DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   SNL 11/15 Hosted by Alec Baldwin (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/330217-snl-11-15-hosted-alec-baldwin.html)

big whoppa 11-15-03 06:51 PM

SNL 11/15 Hosted by Alec Baldwin

with musical guest Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliot.

The best host of SNL IMO. Alec will do and say anything for a laugh. Looking forward to this one.

RaraFemina 11-15-03 07:56 PM

It would be cool if they had Adam Sandler come back so they could do a Canteen Boy sketch. I am looking forward to this one, too. He's funny everytime he hosts.

Bandoman 11-15-03 09:54 PM

The "Schwetty balls" sketch is one of my all-time favorites. :lol:

NYSoprano 11-15-03 10:18 PM

Originally posted by RaraFemina
It would be cool if they had Adam Sandler come back so they could do a Canteen Boy sketch. I am looking forward to this one, too. He's funny everytime he hosts.
I was thinking the same thing

mikehunt 11-15-03 10:34 PM

when did Darrel Hammond lose the ability to do an impersonation that was halfway accurate. First his schwartzenegger one this season, now bush. both suck. Parnel did a halfway decent one, and of course no one will beat Farrel for Bush jr.

movieking 11-15-03 10:40 PM

Mike Myers cameo at the monologue...pretty cool...

mikehunt 11-15-03 10:52 PM

the zinger skit was funny except for the zinger "effects"
although the burn effects baldwin did were decent

Exzavier00 11-15-03 10:53 PM

DEC 6TH AL SHARPTON!!!
rotfl
rotfl
rotfl

This maybe the funniest thing all night!

big whoppa 11-15-03 10:53 PM

I couldn't believe that one.

Why AL?????????????????????????

ClarkKentKY 11-15-03 10:55 PM

Ugh. Hammond's Bush impression is still horrible. In fact i think it got worse. It bears no resemblance to Bush in any way. It reminds me of when Michael McKean did Bill Clinton unsuccessfully for a couple of episodes.

What was the matter with Parnell's version??

MasterCXtreme 11-15-03 10:58 PM

Pretty funny ep so far. Monlauge was good. I always noticed how the band members always laugh a little too much during monolauges. It's abot time someone made fun of em. Mike Myers was cool. The Doctor skit was funny. Pretty much the same character as Will Ferrell's 'Bad Doctor' except he does boob jobs. And it looks like Alec didn't have to do a costume change during commercials.

ViewAskewbian 11-15-03 10:59 PM

"It's a shame when their monthlies keep them from wearing cream coloured pants and skirts."

MasterCXtreme 11-15-03 11:07 PM

The Falconer... :lol:

Rogue588 11-15-03 11:16 PM

whoa! a ghetto Riverdance..

mikehunt 11-15-03 11:16 PM

eh, the arnold "action state" thing is getting lamer every week

ViewAskewbian 11-15-03 11:23 PM

"Christina Agularia has cancelled 5 shows on her tour due to acute Bhroncitas. Actually, it used to be acute now it is just kinda skanky."

shaun3000 11-15-03 11:23 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
whoa! a ghetto Riverdance..
that's exactly what i was thinking

PhYbEr 11-15-03 11:23 PM

WOW! feels like a 25 inside! that was awesome... rotfl

shaun3000 11-15-03 11:28 PM

:lol:rotfl:lol:

Pennywise345 11-15-03 11:32 PM

If Prince Charles were to invite you over to play on the keyboard, would you put a rose on the piano, or tulips on his organ? rotfl

ViewAskewbian 11-15-03 11:32 PM

"....because at 69 he just blows a rod."

Ba-dum-ching!

MasterCXtreme 11-15-03 11:42 PM

"So, we only did 2 things wrong last night. Okay 4. We cheated on our spouses, didn't do our presentation, drank and drove, and had unprotected sex. So FRICKIN what! We're human!

astrochimp 11-15-03 11:56 PM

Really enjoyed tonights show,best of the season imho :)

mikehunt 11-16-03 12:00 AM

great episode, good thing I was able to mute the "musical" guest

wmansir 11-16-03 12:02 AM

Opening:Hammond's impression blows. Not horrible like his Schwarzenegger, but still bad. I couldn't get past it to see how funny the sketch was.

Monologue: seemed a bit short...mostly made me ask: Why isn't Myers hosting this week?

Huggie Tong: Ok.

Breast implants: Good jokes but the ending was bad.

Zinger and Burns: The campfire burn was good, otherwise mediocre.

Tony Bennett: For a host Alec did a good job with the impression. No real funny jokes, but the impression wasn't bad. Sanz looked like he was just playing himself in a bad wig.

Gaystrogen: What the hell was that? The kiss would have been funny if they had lingered on it.

The Falconer: Same premise as always, but I still like it. Alec was unnecessary, but the falcon puppet is hilarious.

**MY local news' Matrix parody/commercial: This was a lame "stormcenter" commercial as a Matrix parity. It was incredibly lame, but had surprisingly high production value.

Missy Elliot: I see the rap community is getting some revenge on House of Pain by co-oping their culture. But the joke is on them as even hip urban grooves can't make Riverdance cool. [edit: said it 'can make Riverdance cool', of course I meant can't]

Weekend Update: Tina's Ahnold impression is better than Hammond's. Forte Sex Tape: Funny, then at the end it got creepy.
Overall, Tina: funny, Jimmy: not funny but always about to laugh like he thinks he is.

C-SPAN: This issue was ripe for the picking and they ran with it, hilarious. Best skit so far.

Keen Corp: I think Amy Poehler looked cute, but other than that this skit had little going for it.

Siegfried and Roy: Fake blood is funny...usually.

Schinewald Studios: Dratch was good. I'm getting a bit tired of the cast about to bust up every scene. It was funny when the old casts did it because you knew they were really trying to be professional and just couldn't keep it in, but the new cast seems to think its no big deal.

Overall: A great skit, two good ones and a halfway decent Weekend Update among a pile of mediocrity earn this episode a C+.