Reload this Page >

24 "Day 3: 4:00 PM-5:00 PM" -- 11.18.2003

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 "Day 3: 4:00 PM-5:00 PM" -- 11.18.2003

Old 11-19-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My VCR didn't tape the show.

Only my second missed episode of the series.

Anyone know if FX still does reruns of the week's episode
on Sundy or Monday nights??

thanks
Old 11-19-03, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed this episode more than last week's.

Happy about: the whole breakout scenario; Palmer deciding not to give in to blackmail (and DB Woodside obeying); Michelle somehow acquiring Kim's sexy vibe; the Chloe character; the Salazar character

Unhappy about: Kyle being the new Kim-- bleached blond, on the run, in captivity; Kyle's way too easy escape from the mall; Kim losing her sexy vibe; the apparent lack of any repurcussions of the guard's murder of the DA -- what was the point of that?; yet another CTU mole (who does their vetting, anyway)

I still hope Novick shows up on Keeler's staff.
Old 11-19-03, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Great episode, I thought, overall. I like Chase getting some cojones and being willing to go out on his own and work over Salazar for info.

I do not fully understand Palmer and his absolute "we don't negotiate" and "I won't be able to help you" theme. Again, in the past he was willing to give Nina a full pardon for info. and even let her kill Jack. Wouldn't that be negotiating?

And will this really be Jack's LAST mission??
Old 11-19-03, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They could have left that sentence out of the script and saved us a lot of confusion.
Old 11-19-03, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
also, how could they get tony to the hospital and in surgery with in 10 minutes after he got shot. i doubt the hosipital is across the street.
The CTU guys went to the mall in a helicopter, so they probably used it to take Tony to the hospital.

Anyone else think that Chloe is involved with the bad guy (forgot his name) the way she and him were really trying to convince Michelle to go to the hosipal.
No, I think she is just stupid and lacking in social skills -- I keep expecting the bad guy to kill her.

How can CTU be so understaffed this year? In seasons 1 and 2 they always had meddlers from "Division" breathing down their necks, putting the CTU office into lockdown, assigning new directors, and such.
Old 11-19-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by BMAG

How can CTU be so understaffed this year? In seasons 1 and 2 they always had meddlers from "Division" breathing down their necks, putting the CTU office into lockdown, assigning new directors, and such.
Your forgetting one thing, they only do that when Jack does stuff that isn't legal.
Old 11-19-03, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Your forgetting one thing, they only do that when Jack does stuff that isn't legal.
I guess breaking Salazar out of prison after putting his own partner in a sleeper hold might be construed as illegal.
Old 11-19-03, 01:29 PM

Does Kyle still have his cell phone on him? That might save him yet.
Old 11-19-03, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
My VCR didn't tape the show.

ahem...

Old 11-19-03, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts
Not a bad show overall but no oh sh*t moments like last week. I get why Palmer basically has to disavow Jack if he suceeds. Doesn't do any good to say "we don't negotiate with terrorists ever" and then pardon the guy who in effect negotiated with terrorists. Plus, Palmer's getting nailed by his opponent for being soft. Giving Jack a pardon would be another nail in Palmer's political coffin. On the other than, Palmer did negotiate with Nina last season so Palmer will negotiate when nukes are in question but not when there's a deadly virus.

Kudos for not giving into blackmail. It seemed like such an un-Palmerlike thing to do. Part of me really wishes Jack would have just shot Chase. The writers have basically replaced Kim with Chase and being the useless idiot character wasn't cool when Kim did it and it's still not cool now. After the phone conversation between Jack and Chase I was all prepared for Jack to bust out a can of shoop a$$ on Chase but the season's still young.

Thank you Michele for not handing CTU over to Kim or our mole. Nice job mentioning that he used to work for the CIA so I guess CTU can blame them for the mole in their midst.
Old 11-19-03, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
before jack attacked chase, i thought he was gonna get soft on him, since 10 min ago, he was yelling at him for going to the prison, and now he's glad he's there all nice. then i knew he'd hit him once he mentioned about the camera being turned.
Old 11-19-03, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by lisadoris
On the other than, Palmer did negotiate with Nina last season so Palmer will negotiate when nukes are in question but not when there's a deadly virus.
Nina wasn't the terrorist. She was a prisoner who had useful info. Surely if some guy was in prison now who had info on the virus, he would negotiate. The terrorists in season 2 also weren't asking for Nina's release. They couldn't care less.
Old 11-20-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess breaking Salazar out of prison after putting his own partner in a sleeper hold might be construed as illegal.
I swear, I could hear Gordon Solie in my mind when he did that

Not to threadcrap or anything, but...I think I see a ramp and fins.
Old 11-20-03, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Chloe was funny the way she kept harping on Tony's injury.

To Michelle: Sorry about earlier. I didn't realize Tony had been shot-- in the neck.

To Mole-guy: Be nice to Michelle. Tony got shot. In the neck.

Was she re-capping last week's episode for us?

The in-the-neck part was some clunky dialogue. Who would really say that to someone's husband who has just been shot? (in the neck)
Old 11-20-03, 01:26 AM

Didn't like the direction the show took.
Palmer beeing back to the "perfect American" is rather boring, had that 2 seasons. Some darker parts would've been more interesting IMO......after all he went through ....

Jack going rogue.....again.........DejaVu. I fear too badly that they really took best of season 1 and 2 and made a remix instead of going new ground.

Best solution would be to let the virus out..........at least that would leave a really new scenario for a fourth season
Old 11-20-03, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
...Not to threadcrap or anything, but...I think I see a ramp and fins.
If Season One's "Teri gets amnesia" plotline and Season Two's "Kim gets caught in a cougar trap and menaced by the cougar" plotline do not count as "jumping the shark", then what does?
Old 11-20-03, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally posted by Quapil
Didn't like the direction the show took.
Palmer beeing back to the "perfect American" is rather boring, had that 2 seasons. Some darker parts would've been more interesting IMO......after all he went through ....
I was sort of thinking this too, that since this is supposedly 3 years later, nearly 4 years in office had loosened his standards a bit, but I guess not...
Old 11-20-03, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If Season One's "Teri gets amnesia" plotline and Season Two's "Kim gets caught in a cougar trap and menaced by the cougar" plotline do not count as "jumping the shark", then what does?
I guess I've just been in denial.

I liked the first season (amnesia and all) so much, I didn't really want to admit just how much I hated most of last year.

Actually, trying to pick the precise moment when it happened last year is like (to quote Capt. Willard) "Like handing out speeding tickets at the Indianapolis 500."

There was a veritable Seaworld water jumping show off of the Great Barrier Reef in season two.
Old 11-22-03, 07:31 PM

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
Finally watched this week's episode. Good stuff! The prison break was a good idea.