Reload this Page >

ABC Shelves 'Sisco,' Bets on 'Bachelorette'

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-14-03, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn you, ABC! Leave KS alone. There is no doubt in my mind that we will never see another episode again....I hope that I am wrong though...

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Despite its strong reviews, ABC's new series "Karen Sisco" could barely get arrested on Wednesday nights opposite "Law & Order."
The show has been pulled for the time being, but the network says it will relaunch "Sisco" in a new timeslot in March. Meanwhile, ABC has announced that second seasons of "The Bachelorette" and "Celebrity Mole" will debut in January, while "Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital" will fill the "Sisco" spot starting in March.

"We love this show, but it has become increasingly obvious that it's not working on Wednesday nights," ABC Entertainment president Susan Lyne says of "Karen Sisco." "Rather than give up, we're going to complete production on the [six] remaining episodes and aggressively relaunch the series this March in a new time period.

"We're hopeful that this course of action will result in the show becoming as popular with viewers as it is with critics and ABC executives."
"Karen Sisco," based on the Elmore Leonard character played by Jennifer Lopez in "Out of Sight" and starring Carla Gugino as a U.S. marshal, averaged about 7.7 million viewers a week. Both it and CBS' "Brotherhood of Poland, N.H." got flattened by NBC's venerable "Law & Order."

ABC will fill the 10 p.m. Wednesday spot with an original episode of "Extreme Makeover" on Nov. 26 and the debut of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," hosted by "Trading Spaces'" Ty Pennington, on Dec. 3. The network will unveil the new "Bachelorette" and "Celebrity Mole Yucatan" on Wednesday, Jan. 14.

The identity of the next Bachelorette hasn't been revealed yet. The second "Celebrity Mole" will feature returnees Stephen Baldwin and Corbin Bernsen, former MTV VJ Ananda Lewis, "Growing Pains" star Tracey Gold, comedian Mark Curry, basketball curiosity Dennis Rodman, ex-"Cosby" kid Keisha Knight Pulliam and model/actress Angie Everhart.

"Kingdom Hospital," which was originally scheduled to premiere Thursday, Feb. 5, will debut at 9 p.m. Wednesday, March 3 with a two-hour episode. It will settle into the 10 p.m. Wednesday spot the following week.
Old 11-14-03, 04:00 PM

I would like to thank Trigger for making this post possible, as there is only one appropriate reaction to this news:

SHIT!
Old 11-14-03, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn you, ABC! Leave KS alone. There is no doubt in my mind that we will never see another episode again....I hope that I am wrong though...
Ummm....Sounds to me like they are doing the right thing. PEOPLE AREN'T WATCHING THE SHOW. They aren't giving up. They aren't halting production. They're still pumping money into the show to make 6 more episodes. They're relaunching it in March.
Old 11-14-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So Sisco will be taking 3+ months off? That is how they effectively killed Philly a few years ago.
Old 11-14-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Three shots of bad news in one article:

1. Sisco getting bumped. At least it's not getting "retooled" a la Boomtown, still the forecast isn't good.

2. Celebrity Mole instead of regular mole. "Celebrity" version isn't bad, but I prefer the original.

3. More Bachelor/Bachelorette crap
Old 11-14-03, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-14-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Shit.
Old 11-14-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sigh. Back to one ABC show (Alias).

This was my favorite new show of this season, too. What a disappointment.
Old 11-14-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If they're smart, they'll put Karen on before or after Alias. Of course for that Alias will have to survive. The fact that ABC will support something like that, which is very minimal in plot and gets lackluster ratings, indicates they may not be so smart.
Old 11-14-03, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ABC
Old 11-14-03, 04:38 PM

ABC is in a race with MTV to be the first network with a schedule of 100% reality shows.

D
Old 11-14-03, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well that sucks. It was the only new show I've tried this season and I love it. It's my only Wednesday 10:00 show so I guess I have an open space now.
Old 11-14-03, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Booo!!!
Old 11-14-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

SHIT ASS SHIT!!!

That's my favorite show of those that were introduced this fall. They better bring it back and think about where they put it this time.
Old 11-14-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho

SHIT!
Preach on Groucho, now I only hope they allow USA to continue airing the program at midnight on Fridays.
Old 11-14-03, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I really need a weekly Carla Gugino fix. What now?
Old 11-14-03, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hello ABC!!!

This works for me and millions of other people!!!

For the love of all that is holy, bring back this show...and SOON!
Old 11-14-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the shock just hit me. I'm sad.
Old 11-14-03, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by bralph
[B]Three shots of bad news in one article:

2. Celebrity Mole instead of regular mole. "Celebrity" version isn't bad, but I prefer the original.

yep, the original Mole was the 2nd best "reality" show, next to Survivor, and ABC have their heads up their asses with it.
Old 11-14-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
I think the shock just hit me. I'm sad.
I think this may have ruined my weekend before it has even officially begun.
Old 11-14-03, 05:11 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

When are networks going to figure out Law and Order is almost invincible.

I'm sure Extreme Makeover will give it a good fight though
Old 11-14-03, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
If they're smart, they'll put Karen on before or after Alias. Of course for that Alias will have to survive. The fact that ABC will support something like that, which is very minimal in plot and gets lackluster ratings, indicates they may not be so smart.

That's exactly what I said at the beginning of the fall season. These two shows seem made for each other. I'm sure that Karen Sisco did not benefit from having The Bachelor as a lead-in. Not really the same demographic. But if Karen Sisco was after Alias, not only would it make sense, but you could have all sorts of great promos for "Kick Ass Babe night" or whatever cute name they would call it.

It's not as if ALias has ever done gang-busters on Sunday nights to begin with. I doubt ABC would move the Practice out of the 10pm Sunday night slot after last season's disaster, so they should move Alias to another night with Karen Sisco.
Old 11-14-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

*sob* now I'm in the weeping phase of my disappointment.
Old 11-14-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
*sob* now I'm in the weeping phase of my disappointment.
Stop it! You're crying - now I'm going to start crying. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this.

Anyhew - screw The Practice. ABC should just move that piece of shit (or drop it outright) and put our beloved Karen Sisco on after the wonderful world of Alias.
Old 11-14-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
GodDAMMIT!

I give up. Reality television has taken over. There's no stopping it. There's no hope to contain it. It's the catch all, low-cost alternative to taking chances on good television. And I wonder if it will ever end...

I'm glad they are "shelving" it rather than cancelling, but I'm sure cancelling is happening soon. When all it would take is a simple timeslot shift (after ALIAS would be PERFECT) and I'm sure it would be getting good ratings.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.