Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville - 11/12

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-03, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville - 11/12

wow, already 130 in the morning and noone has posted it yet....i guess people really are losing interest. Well, i was pretty pleased with this episode. It was a lot better than the previews led me to believe it would be. The lex story was pretty lame, especially the way chloe decided to tell lex everything. Didn't really develop anything in the big story, but oh well...i still enjoy this show...however this season has made me think twice about buying the 1st season on dvd....

jason X.
Old 11-13-03, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Eh. Started out good. The second half just lost my interest. They've all been GREAT so far this season (the best of any returning show on TV in my opinion), so it's about time we had a filler-episode. Next week's looks much better.

And Season1 is still on my christmas list.
Old 11-13-03, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: Smallville - 11/12

Originally posted by xDareDevilx
however this season has made me think twice about buying the 1st season on dvd....
If you can get it cheap, don't..

Season One suffered from the "[Kryptonite] Freak Of the Week" syndrome, but compared to this season, it was outstanding, Emmy winning MUST SEE TV.

I haven't seen this episode yet. It not too high on my queue list either [aka it's at the end of the video tape ]
Old 11-13-03, 01:55 AM

Re: Re: Smallville - 11/12

Originally posted by Rogue588
If you can get it cheap, don't..

Season One suffered from the "[Kryptonite] Freak Of the Week" syndrome, but compared to this season, it was outstanding, Emmy winning MUST SEE TV.

I haven't seen this episode yet. It not too high on my queue list either [aka it's at the end of the video tape ]

What season of Smallville hasn't suffered from the Freak of the Week episodes? Hell, how many episodes in the last season or so haven't ended with Lana telling Clark that he needs to trust her and let her in? It's as predictable as seeing the computer diary at the end of a Doogie Howser episode.

Was it really necessary to have another "Lana Lang goes bad" episode? I remember it from when I saw it the first time.

I want to like this show, I really do. Somebody write some plot development.. PLEASE.
Old 11-13-03, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Obviously, people aren't losing interest. If they are, they still watch because the ratings are still extremely high.

Tonight's episode was just filler. Next week looks interesting. At least it's been a hell of a lot better than Angel, which is the other show I watch. Angel has just sucked, plain and simple. That show's not gonna last at this rate.
Old 11-13-03, 04:52 AM

Wow...I missed this week's episode too. (I missed last week's show as well). Not intentionally, but I guess my interest in SMALLVILLE has been declining this year. I wish WB still ran the repeats on Sundays. Season 1 is on DVD, so there's really no sense in running those.
Old 11-13-03, 05:23 AM

Damn! Is Lana going to ask Clark to take her back at the end of every episode, it is getting annoying. The show is awesome but damn girl, give it a break, who would want someone who wont get off your back.
Old 11-13-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This was not a good episode, and so not subtle in turning the tables on Clark's choices.
Old 11-13-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Not too fond of the freak of the week episodes - that's why I only watched a few S1 episodes.
Old 11-13-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It was an OK episode, at least in the sense it slightly developed the Clark/Lana romance.

Was anyone else creeped out by Clark stalking them on their first date? He really had little reason to suspect the kid was Magneto / evil at that point.

They should just rename Pete "Token" like the kid on South Park. I laughed out loud when he came running in Clark's house for his weekly 8 second cameo. Poor Pete.

How many people are in comas in Smallville Hospital? At least as many as there are in the Smallville nuthouse.

Is it ever winter in Smallville? It seems like it's contantly sweater-weather there.

I really think this show has all the ingredients to be great. I feel like an influx of new/good writers would greatly improve things.
Old 11-13-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't blame Lana for thinking Clark stalks her. There's a fine line between stalking and being protective in the way Clark does it. It is a little creepy at times.
Old 11-13-03, 08:25 AM

Another person learns of Clarks power who ends up in a coma. Will anyone learn of his powers (besides pete and his parents) and not be : in a coma, dead, or crazy?

How long can this go on?
Old 11-13-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I think if next weeks episode isn't good then I might have to drop this show. There is no character development for the main person on the show. Someone finds out about his powers and they disapear or end up in a coma at the end of the episode. Clark and Lana don't get together even though they both want to. Clark goes bad, Chloe goes bad, Pete goes bad. Clark goes bad AGAIN, Lana goes bad AGAIN.

At least Lex seems to be going somewhere.

