was the best player ever to not win. He was, in my opinion, as good at manipulating the game as those other guys but he never managed to be fully in control: He was always reacting to something. And ultimately it came down to a smart decision by Jenna since she knew he would beat her.

Fairplay isn't as good as Rob even though he might win (although how he'd pull it off at this point I don't know, Burton was the only one I think he could have beaten.) Rob or Brian would never have allowed Lill to spend the day with those other gals. That was straight suicide.
Old 12-11-03, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was rolling during the reward challenge at Probst's comments:

"John is now working on his pole."

"Burton is now working on his pole, but will it be long enough?"

"Jon's pole is 6 inches too short."

This was the best Survivor in a long time. I loved the editing and how it ultimately played out, all the way to the jury's reaction and the clueless, mega-balls final comment made at the end.
Old 12-11-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
For the finale, Johnny Fairplay has apparently been renamed Johnny Rotten. They must have played the promo six times during CSI.
Old 12-11-03, 10:39 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by dhmac
That's screwy logic. "Funny" Rob and "Soft-core" Brian are the two best Survivor players, bar none. Brian by having the secret one-on-one alliances with so many people and then laying low and waiting it out. Rob by his ability to form, break, and re-form alliances as the game changed. The only thing that did him in in the final three was the makers of the show throwing in a balance IC that clearly favored women over men (due to lower center of gravity) and IC-winner Jenna voting him out because she knew she couldn't beat him in the first two. A more-fair final IC and Rob would've easily won the million.

Richard Hatch really wasn't a great player at all, his only smart move was forming the first alliance. After that, he just lucked out week after week until he ended up in the top two because Kelly thought she could beat him.

As for Johnny Rotten, he can lie his way to stay alive in the game, but he has alienated so many people on the jury, there's no way in hell he could win the million. There are two sides to winning this game and he has only excelled at one of them, so "Great Survivor Player" he is not.
Very well put. John is not a great player, or even a good player. In his zeal to get to the final two, and to "control" the game, he assured his ultimate defeat. Unless the people on the jury are complete morans who have no memory, he can not win.

And I think that Brian was by far the best player. His complete dominance of his season is one of the main reasons that many feel that was Survivor's weakest outing. Watching the inevitable was like watching the the Super Bowl during all the blowout years. You knew by halftime who was going to win, just not by how much.

I just hope that somehow Sandra and Darrah make it to the final two, though I doubt it will happen.
Old 12-11-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please, please, PLEASE, everyone, stop referring to Jon as "Johnny Rotten"!

It's disrespectful to Mr. John Lydon....
Old 12-11-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dhmac
Perhaps I'm remembering this differently. Where I felt that Brian manipulated people just enough to have them do what they wanted (and never forced things), Rob seemed to play the game by the seat of his pants. It's very difficult for me to believe that Rob would have won had Jenna picked him over what's-his-name.

And in the end, for me "the best player never to have won" is still not nearly has good as one who has. Just my two cents.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.