I really want to like this show but it seems like I'm forcing myself to watch it now.
Old 11-13-03, 09:49 AM

I will say this, Lana told clark off at the end of the show! I was glad to see she didn't melt at his hands and play his little games again. However, that will probably change in the nest episodes, they will probably be best of buds and act like nothing is going on between them again.

Did anyone think that Lex's voice sounded a lot different??? maybe it's just me.

oh, and i take it that season 1 just isn't that good??? I can get it for about 40-45 dollars new....is lana even in this season???
Old 11-13-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Bleh - another freak of the week episode and of course the freak ended up in a coma.

The only interesting thing was Chloe's kiss of Clark, and Clark melting the asphalt pavement to stop the car. I liked that touch.
Old 11-13-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Season 1 takes off after about 11 episodes. Lana has been in each season.
Old 11-13-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Terrell
At least it's been a hell of a lot better than Angel, which is the other show I watch. Angel has just sucked, plain and simple. That show's not gonna last at this rate.
Yeah, if there are any more episodes like the one last nite, I could definitely see it not lasting...
Old 11-13-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rayw69
What season of Smallville hasn't suffered from the Freak of the Week episodes? Hell, how many episodes in the last season or so haven't ended with Lana telling Clark that he needs to trust her and let her in? It's as predictable as seeing the computer diary at the end of a Doogie Howser episode.
You know, I really miss Doogie Howser. But uh back to Smallville...

Originally posted by Meatpants
They should just rename Pete "Token" like the kid on South Park. I laughed out loud when he came running in Clark's house for his weekly 8 second cameo. Poor Pete.
Yeah, they might as well rename the poor kid. I don't know what happened, he used to be pretty central to the storylines. Maybe he made somebody mad?

I thought this episode was just alright, nothing special in the least bit. I was actually doing stuff while I was watching so I didn't give it my full attention. I kind of see the Freak-of-the-Week episodes as a refreshing change to the current season. Clark: stop being a dumb*** either ask out Lana, or move on. It's getting annoying.
Old 11-13-03, 01:36 PM

Sigh. This episode was a photocopy of, what, five other episodes? Probably more.

1. Freak of the Week is born.
2. Freak likes Chloe/Lana.
3. Freak goes out with Chloe/Lana.
4. Clark is suspicious/jealous and follows Freak.
5. Freak turns out to be mentally unbalanced (why not? Everyone who cool new super powers is.)
6. Clark fights Freak, who subsequently ends up in a coma/dies

Season 1.
Cool: Jock who has to suck heat out of people to live
Crush: Telekinetic falls for Chloe

Season 2.
Nocturne: Freak who can't go into sunlight writes poems for Lana
Dichotic: Smart guy who can split himself in two dates BOTH Chloe and Lana
Visage: Insane Tina/Whitney goes for Lana

I can buy the magnetic powers coming from the MRI.. I guess. But how the hell was he controlling Lana? That was beyond stupid.

Mind control. Magnetic manipulation... Pick one. Not both.
Old 11-13-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Astro
Mind control. Magnetic manipulation... Pick one. Not both.
The way they explained it on the show was that he was controlling Lana by controlling her brain activity. Brainwaves are electric impulses and he was controlling them through magnitivity, somewhat like an electromagnet. I know it's stupid, but at least they tried to explain it.
Old 11-13-03, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Jonny2k1
The way they explained it on the show was that he was controlling Lana by controlling her brain activity. Brainwaves are electric impulses and he was controlling them through magnitivity, somewhat like an electromagnet. I know it's stupid, but at least they tried to explain it.
Electromagnetic waves are all around us. Last time I checked holding a magnet to someone's head doesn't brainwash them. An EMP won't shut down my brain.
Old 11-13-03, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Astro
Electromagnetic waves are all around us. Last time I checked holding a magnet to someone's head doesn't brainwash them. An EMP won't shut down my brain.
I know, that's why I said it was stupid. I was just saying that is how they "explained" it on the show. I don't think the writers of Smallville have ever paid attention to the laws of physics, so I don't know why they would start now.

Last edited by Jonny2k1; 11-13-03 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-13-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't like this episode at all. The only redeeming part was the part where Lex busted Chloe for snooping around in his families past. Too much like a season one episode.
Old 11-14-03, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may of been "freak-of-the-week", but it was still fun seeing Superman take on Magneto.
Old 11-14-03, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
when did chloe ditch the imac and get an alienware?
and why would she use an alienware for a school newspaper. talk about overkill

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.